PDA

View Full Version : Staying with emotions: please help

Fairmountain
15-05-2014, 09:08 PM
I have been sitting with emotions and allowing them to arise. I will place my awareness onto where it seems like the emotion is arising from. Energies dissipate and there is more freedom. But I am having some trouble. There are these 'knots' that are in the upper area of the stomach but the tension moves around. Although sometimes it stays in the same place.

I don't know what to do with these contractions. There are some issues I have been dealing with for a long time and i just don't know what to do anymore. I am laying down for hours at a time sitting with these 'knots' allowing them to be as they are....I can't tell if i am wasting my time? I can't tell if this is really actually doing anything. I start to think that maybe it has to do with my current energy or thoughts rather then opening deeper into layers that i have not let arise.

Is it appropriate to deal with emotions in this way? Calling them emotions does not even seem adequate because they feel like trapped knots of energy.

Really looking for some guidance here. I have found Teal Scott and a book by Tom Stone where they talk about this. But that about it...I guess sometimes its very hard to monitor depth on deep trauma and if allowing this stuff is really doing anything.

(If I am working with a situation in my life how do I know that I am not just re creating emotions or solidifying beliefs regarding that event when I choose to think about it? Versus actually penetrating layers of emotional attachment?)

I hope this all makes sense.... somehow I feel like I am making a very simple process complex.

Much love and thank you

jonesboy
16-05-2014, 03:09 AM
Fairmountain,

You are touching on a very powerful technique to integrate emotions. Michael Brown has an amazing book called The Presence Process that can really teach you to deal with those emotions.

HERE (http://www.thepresenceportal.com/Aricles%20-%20Landing%20Out%20Of%20The%20Mental%20Plane.htm) is a good article to get you going with some of his teachings. HERE (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13230&SearchTerms=presense,process) is a link to mine and others experience using TPP.

From LANDING OUT OF THE MENTAL PLANE
The following simple practice, when engaged consistently, shows us, through personal experience, that it is the garden of the heart from which all the fruits of a joyful, healthy, and abundant life experience are seeded, cultivated, and harvested. It is also from within the garden of the heart that we consciously awaken to the experience of the conscious death that fruits eternal rebirth. By tending to the garden of the heart consistently each day, we experience the miraculous. It reveals to us what it really means to "love and take care of ourselves"; to stand by ourselves no matter what. To initiate this encounter with the heart it is recommended we tend to our garden for a few minutes at the beginning and the end of each day, and also in the midst of any unexpected upset. This is how simple it is:

We sit comfortably in a quiet place where we will not be interrupted. (If we truly seek to be authentic when entering this practice, we switch our cell phone to "off". Otherwise, we are just doing this because nothing else is currently stealing our attention.)

We recall an upset, whether it is something that happened recently, or something currently festering within our physical, mental, and emotional experience.

We drop the story and the details of the physical events surrounding it, and instead place our attention fully on "how we feel about it".

Where seek out where we feel this discomfort within our body? We place our attention within this location and "cradle it".

While keeping the eyes of our heart upon the uncomfortable feeling within our body, we simultaneously keep our physical eyes open, and in a relaxed manner, we observe the world before us.

We observe how the inner feeling moves, and how, as it does, the outer world simultaneously increases in presence.

When we stray off into the mental again, we gently bring our attention back into the inner feeling within our body and simultaneously upon the presence of the outer world.

We cradle this experience for as long as we feel necessary.

NOTE: If we do not have an upset to consciously work with, we enter the practice by consciously placing our attention within the center of our chest and hold it there, following the above instructions, until we feel complete. The practice of consistently placing of our attention within the center of our chest is equally powerful in initiating "the death experience" that invites the blessing of rebirth within all unintegrated aspects of our life experience.

Eventually, through this practice, we discover that the feelings of discomfort underlying our unintegrated upsets are gradually integrated and replaced by stillness, silence, and a sense of balance and peace within our heart. Over time these feelings of balance and peace organically radiate into our thoughts and are reflected back through our outer physical circumstances

vespa68
16-05-2014, 12:59 PM
I am working on the same thing. I do a lot of reiki but it doesn't seem to release the emotions fully. I have been trying to meditate on the painful feeling and then try to relase them with the "sedona" method. It's basically exploring the feelings and then asking yourself if you can release it. It seems to work but you have to go back and do it a few times. You can also try eft, there is a section on it below.

silent whisper
16-05-2014, 01:28 PM
I have been sitting with emotions and allowing them to arise. I will place my awareness onto where it seems like the emotion is arising from. Energies dissipate and there is more freedom. But I am having some trouble. There are these 'knots' that are in the upper area of the stomach but the tension moves around. Although sometimes it stays in the same place.

I don't know what to do with these contractions. There are some issues I have been dealing with for a long time and i just don't know what to do anymore. I am laying down for hours at a time sitting with these 'knots' allowing them to be as they are....I can't tell if i am wasting my time? I can't tell if this is really actually doing anything. I start to think that maybe it has to do with my current energy or thoughts rather then opening deeper into layers that i have not let arise.

Is it appropriate to deal with emotions in this way? Calling them emotions does not even seem adequate because they feel like trapped knots of energy.

Really looking for some guidance here. I have found Teal Scott and a book by Tom Stone where they talk about this. But that about it...I guess sometimes its very hard to monitor depth on deep trauma and if allowing this stuff is really doing anything.

(If I am working with a situation in my life how do I know that I am not just re creating emotions or solidifying beliefs regarding that event when I choose to think about it? Versus actually penetrating layers of emotional attachment?)

I hope this all makes sense.... somehow I feel like I am making a very simple process complex.

Much love and thank you

Everything arises in its own time. No amount of trying to make things happen, will change the way in which the body is choosing to do this.

You cannot force the body to release something your aware of until the process aligns you to be ready. You may *think* your ready, when in fact your not.

The other thing I pick up is that you may be called to investigate some support with this block.

I do Reiki and Kinesiology myself and I find they offer a gentle and ease of lifting those blocks up and out in those I am working on. There are various energy healers doing various types of energy clearing techniques to support anyone who may be blocked by their own hands..:)

Fairmountain
16-05-2014, 04:02 PM
This is great everyone thank you. I'll check out that book by Michael Brown. And silent whisper your right I think I might be trying to move faster the I am actually ready for. Which is most likely just making things take more time in the first place. Thank you for these comments it really helps to have a resource like this to fall back on when I get in the woods or a bit confused about things.

silent whisper
16-05-2014, 09:53 PM
This is great everyone thank you. I'll check out that book by Michael Brown. And silent whisper your right I think I might be trying to move faster the I am actually ready for. Which is most likely just making things take more time in the first place. Thank you for these comments it really helps to have a resource like this to fall back on when I get in the woods or a bit confused about things.

Your welcome. Yes sometimes we try to jump ahead of ourselves, when in trust that everything is as it needs to be and we may need to be in this place for longer than we might want to be.. :hug3:

LadyMay
17-05-2014, 04:59 AM
Have you tried some hatha yoga? When I started I felt the emotional blocks of my meditation arise as really intense back pain. Now when I do yoga I get really emotional as it all gets released. Muscle and emotion are often very heavily entwined due to cellular memory, ect.

Look up some light exercises involving stretching specifically for that area. Meditate in those positions and see what happens. Worth a try, at least :)