PDA

View Full Version : The Evolution of Souls.

mike bike
24-11-2010, 04:22 PM
I have been seeking truth for over 40 years....when I was aged 26 I was lead to my first spiritual teacher by a repetative dream in which I actually kept dreaming of her 14th century house in my home town of Lincoln....I didn't know who lived there then....there were other "coincidences" in the dream....I wrote down the dream (very complicated) for a friend of the lady who was then my wife....this friend knew Joan....an answer came back explaining the dream and saying "You MUST come to see me....I can help you".

So I went to visit her,and was started on my spiritual path...I used to visit Joan about once weekly,and the things I learned were amazing....she was a spiritual healer,A good artist and a wonderful pianist....and so spiritual,and her husband was the kindest man I ever knew.

She told me books to borrow from the library....one of these was"Gnani Yoga" (The Yoga of the Mind) by Yogi Ramacharaka....I suppose it's now long out of print....but the things in that book amazed me.

In one chapter Ramacharaka spoke of "The Evolution of Souls".

So here goes...before I start,please let me say that I think the teachings of Jesus,especially in "The Sermon on the Mount" are the most beautiful words ever written.

Every living thing,plant or animal has the spark of God's life in it....even something that we humans say is inanimate,such as a rock has this life of God in it's atoms...the song of life is everywhere.....everything in this beautiful Universe is a part of the one God...."Uni" means "one"....verse means "Song",or "Word".... (Thanks,Elaine)

We are not bodies who have a soul....we are immortal souls who have a body.

Even what we superior(?) humans call the lowest forms of life...woodlice,moths,beetles,....whatever have this spark of the divine life in them...all children of God....and doesn't this put a different meaning to Jesus saying he was the "Son of God"?...we are ALL the children of God....never forget that,please.

And that spark of life in these little creatures slowly evolves....wether it could be said that a beetle has a soul,I don't know,but I think so....and I believe that soul gradually evolves,so that it can inhabit ever "higher" forms of life...until eventually it can control a human body...A human soul is evolved.

Now for something really crazy....this is all the hidden meaning of the story of Adam and Eve.

Animals live in the Garden of Eden....they have no regrets about yesterday and no fears about tomorrow...they live in the NOW....and if their bellies are full they play.

A domestic animal,such as a dog or a cat,or a budgie is approaching it's final stages of evolution....learning from us how to eventually become human....we often say "He's almost human" about a partiularly bright pet....so true.

But when a soul evolves to become human....it meets trouble...it becomes capable of plotting and deceit...of betrayal and greed,and is thrust out of the Garden of Eden,to continue it's evolution in human form until eventually,after many human lives it has no need to be reborn....and what then?.....I wonder?

Blessings to every one .........Mike :hug3:

Shabda
24-11-2010, 06:09 PM
I have been seeking truth for over 40 years....when I was aged 26 I was lead to my first spiritual teacher by a repetative dream in which I actually kept dreaming of her 14th century house in my home town of Lincoln....I didn't know who lived there then....there were other "coincidences" in the dream....I wrote down the dream (very complicated) for a friend of the lady who was then my wife....this friend knew Joan....an answer came back explaining the dream and saying "You MUST come to see me....I can help you".

So I went to visit her,and was started on my spiritual path...I used to visit Joan about once weekly,and the things I learned were amazing....she was a spiritual healer,A good artist and a wonderful pianist....and so spiritual,and her husband was the kindest man I ever knew.

She told me books to borrow from the library....one of these was"Gnani Yoga" (The Yoga of the Mind) by Yogi Ramacharaka....I suppose it's now long out of print....but the things in that book amazed me.

In one chapter Ramacharaka spoke of "The Evolution of Souls".

So here goes...before I start,please let me say that I think the teachings of Jesus,especially in "The Sermon on the Mount" are the most beautiful words ever written.

Every living thing,plant or animal has the spark of God's life in it....even something that we humans say is inanimate,such as a rock has this life of God in it's atoms...the song of life is everywhere.....everything in this beautiful Universe is a part of the one God...."Uni" means "one"....verse means "Song",or "Word".... (Thanks,Elaine)

We are not bodies who have a soul....we are immortal souls who have a body.

Even what we superior(?) humans call the lowest forms of life...woodlice,moths,beetles,....whatever have this spark of the divine life in them...all children of God....and doesn't this put a different meaning to Jesus saying he was the "Son of God"?...we are ALL the children of God....never forget that,please.

And that spark of life in these little creatures slowly evolves....whether it could be said that a beetle has a soul,I don't know,but I think so....and I believe that soul gradually evolves,so that it can inhabit ever "higher" forms of life...until eventually it can control a human body...A human soul is evolved.

Now for something really crazy....this is all the hidden meaning of the story of Adam and Eve.

Animals live in the Garden of Eden....they have no regrets about yesterday and no fears about tomorrow...they live in the NOW....and if their bellies are full they play.

A domestic animal,such as a dog or a cat,or a budgie is approaching it's final stages of evolution....learning from us how to eventually become human....we often say "He's almost human" about a partiularly bright pet....so true.

But when a soul evolves to become human....it meets trouble...it becomes capable of plotting and deceit...of betrayal and greed,and is thrust out of the Garden of Eden,to continue it's evolution in human form until eventually,after many human lives it has no need to be reborn....and what then?.....I wonder?

yessir, even rocks have It within...and who is to say, that a rock isnt one of the highest angels of God, serving It's will, it happens...and you are right, each and every Soul IS a child of God, and is deserving of the same respect given a "HUman" soul...i agree with each and every word youve written...

Chrysaetos
24-11-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't agree.
How do you know what is ''evolved'' and what isn't? The Hindu belief (like all other religions) sees man as the king of creation. Unsurprisingly, all religions are man-made of course. It's all very anthropocentric. If there are religious aliens out there, they might think the same, that they are the king of creation..

The ''soul evolution'' doctrine never explains us why ''lessons'' and ''experience'' is even needed, for an immortal pure soul. If bliss and stillness is our true being, there's no need for experience, lessons, or soul evolution.

My 2 critical cents.

Shabda
24-11-2010, 06:53 PM
I don't agree.
How do you know what is ''evolved'' and what isn't? The Hindu belief (like all other religions) sees man as the king of creation. Unsurprisingly, all religions are man-made of course. It's all very anthropocentric. If there are religious aliens out there, they might think the same, that they are the king of creation..

The ''soul evolution'' doctrine never explains us why ''lessons'' and ''experience'' is even needed, for an immortal pure soul. If bliss and stillness is our true being, there's no need for experience, lessons, or soul evolution.

My 2 critical cents.
sure there is...to learn the Law of Love...Soul exists, because God Loves It...

Chrysaetos
24-11-2010, 07:15 PM
sure there is...to learn the Law of Love...Soul exists, because God Loves It...I think you just don't understand what I'm trying to say here. All these ideas about progress, learning, evolution.. are all very earthly, materialistic.
We try to make more sense of it, which is why we enchant it with fancy stories. I'm not saying these stories are necessarily wrong, but we should analyse them.

mike bike
24-11-2010, 08:09 PM
No need for learning?....bliss and stillness our true nature?....look at what the human race is doing to Mother Earth...we're not projecting our true nature very well.are we?

I think there's one hell of a lot of learning and spiritual evolution needed.

Xan
24-11-2010, 09:52 PM
How do you know what is ''evolved'' and what isn't?
A more evolved human soul is more expansively conscious, more aware in the multidimensional nature of existence, more sensitive and responsive in our interconnectedness, more free from the contraints of conditioning, more compassionate, more quietly joyful.

There's a gradual awakening into more... and more beyond that...

Becoming aware in the stillness that is the ultimate source and essence of all these expressions is only one step in evolving.

Xan

celery
24-11-2010, 10:43 PM

That's why I cannot possibly say that we humans are more evolved than animals. I cannot put a finger on it, but some humans are obviously highly evolved, whereas others have done terrible things that no animal would ever think of. I think it's not about evolution but mere freedom.
And that's why I think it's not about which is more evolved, humans or animals, but free will. We have it so we do right and wrong, animals just 'are' and do things by instinct.
It's just our lack of self-confidence to have the need to feel 'more evolved' than other animals, it's our own insecurity that needs to hear 'I am the most intelligent of all the living thing','I am the most powerful of all because I can kill any living thing, I can decide what dies and what doesn't', etc.

So, call it 'Humans are the most evolved living things' if you need to hear that. And say 'that dog is almost human' when it resembles a human trait, if you need to put yourself in the ideal situation that all the other animals have yet to reach.
When an animals behaves in a way that resembles a human trait, did you ever wonder why is it that we say it is evolving instead of saying 'we humans have traits typical to that of other animals'?
:hug:

Miss Hepburn
25-11-2010, 03:11 AM
yessir, even rocks have It within...and who is to say, that a rock isnt one of the highest angels of God, serving It's will, it happens...and you are right, each and every Soul IS a child of God, and is deserving of the same respect given a "HUman" soul...i agree with each and every word youve written...
I agree also.
However, Shabda, as far as a rock being "one of the highet angels of God",
I submit - a rock - tho it has God's essence sustaining it and should be given all due respect - I submit it is more like a toenail of God's.
Important as that is.

I dunno, call me crazy.
:wink:

Miss Hepburn
25-11-2010, 03:20 AM
you have such a beautiful energy xan.
I'll say!!!!!

Funny, violet - you were saying hi to me while I was writing this post....

:thumbsup:

Xan
30-11-2010, 02:31 AM
`

_/\_
namaste, you two

Xan