PDA

View Full Version : Things unwise to question.

Dwerg
08-05-2014, 09:39 PM
This is taken from personal experiences, so you can doubt and criticize it all you want. Point is that I've found it to be dead ends in life and doesn't lead anywhere, meaning it's pointless to question.

Existence: This one is pretty common and tend to lead people into defining life as pointless, which is true if you refuse to accept ideas of what happens when you're dead. Accepting pointlessness is a doorway to freedom, perspective flips and the question becomes pointless and everything else meaningful.

Time: Thanks to Eckhart Tolle for defining this one, the time is always now. Past has passed and the future is yet to come. You can question this one and generate theories upon theories, but you would be wasting your precious time.

Space: This one also seems to generate a lot of theories, space is also quite obvious. Trying to explain it is a waste of time, everyone knows what space is without further explanation.

Identity: This one also seems to lead into crisis and "me" complexes, it's the question of who you are. Solution, you just are. This is usually the result of much negative judgement from other people.

Perfection: This is the silliest word in the dictionary, it's entirely subjective. There's difference between "it's perfect" and "I think it's perfect", the latter is the proper usage. Why? By putting "I think" in front it clarifies that it's their opinion. The first one is a claim as if it was objective and obvious to everyone. You can't do black and white or all or nothing thinking with this word.

So what actually matters then? It would somehow be too arrogant of me to express that, but most people seem to reach the same conclusion when they stop asking the wrong questions and start asking the right questions. Besides finding out is part of the fun :smile:

Stevo
08-05-2014, 09:46 PM
I am the exact opposite but thats all good :)
I enjoy pondering the now or the nothingness, maybe you (and me) only have pieces of the puzzle so the peices feel useless for now until you get the whole picture, then the questioning will pay off. Maybe...

Lorelyen
09-05-2014, 11:53 AM
This is taken from personal experiences, so you can doubt and criticize it all you want. Point is that I've found it to be dead ends in life and doesn't lead anywhere, meaning it's pointless to question.

Existence: This one is pretty common and tend to lead people into defining life as pointless, which is true if you refuse to accept ideas of what happens when you're dead. Accepting pointlessness is a doorway to freedom, perspective flips and the question becomes pointless and everything else meaningful.

Time: Thanks to Eckhart Tolle for defining this one, the time is always now. Past has passed and the future is yet to come. You can question this one and generate theories upon theories, but you would be wasting your precious time.

Space: This one also seems to generate a lot of theories, space is also quite obvious. Trying to explain it is a waste of time, everyone knows what space is without further explanation.

Identity: This one also seems to lead into crisis and "me" complexes, it's the question of who you are. Solution, you just are. This is usually the result of much negative judgement from other people.

Perfection: This is the silliest word in the dictionary, it's entirely subjective. There's difference between "it's perfect" and "I think it's perfect", the latter is the proper usage. Why? By putting "I think" in front it clarifies that it's their opinion. The first one is a claim as if it was objective and obvious to everyone. You can't do black and white or all or nothing thinking with this word.

So what actually matters then? It would somehow be too arrogant of me to express that, but most people seem to reach the same conclusion when they stop asking the wrong questions and start asking the right questions. Besides finding out is part of the fun :smile:

There are lots of words that signify intuitive, noumenal conditions, mostly abstract nouns that defy any precise definition.

Try defining love, hate, pain or ecstasy for instance. They exist/occur but...define them? It's difficult enough defining a word like "music". We all have our individual experiences of these qualities but can't intellectualise them.

The words exist to signify concepts we recognise in common in that, though individual, we've probably had some experience we can relate to them. That's all.

Perfection, though, that isn't quite such a useless term because it can be relevant on the material plane even if it can't be reached. There is an ideal for many situations/phenomena, and a "real". We might want to get the real as close to the ideal as we can. For example, to the hi-fi enthusiast the perfect amplifier is a wire with gain. In other words no distortion. We can never achieve that but we can design toward removing or compensating for all that distortion. That sort of thing.

sarek
10-05-2014, 09:48 AM
The key is not in learning the answers from a book or video, or even having a mr. Tolle, or whatever guru of choice explain them to you.
The key is in finding the answers for yourself. The key is in diving in so deep that you become the answer.

Then and only then will you not need any gurus or exalted masters. Then, you ARE the source.

Question everything that you havent figured out in person.

Lorelyen
19-05-2014, 11:34 AM
The key is not in learning the answers from a book or video, or even having a mr. Tolle, or whatever guru of choice explain them to you.
The key is in finding the answers for yourself. The key is in diving in so deep that you become the answer.

Then and only then will you not need any gurus or exalted masters. Then, you ARE the source.

Those are statements that can't be questioned. 100% agree. The danger in relying on gurus is there are many fake ones out there trying to foist their belief systems inappropriately onto others.

:smile:

linen53
19-05-2014, 01:55 PM
For me the answers just do not matter. What do I care of the space I am occupying when I am delving inward to discover me and where I fit int the Creator's plan. Time, space, the questions of existence, etc are merely the stage props in which I am acting out my part.

Djurplagare89
19-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Sure life will get pointless as long as these robots do the working, I mean we have dishwashers and vacuums either robots or manual and still we think we dont have any freetime over... Most of us want everything served on a completed plate but cheating is fun for awhile but then gets... pointless.
Humans are lazy! That is the answer to this question.

Ummon
20-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Another one is why we love the people we do

elisi
04-06-2014, 04:53 PM
sarek is very wise.

acorn
05-06-2014, 12:11 AM

.........Words of Wisdom....
Love
acorn

Dwerg
05-06-2014, 06:06 AM

I agree, doesn't hurt with some pointers though, makes it easier to find :)

r6r6
07-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Dwerg{-- This is taken from personal experiences, so you can doubt and criticize it all you want. Point is that I've found it to be dead ends in life and doesn't lead anywhere, meaning it's pointless to question.

I think the only dead-end in life is in death itself. Living is complex set of interrelating complex and simple viewpoints/points-of-view, that, for the most part, we do not remmeber much of, for the first 2-4 years after conception. Then our mental intellect begins having increased ability to recall more and more of:

1) our observations( points ) and associated feeling( points ),

2) our questioning( points ) thoseand then sorting out of those observations and feelings,

3) discovery of simple and complex set of metaphyscial points complementing the above physical points,

4) applying those points in ways that each individual finds pointedly significant, relevant etc...to our lifes and the environmental set of circumstantial set of points we interrelate with through out our living days.

Existence:

Ditto my above for individual pointedness of existence that may lead to questioning the pointedness of a greater environmental existence that embraces each one of us and all of us collectively.

Time:

< past < )|( < future <

)|( = eternal yet changing now ergo the eternal present, of which can and do associate with a past and future 3D space existence, that, we can mathamtically cross-section as a finite, 2D planar existence.

Space:

Non-occupied space, occupied space and complementary concepts thereof.

Identity:

To quantify as a unitary finite concept, that, we then use to communicate our experiences to self and to others.

Perfection:

the only true perfection exists a metaphysical-1, concept ex a perfect sphere or circle only exists as concepts of mind/intellect and do not have a physical/energy existence.

So what actually matters then?

Fermionic matter is not only matter it is inherently respected by most humans, via the bosonic forces that collectively affect our living existence. Those who dont respect that matter and associated forces may kill themselves and others for no apparrent reason( pointless ).

It would somehow be too arrogant of me to express that, but most people seem to reach the same conclusion when they stop asking the wrong questions and start asking the right questions. Besides finding out is part of the fun :smile:

There are no "wrong" questions, there are questions that may be inappropriate for circumstances under consideration, however, we learn from out mistakes, and inappropriate questions can be learning experiences also.

Metaphysical angle 'V'---ex people may ask, what is your angle{ viewpoint } on this or that --- is eternally complementary to any physical Viewpoint or point-of-View. imho

r6