PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tale vs. Truth

DulcePoetica
24-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Many of the members who spend a lot of time in this forum seemed to be threatened by the idea that it might be helpful to let go of their attachment to the twin flame concept. I might once have been threatened by that too. But I think I understand it differently now.

See, 5 years ago, I met my divine counterpart. For years, I didn't know what was so different about him. I tried to comprehend by any means possible, which triggered an awaking of many things, including creative writing. I wrote prolifically on themes of the soul and telepathy and "quiet knowing", but I didn't really understand that there was an actual possibility of being connected with someone through the soul. I viewed it as only true in a poetic sense.

It was when our spiritual encounters intensified and began to press in on my physical reality that I began to seek answers outside myself and thus, found this forum. It was wonderful to discover this site; I can not overstate the incredible value on so many levels of finding people who understand this experience. Specifically, it allowed me to see that what I thought was merely a "creative interpretation" of events was actually the truth of my miraculous new reality.

However, in addition to offering me much longed-for confirmation, visiting this site also had an unexpected side effect. Once I began finding relevant information online, I stopped looking within myself. Immediately after every new and strange thing, my first impulse became to google it to see if I'm crazy. Right or wrong, it was someone else's interpretation.

On the one hand, finding out instantly that I'm not crazy over and over again is quite comforting. But it also short circuits the growth process. See if you guys tell me I'm not crazy, then I still haven't bothered to integrate my own experience into a new consciousness. It may comfort me, but in choosing to participate in the validation game, I forfeit the benefit of expanding my own awareness through the desperation of soul searching.

The human mind can not replicate incomprehensible spiritual knowledge in language. But in efforts to pass on our wisdom, we devise stories that refer to certain spiritual experiences. It happens all the time. All myths, legends and religions can not be factual, since many of them are in direct contradiction with others. These stories we pass on wrap the absolute truth in the capsule of a story the human mind can grasp. The story is not the same as the reality to which it refers. Letting go of belief in the story because you have come to know and understand the absolute truth it describes is liberating and there is no loss in doing so.

However, believing too heavily in the story could be dangerous, because by doing that, you are substituting someone else's narrative for your own discovery. Believing is not the same as knowing. It just isn't.

If you want to know whether you "know" something or just "believe in" it, observe your reaction when someone tells you it might not be true.

mystical
24-11-2010, 09:24 PM
thanks for this very insightful :)))) just what i needed to hear right now

Anima
24-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Many of the members who spend a lot of time in this forum seemed to be threatened by the idea that it might be helpful to let go of their attachment to the twin flame concept. I might once have been threatened by that too. But I think I understand it differently now.

See, 5 years ago, I met my divine counterpart. For years, I didn't know what was so different about him. I tried to comprehend by any means possible, which triggered an awaking of many things, including creative writing. I wrote prolifically on themes of the soul and telepathy and "quiet knowing", but I didn't really understand that there was an actual possibility of being connected with someone through the soul. I viewed it as only true in a poetic sense.

It was when our spiritual encounters intensified and began to press in on my physical reality that I began to seek answers outside myself and thus, found this forum. It was wonderful to discover this site; I can not overstate the incredible value on so many levels of finding people who understand this experience. Specifically, it allowed me to see that what I thought was merely a "creative interpretation" of events was actually the truth of my miraculous new reality.

However, in addition to offering me much longed-for confirmation, visiting this site also had an unexpected side effect. Once I began finding relevant information online, I stopped looking within myself. Immediately after every new and strange thing, my first impulse became to google it to see if I'm crazy. Right or wrong, it was someone else's interpretation.

On the one hand, finding out instantly that I'm not crazy over and over again is quite comforting. But it also short circuits the growth process. See if you guys tell me I'm not crazy, then I still haven't bothered to integrate my own experience into a new consciousness. It may comfort me, but in choosing to participate in the validation game, I forfeit the benefit of expanding my own awareness through the desperation of soul searching.

The human mind can not replicate incomprehensible spiritual knowledge in language. But in efforts to pass on our wisdom, we devise stories that refer to certain spiritual experiences. It happens all the time. All myths, legends and religions can not be factual, since many of them are in direct contradiction with others. These stories we pass on wrap the absolute truth in the capsule of a story the human mind can grasp. The story is not the same as the reality to which it refers. Letting go of belief in the story because you have come to know and understand the absolute truth it describes is liberating and there is no loss in doing so.

However, believing too heavily in the story could be dangerous, because by doing that, you are substituting someone else's narrative for your own discovery. Believing is not the same as knowing. It just isn't.

If you want to know whether you "know" something or just "believe in" it, observe your reaction when someone tells you it might not be true.

This is a great post, Dulce. I bolded my favourite parts. Your words always resonate within me. I absolutely agree that we should all try to look more inside ourselves for answers. Thanks for reminding me of that. You are right - as comforting as this is, we can become dependant on someone else's explainations of our own experiences.

Personally, I think am not that attached to the concept of twin flames. I consider it a theory that might or might not be true and it's mostly convinient for the purpose of being able to discuss this with other people. Something I "know" is what I feel and cannot speak of, not even to my twin (or however you want to call him). I can only express it with my soul. And what I "know" transcends every label. It doesn't matter how you name it, I just know it is there, though sometimes some things I read about it resonate more with me than the others - those are the things I only "believe in", and I am trying to filter and validate, so to speak, through my soul. That's why I have a need to defend labels sometimes - because while it's a thin line between discovery and dependency, they can serve a good purpose of awknowledging something DOES exist and is effecting our lifes, even if we can't quite explain it. It gives us a common ground. People who are not in a soul connection and are talking against the soul connection concepts mostly go against what they read in the labels, because the labels seem too romanticised, but that's just it - the labels don't always co-respond to our true inner experiences, and on occasions labels can be just that - a romantic fairy tale. It's frustrating to be judged by that. I cannot fully grasp the soul connection yet, but I am working on myself, on clearing all the fear inside of me that was brought to the surface by it.

Anima :hug:

Xan
24-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Dulce: See if you guys tell me I'm not crazy, then I still haven't bothered to integrate my own experience into a new consciousness. It may comfort me, but in choosing to participate in the validation game, I forfeit the benefit of expanding my own awareness through the desperation of soul searching.

Well, yes... but the process of gathering information and opinions of others is part of your growth, by taking care of your mind's concerns.

Now you are entering a new phase, it seems, more focused within and in your own experience.

Here's an offering for this phase, Dulce... Learn to accept each part of your development as being what you need in the moment.

Hint: Accepting has great integrating and freeing power.

Xan

DulcePoetica
24-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks Xan-

I definitely value being part of a community of people willing to share their/our spiritual experiences with each other with honesty and vulnerability. Of course you know that I am always prepared to reach out seeking guidance. I just noticed that I had begun doing it so habitually that I had started to lose the ability to hear my own inner voice. I had even maybe stopped trying to hear it.

I started thinking about it when I found some of the poetry I wrote in the beginning, which has proven to be alarmingly true at such a core level I can hardly believe I was able to get at those ideas so early in my process (years before I had ever even heard of soul connections.) At the same time I was appreciating how much insight I didn't realize I had access to within myself, I realized that I have not done any writing or artwork since I joined this forum a few months ago.

In my experience, no new poetry means no new insights. I needed to take a look at why I had stopped feeling a need to dig deep within myself, and I suspect it is because I had become accidentally dependent on the answers I found here. A snag in the road others might avoid by knowing it can happen.

-Dulce

17 yrs of separation
25-11-2010, 01:57 AM
SweetPoetry,
I love you writing. It is a real diamond. On another hand as you can see from MY STORY I write with a brutal vulerability that cuts like a knife, but I enjoy reading lyrical poetic writting of people like you as that is so rare and precious.
Looking forward to your posts

leo878
26-11-2010, 11:28 AM
TRUE LOVER OR FAKE??? XX

NightSpirit
26-11-2010, 11:42 AM

I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!

This sooo resonates with what I've been trying to say all along. Thanks DP

Xan
30-11-2010, 02:17 AM
I realized that I have not done any writing or artwork since I joined this forum a few months ago.

In my experience, no new poetry means no new insights. I needed to take a look at why I had stopped feeling a need to dig deep within myself, and I suspect it is because I had become accidentally dependent on the answers I found here. A snag in the road others might avoid by knowing it can happen.

-Dulce
Dulce... It's good to see you growing.

And I hope you can recognize that your ways of digging deeper, and your forms of expressing your new insights, may change as you evolve.

blessings
Xan