PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of two Magpies..........

lonelymagpie
25-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi guys

I have just recently came back to this site and wanted to share this with you all.

My husband works away doing 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off but sometimes he will work 3 weeks on and 2 weeks off. Anyway, I'm digressing but what I wanted to say was that for the last six months or so (coincidentally since we've moved to a new State) the day my husband comes home two magpies fly down onto our decking area, peck at the window and greet us coming right up to the patio doors etc. We give them food but they are not interested in eating, its more as if they just came to visit us. THEN they fly away and we dont see them again until the day before my husband is due to fly back to his work and the same thing happens again. Now it doesnt matter when my husband goes away and comes back the magpies always seem to know his schedule. Its the weirdest thing. I've always had an afinity with magpies (hence my name) but I wonder if they have a message for my husband or both of us or maybe I'm just reading too much into it. If anyone could shed some light on this I would be delighted. Luv n light to you all xxx

Silver
25-11-2010, 10:43 AM
How long has this been going on?

I tend to believe it's some of the simple magic of life that most people miss or shrug off...to think that animals or birds or even insects can have an affinity for humans! Incredible, but I believe it happens all the time. That is sweet.

lonelymagpie
25-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi Silvergirl

This hs been going on since we have moved from one State to another (April of this year). Its absolutely delightful and it makes us feel very special indeed. Before we moved here we had magpies around in our back garden everyday. There were at least five or six of them and they all visited us every day at least twice, three times a day for at least a couple of years. However, on moving to this State I hoped and prayed we would get some magpies back to visit but alas we havent. However, we have had these one or two same ones come and go but only when my husband has just arrived home and then on the day that he leaves again to go back to work. I keep thinking that its maybe someone close to my husband or me for that matter that has passed over and they just keep returning to check on us LOL. What a lovely feeling they bring us anyway no matter why they visit. I do hope they keep coming back. Blessings xxxx

Moon Willow
26-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Hey lonelymagpie,
What a lovely story to share with us - thanks!

I personally don't know alot about magpies but I had a look in the book I have got and written a few notes for you...see if anything resonates with you....

- Magpies are known as being familiars
- Magpies will help you to use the intellect and spiritual knowledge that you do have to it's greatest potential. You just need to be sure you don't overestimate it (work within your boundries).
- Can be a warning not to look for the quick and easy methods to attain spiritual enlightenment (do things properly - protection, cleansing, being sure to realise the areas that you are lacking in, etc).
- Do you have knowledge that you aren't using?
- Often symbolises that you may encounter spirituality a bit differently to most other people
- Symbolises adaptability, social organisation, link between realms.
- Symbolises intelligence, wily and not easily controlled.
- Two magpies symbolises merriment and marriage.

When animals come into your life alot of it has to do with how the animals are behaving when they visit you and how you feel at the time.
For me, when magpies come into my life it reminds me to simplify things and not over analyse - reminder to look at things a little bit more in black and white.

Some food for thought anyhow.

Happy bird watching,
Moony :hug:

lonelymagpie
26-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Hi Moony

Thank you so much for sharing that. I really appreciate it and yes most of that certainly rings true for me. Yes I can definitely see the part about not doing things properly and trying to rush things re my spiritual path. I do tend to find that I dont properly cleanse or protect as I find I have no patience and want to get it right into it, do you know what I mean? I really should take a step back and just take my time. I want to try and run before I can walk and that's always been a problem for me. I do believe I have knowledge that I'm not using or maybe dont quite know how to use it yet. But like everything else I am trying to understand it all but sometimes I can get a bit confused and a bit mixed up and that's where the impatience side of things kicks in LOL.

When the magpies come to me I always feel as if they are trying to give me a message of "things will be okay" or "take it slow things will work out for the best in the end". They give me comfort and I feel happy after they've gone. I know they dont visit to be fed by me as they dont eat - its almost as if they just come to look at me for a bit. I love it and yes I agree with you with regards to looking at things more in black and white and to try not to analyse things (am really good at trying to dissect every little detail) and I know with regard to the LOA that just believe its on its way rather than try to imagine how on earth it can possibly get to me. Anyway, I truly loved reading that Moony and thank you so much for that. My husband is due to go away to work again on Monday so will keep you posted if I get another visit from my magpies........luv n light to you xxxx

Moon Willow
26-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Oh yes, keep me posted - I would love that! :hug2:

Looking at your post - you knew all the answers anyway...you just needed a little reminder. Keep up the great work and wishing you love, light and blessings on your journey :hug:

lonelymagpie
28-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Thank you Moon Willow that means sooooo much to me. Youre an angel xxxx

NightSpirit
28-11-2010, 10:03 AM
That's weird..I posted here about magpies..where's it gone?

mike bike
28-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Hiya,Lonelymagpie....your post grabbed me because I'm not supersticious normally.....but Magpies ....yes I am.

There are lots of them around here,and they're quite solitary birds,so often seen alone,and as I'm cycling along and see one I always think"Hello,Magpie",and give a little salute....it's almost like a duty.

There's the old rhym "One for sorrow,two for joy,three for a girl,four for a boy"....rubbish,I know,but Magpies are the only creatures that make me supersticious.

The trouble is,I so rarely see two together !! lol.....darn it !!

Be thankful for your two visitors.

Blessings Mike xx :smile:

Angnix
28-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks for sharing that. I love birds especially, I often wish to see a magpie one day, but they do not live in the Eastern US, they only live in the Western US, Europe and Asia, plus Australian Magpie which is a different sort of bird. I don't remember if Africa has any.

Spiritlite
28-11-2010, 09:54 PM
All I can say is that animals are so wise and are just so spiritual and natural it's a beautiful thing when things like this happen.
Spiritlite.

lonelymagpie
29-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Hi guys

Yes I fully agree with you all. Its a truly magical experience when they appear, almost as if they have taken some time out from their busy schedule to grace me with their presence LOL. Its a blessed feeling and it makes me feel very special. I thoiught I would keep you updated too with regards to them appearing only when my husband is either just about to come home from work or two weeks later when he is about to return to work. WELL, he got a call from his work saying he should fly back in probably a week later than anticipated and GUESS WHAT no magpie on his usual schedule. Its as if they know before he does LOL. So he's due to fly back next week so I shall keep you all posted if they appear OR if he gets another call to delay matters and if so WILL THE MAGPIES APPEAR OR WILL THEY NOT LOL. It certainly keeps me entertained but somehow they ALWAYS know when he's about to return or leave again.

Luv n light to you all xxxx

Lostgirl
29-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Thats amazing :) I cant wait to hear what they do :D x

lonelymagpie
27-12-2010, 06:29 AM
Hi all

This is an update to my "Tale of two magpies". The last time my magpies visited me (well I think they are for my husband really) was around 6 weeks ago. As I said they only ever visit when my husband is about to go to work for two weeks or they arrive the day after he arrives home after his two weeks working away. Anyway, he has been rained off due to the weather and has been home for about six weeks. No magipies in sight. THEN he got a call to say he was to go back to work for his usual two weeks leaving on Monday 27 December. Well, yep you guessed it, a magpie appeared on Christmas Day of all days and Boxing Day too. How awesome is this. Usually the magpies only stay for about five minutes or so but this time for the two days the magpie (only one this time) stayed for around a hour or so and came back three times each day. Dont know if there is any significance in that but it was awesome to see him again. Needless to say my husband went away today (27 December and we havent seen the magpie(s). I am sure they will return when he comes back in two weeks time. I shall keep you all updated. Luv n light to you xxxxx

Happyheart
27-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi Lonelymagpie,

I live in Oz too, and I just wanted to tell you how much I love your story. I have no answers for you, but am also a maggie lover, so your tale made me happy.

Mike bike mentioned that he only sees them as solitary birds, I don't know about other countries, but here it is seldom the case. We have couples of maggies that stick together, and in nesting season bring their offspring, usually one, sometimes twins, to meet us. They are such caring parents, seemingly running around endlessly, finding food for their squawking babies. They're also very social, and we have one that sits on our fence and regales us with lots of different bird calls. He is a great mimic, and does a barking dog and an ambulance siren.

keep us posted, this is a lovely story :hug2:

xxxlove Happyheart

lonelymagpie
27-12-2010, 10:23 PM
HI Happyheart

Lovely to hear from you and a fellow Ozzy (though originally I am from UK but emigrated about four years ago now). I just love magpies either singley or in pairs. However just recently only one has returned and as we speak at this moment he is outside in my garden looking in through the glass doors at me as if to say "hurry up and feed me". LOL. Anyway, my husband left yesterday for his two weeks on stint and for the first time the magpie has come back when he's not been here. As I said before they usually only come when hubby is due back or due to leave but this time its different. I feel maybe they are trying to say that "nothing is as black and white as it seems" as to be honest we have so much stuff going on in our heads at the moment and its maybe a sign that all will turn out okay if we just let go a bit more you know. Anyway, just wanted to share this with you. Luv n light xxxx