PDA

View Full Version : Change, action and how you write your destiny

Enlightener
10-08-2006, 09:07 AM
I was on the bus today and i saw this girl that i knew, i toyed with the idea of saying hello to her but i'm quite introverted and tend to stay away from light conversation. Now, I have heard it been said that all of life is perfect and that there is no such thing as an accident. But how can that be when we are at such liberty to choose from the pathways that are laid before us?
I was quite near to saying hello to her but chose not to, why did i choose one way over another and how will that alter my life, possibly for the rest of eternity? It may be a small difference between talking to her and not talking to her but it is change none the less.
It is such small circumstance to that which two people meet on such a random place as a bus, though it may have great impact on the lives of the two, the interaction could lead anywhere. God once told me that you effect the world around you like a pebble hitting water, the ripples extend outwards affecting the outer environment. I find this to be true, though how do I use this to my advantage to create a better life for others, not to mention myself.

Blessed Be,
Enlightener

kundalini
10-08-2006, 09:15 AM
I was on the bus today and i saw this girl that i knew, i toyed with the idea of saying hello to her but i'm quite introverted and tend to stay away from light conversation. Now, I have heard it been said that all of life is perfect and that there is no such thing as an accident. But how can that be when we are at such liberty to choose from the pathways that are laid before us?
I was quite near to saying hello to her but chose not to, why did i choose one way over another and how will that alter my life, possibly for the rest of eternity? It may be a small difference between talking to her and not talking to her but it is change none the less.
It is such small circumstance to that which two people meet on such a random place as a bus, though it may have great impact on the lives of the two, the interaction could lead anywhere. God once told me that you effect the world around you like a pebble hitting water, the ripples extend outwards affecting the outer environment. I find this to be true, though how do I use this to my advantage to create a better life for others, not to mention myself.

Blessed Be,
Enlightener

Many questions you have asked and many answers you seek!

Seriously though, your answer is in the last question you posed. Instead of a pebble hitting water, think instead of a sponsor form sheet for a good cause. The more people you get this sheet to, the more money you will raise for the good cause.

This is to your advantage.

Do you understand?

Thanks for reading, kundalini.

Enlightener
10-08-2006, 09:47 AM
So you are saying that the more people i meet on the offchance, the better my life will become. By better, i mean more experienced.
Am I catching on correctly?

Enlightener

dreamer
10-08-2006, 12:51 PM
I can't remember making a single decision that would be different in my whole life. There are things that I would do differently with hindsight but at the time everything would be the same, at the end of the day the balance of the situation creates a decision for me that balance includes my beliefs, desires, emotions etc.

It's like if you see a woman being attacked by a small man you would go and help , by a big man you would approach it in a different way maybe, by a gang of youths you might think twice about jumping in (you might not) but the choice is made for you by circumstances and internal belief systems which at any one moment may be this way or that.

I'm not sure if this is right or not it just how it seems to me. Maybe next time you will talk to the girl on the bus as a result of not having done so this time and having this conversation - maybe you make your choices ages before the event, in effect thuis thread may be making your choice for next time you meet her - but why did you choose to start this thread?

It seems to me that there is always a soft force calling me home, back to peace - is it my choice to turn from it or let it take me or is it just a rerun of an old film with a script already written?

Good thread sorry for going on just thinking out loud really.

kundalini
10-08-2006, 01:00 PM
So you are saying that the more people i meet on the offchance, the better my life will become. By better, i mean more experienced.
Am I catching on correctly?

Enlightener

No, you have misunderstood me. What I meant by my metaphor was the more goodwill you give out, the more goodwill that will return to you and so you are creating a better life for yourself and others. See?

I can't remember making a single decision that would be different in my whole life. There are things that I would do differently with hindsight but at the time everything would be the same, at the end of the day the balance of the situation creates a decision for me that balance includes my beliefs, desires, emotions etc.

It's like if you see a woman being attacked by a small man you would go and help , by a big man you would approach it in a different way maybe, by a gang of youths you might think twice about jumping in (you might not) but the choice is made for you by circumstances and internal belief systems which at any one moment may be this way or that.

I'm not sure if this is right or not it just how it seems to me. Maybe next time you will talk to the girl on the bus as a result of not having done so this time and having this conversation - maybe you make your choices ages before the event, in effect thuis thread may be making your choice for next time you meet her - but why did you choose to start this thread?

It seems to me that there is always a soft force calling me home, back to peace - is it my choice to turn from it or let it take me or is it just a rerun of an old film with a script already written?

Good thread sorry for going on just thinking out loud really.

What you are saying seems totally right to me. I think maybe a lot of people think about these things. You have posed some very interesting scenario's which detail the complexities of living in the moment. Very interesting but I don't think I can really add to this except to say I understand what you are saying dreamer.

k4ndy
10-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Well just by you telling us this expierence you never know you may of changed someones usual path of thought and they in turn will next time say hello to someone in a similar situation just because they want to see if it can change a life path. So ultimatly you seeing a person on the bus and not saying hello maybe has got a purpose just not in the obvious way you may first of thought x

Enlightener
12-08-2006, 09:27 AM
hehe, maybe the purpose of not talking to the girl on the bus was to start this thread...

It's strange though, if you think about it, how many alternate realities you can produce by doing just about anything you like. Purple Monkey Dishwasher...

Enlightener

lumas
12-08-2006, 11:35 AM
you spoke of the pebble hitting the water sending out ripples, where do you suppose those ripples end up ???? like atracts like the girl on the bus was not of your like.

dreamer
12-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Where does the pebble come from?

Enlightener
13-08-2006, 03:34 AM
You are the pebble constantly hitting the water.

lumas
13-08-2006, 10:55 AM
imagine the effect many pebbles have when hitting the water at the same time love is a very powerful tool....

Enlightener
13-08-2006, 11:35 AM
I guess the more power of faith you use the more pebbles you 'throw' into the water/ the more effect you have on the world around you.

Great story Lonelytraveller, pretty spooky eh?

Enlightener

e-ma
13-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Yeah, if you do consider that kind of phenomena to be real, it's a real mind-bender.

Unfortunately, I've had to remove the story for copyright purposes now.. so, sorry.. :icon_frown:

kundalini
13-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah, if you do consider that kind of phenomena to be real, it's a real mind-bender.

Unfortunately, I've had to remove the story for copyright purposes now.. so, sorry.. :icon_frown:

Yeah, I'm really sorry about that but it is better to be safe than sorry with something like copyright. Although, if the rest of the book is as good as the story you posted, I will definetely read a copy if I get the chance.

e-ma
13-08-2006, 02:05 PM
No worries - tis a good book, I found a copy at the local library.

kundalini
13-08-2006, 04:47 PM
No worries - tis a good book, I found a copy at the local library.

Yep, local libraries are always good sources for those who only wish to read a book and who don't want or need a copy of a book for themselves. I'll watch out for this book.

Enlightener
14-08-2006, 07:02 AM
What was the book called again?