PDA

View Full Version : How to prove God properly

Matthias
08-05-2014, 12:46 PM
I believe, the existence of God can only be proven rationally and sufficiently when we give up on traditional church teachings, that sees God and human as two different beings, because that view is irrational.

There is no satisfying proof of God once we think of him as a separate being. Our idea of him as a human-disconnected uber-being is soon exposed to the reproof of a non-being of non-relevance and nothingness. This tendency became obvious in the way modern science became godless.

By describing God as the absolute, the almighty, the fulfilled..., we set in him the standard for ourselves, and reveal, that there is no limit to our spiritual development than him. He is our true potential and true self.

Being children of God means, we humans are gods ourselves and the universe is as much a display of our own nature as it is of God our father and creator. It's the vital insight we still hesitate to accept.

In that sense, it becomes obvious, that the real proof of God is simply and foremost us. Each one of us is living proof of him. We represent his greatness.

The idea of godliness suddenly doesn't feel so aloof anymore. When we think of God as essentially human, we realize, that there is no difference between godliness and real humanity. Godliness is in the displays of real humanity. When our actions are honest and virtuous, is when we see it shine.

When we show the effort to bring forth our godly potential, we inspire ourselves and others and are lifted in the spirit of our father. The father is in all of us and he calls us to bring him forth. We are all the same being, but we are in different states of realization within the reality, that is him.

The realization of the knowledge, that I present to you is one vast step toward a greater mankind that has no longer to search for proof of God in the universe and empirical studies, because it knows itself as proof.

Baile
08-05-2014, 01:21 PM
There is no satisfying proof of God once we think of him as a separate being.

He is our true potential and true self.

Being children of God means, we humans are gods ourselves and the universe is as much a display of our own nature as it is of God our father and creator. It's the vital insight we still hesitate to accept.

Each one of us is living proof of him. We represent his greatness.I agree with everything you say here, so we don't we start right now, and eliminate all separation language and unnecessary gender references:

-We are God.
-As God, we are already our true potential and true self.
-As incarnated human beings, our lower incarnated God-self relates with our higher spirit God-self in the same way children form a relationship with their parents.

Mathew James
08-05-2014, 02:15 PM
I totally disagree with the above comments.

We are not GOD, nor will we ever come close.

Humans have no ability to understand GOD.

The human ego does however tells us we are a god.

mj

Baile
08-05-2014, 03:28 PM

The human ego does however tells us we are a god.I totally disagree with the above comments.

We are GOD, etc. and so forth.

Now your turn. (It's great to discuss, huh?)

Mathew James
08-05-2014, 03:46 PM

Thanks Baile, just my opinion that humans are created by GOD. For me, I just see humans as the creation and GOD is so, so, so, so far above what was created. But if a person wants to feel divine and say they are god, that is fine with me. More power to them, hope they cure cancer or do something divine with it. You would think the world/humanity would be alot kinder to one another, considering they are god.

mj

mickiel
08-05-2014, 05:32 PM

We are GOD, etc. and so forth.

Just a brief description of a few things we know about God;

God cannot die, all humans will die

God will not lie, every human lies

God is unborn, all humans had a birth

God has no parents , all humans have parents

God is perfect, no human has that kind of perfection

God has no weaknesses, all humans have weaknesses

Show me a human who thinks they are God, and I will show you a confused person out of touch with reality!

hernam
08-05-2014, 05:50 PM

The human ego does however tells us we are a god.

mj

There are many sufi books that believe that we Are God. I have a hard time understanding this. However if you look at God in the form of energy or as the universe and he created us and we are from his creation then yes in that sense the statement would be true.
Look at the sun for instance the Rays are part of the sun. The universe we are connected to it no. So aren't we part of the universe? If I an part of something are I one with that something?

hernam
08-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Just a brief description of a few things we know about God;

God cannot die, all humans will die

God will not lie, every human lies

God is unborn, all humans had a birth

God has no parents , all humans have parents

God is perfect, no human has that kind of perfection

God has no weaknesses, all humans have weaknesses

Show me a human who thinks they are God, and I will show you a confused person out of touch with reality!

Our material body dies not our spirit which is energy. I think a better way to say it is we are one in God. It is all connected we come from him he created us we are a beam from his light. At the highest level of understand one will see we are One. Think of the ocean do we name everything in the ocean or do we call it all the ocean? The ocean is made up of water, sea life and many other things that are part of the whole.

Squatchit
08-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Don't you find it funny that we are proving God properly with our 'this' 'that' and 'the other' - as if we know God more than God does.

It's a laugh. :D

Mathew James
08-05-2014, 06:35 PM
...Look at the sun for instance the Rays are part of the sun. The universe we are connected to it no. So aren't we part of the universe? If I an part of something are I one with that something?

yes, I can agree with this. But being part of something or having the Spirit of God dwelling in us, is far different then saying we are god and have the abilities of GOD.

mj

Ecthalion
08-05-2014, 07:09 PM
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\How do you know this Mikiel???Just a brief description of a few things we know about God;

God cannot die,[who says???]' all humans will die

God will not lie, [who says???]every human lies

God is unborn, [who says???]all humans had a birth

God has no parents ,[who says???] all humans have parents

God is perfect,[who says???]no human has that kind of perfection

God has no weaknesses [who says???], all humans have weaknesses

Ecthalion
08-05-2014, 07:18 PM
It has not worked
(Edited by Staff) NOTE the Respect Rule We have.....

Respect: Please respect other member’s and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times. Members are also advised to be polite to other members at all times. Aggression, disrespect, baiting, flaming, homophobia , racism , name calling (this includes calling people trolls or accusing them of trolling.), belittling, sarcasm, bullying, gossiping, are all unacceptable behaviour and will, if persistent despite reminders and warnings, result in Disciplinary Action. If, however, the breach of the above rule is considered too severe, Staff may at their discretion forego both the reminder and warning and resort immediately to Disciplinary Action. Adversarial and aggressive posts deter people who would like to contribute to discussions from participation in these boards.

hernam
08-05-2014, 07:37 PM
yes, I can agree with this. But being part of something or having the Spirit of God dwelling in us, is far different then saying we are god and have the abilities of GOD.

mj

Yes. For a ray from the sun does not have the same power as the sun but it is still part of the sun.

Matthias
08-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Hi mickiel!

Well lets have a look at your knowledge then. I'm gonna do it like this, because I'm too lazy to split your post into single quotes.

die
I assume you are Christian. It seems that you are confused about your own faith. I will help your memory: Jesus died a physical death on the cross and then he was resurrected. And what do Christians believe in therefor? Bingo! resurrection, eternal life, that kinda stuff. Our physical existence is merely a pre-stage of our eternal, spiritual self, in that sense we are no different to God.

lie
Even if we lie, we know that it's a lie and therefor wrong. In our conscience, we are aware of the state of truthfulness as a possibility of ourselves.

born
Yet again, you should consider that you as a Christian should at least think of Jesus as God and he was born by his mother Mary. Or do you not believe, that Jesus is God, as you should?

But given that God is unborn, it doesn't help you, for the simple fact, that the being brings forth its own kind. The sprout that God fathers and brings to life is his own potency and potentially him. Therefor nothing stands against that humans are born gods.

parents
Again, Jesus' father is God and his mother is Mary, who is even seen as the "Mother of God" by many Christians.

perfect
Oh yes, from my perspective, there is a human that has it: God!

Looking at your statement, it makes me wonder, how you wouldn't see its inner contradiction. How could you even make such claim? How would you know that God is perfect, if your horizon is limited to imperfection? You cannot set yourself a borderline and at the same time shoot beyond it. It just shows that this borderline is just a self-deceptive imagination.

weakness
Yes, we have weaknesses, because we are not fulfilled, but adding a twist to that I'd like you to contemplate, that even in human weakness lies the perfection of God. We don't always have to be strong, to be godlike. When Jesus hang on the cross, he suffered from his weakness but his weakness was transformed into perfection and his suffering was glorified.

out of touch
funny, I wish to say the same about you and your ungodly ideas of man.

hernam
08-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Let us not debate for the sake of being correct. This is pointless and a useless. We are all at different levels of understanding and can all learn from each other.

hernam
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Don't you find it funny that we are proving God properly with our 'this' 'that' and 'the other' - as if we know God more than God does.

It's a laugh. :D

Yes it is.
Maybe the best way to prove God exist is to try to disprove him which is impossible so that in itself would prove him. Food for thought

Matthias
09-05-2014, 04:50 PM
By describing God as the absolute, the almighty, the fulfilled..., we set in him the standard for ourselves, and reveal, that there is no limit to our spiritual development than him.

I feel the urge to correct the last part of this sentence, because it could leave the impression, that I thought of God and us as limited, which is nonsense of course. Therefore I want to correct this "...there is no limit to our spiritual development than him, who is infinite."

mickiel
09-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Hi mickiel!

out of touch
funny, I wish to say the same about you and your ungodly ideas of man.

You're idea of me is ungodly, you seem to think I am Christian; I am not!

And don't ever want to be one. Mainly because their views are like yours.

Matthias
09-05-2014, 05:08 PM

I wish they were, but unfortunately the Christian dogma and the way it was carried out in history leans toward your mentality of separative thinking and for me this is a tragedy.

someguy92
09-05-2014, 07:35 PM
God can be proven easily. For start your basic and foremost emotion, that cannot be denied is faith. You can have faith in your dog, faith in yourself, but its there this emotion is undeniable proof of God, if anyone dissaproves faith, than he is dissaproving basic things like breathing.

Than if you want to go more indepth, if you want even physical evidence, your basic evidence is in your most primitive form of einsteins most famous mass energy equivalence. Everything is made of energy and what is this energy? You can guess who is made of pure energy? God. Simple answer. Than you can go even more indepth and actually understand that this world functions as God and God functions as this world, the famous as above so below. Let me clarify, look at basic law of conservation of energy, energy doesnt create or cease to exist, its just there, it exists and the only thing you can do with it is transform it into another form of energy wich in its primal form is energy. This even proves the claim that God is in everything and everything is made of God. And that even proves what Jesus told, that kingdom of heaven is within us, because in our primal form, we are God, we are energy. Science even APPROVES God, the more we know, the closer we are to God, again the more we know in the field of science, the answer of if God exists cannot be evaded further and the more we deny it, the more the progress of science will be hindered. But ofcourse those "popsciences" as evolutionary biology and such trash, that is only created to profit on humans anger against God, cannot be even considered science. Real sciences as Math, Physics, Chemistry etc. only approve existence of God and even the brightest minds were very religious people.

hernam
09-05-2014, 08:09 PM
God can be proven easily. For start your basic and foremost emotion, that cannot be denied is faith. You can have faith in your dog, faith in yourself, but its there this emotion is undeniable proof of God, if anyone dissaproves faith, than he is dissaproving basic things like breathing.

Than if you want to go more indepth, if you want even physical evidence, your basic evidence is in your most primitive form of einsteins most famous mass energy equivalence. Everything is made of energy and what is this energy? You can guess who is made of pure energy? God. Simple answer. Than you can go even more indepth and actually understand that this world functions as God and God functions as this world, the famous as above so below. Let me clarify, look at basic law of conservation of energy, energy doesnt create or cease to exist, its just there, it exists and the only thing you can do with it is transform it into another form of energy wich in its primal form is energy. This even proves the claim that God is in everything and everything is made of God. And that even proves what Jesus told, that kingdom of heaven is within us, because in our primal form, we are God, we are energy. Science even APPROVES God, the more we know, the closer we are to God, again the more we know in the field of science, the answer of if God exists cannot be evaded further and the more we deny it, the more the progress of science will be hindered. But ofcourse those "popsciences" as evolutionary biology and such trash, that is only created to profit on humans anger against God, cannot be even considered science. Real sciences as Math, Physics, Chemistry etc. only approve existence of God and even the brightest minds were very religious people.

Couldn't agree more. I always felt that scientists were simply unlocking the mysteries of GOD. The more sone try to disprove his existence the more they prove it.

Baile
10-05-2014, 11:01 AM
You're idea of me is ungodly, you seem to think I am Christian; I am not!

I wish they were, but unfortunately the Christian dogma and the way it was carried out in history leans toward your mentality of separative thinking and for me this is a tragedy.Ouch and ouch. Can you two just agree you both believe in God but have differing views of things Christian, and leave it at that?

Visitor
10-05-2014, 11:09 AM
IMHO, God cannot be claimed.
Who are we to claim God, to prove, label, compartmentalize, or minimize God.
Only my ego wishes to do such a thing.

Baile
10-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Who are we to claim GodWho are we to claim what God even is, if anything at all? The universe is billions of light years across. An infinite number stars, planets and galaxies. And here we are on an internet forum with our tiny thoughts and ideas, strutting and posturing like we have the slightest clue as to what God and existence supposedly is. In relation to creation, the human intellect is the very definite of a cosmic joke.

someguy92
10-05-2014, 01:58 PM
@someguy92

When you are unwilling to show an interest in the philosophical approach of my original post, then why would you even care to post in this thread? I don't mean to be rude, but you have the mentality of an elephant in the pottery store.

But as you already imposed yourself, no, I don't believe that we are energy, because what is energy? It's merely a theory of physical matter. It's not person, not being, not self, all these notions that define us in our core.

The being itself cannot be reduced to what is merely a displays of its spiritual substance, like states and dynamics of matter in the physical universe. It cannot be constructed or put together from matter like a robot. That is the illusion of physicalist thinking, the current subborn mentality of science, in denial of ourselves.

As God says: "I am who I am", we are who we are. Self-consciousness is the real deal to all that exists, it's the oneness that simply is and has to be in order for something to derive from it and to be displayed.
I will just answer one simple fact, if you dont believe in energy than you are denying every single law of thermodynamics, you are denying newton laws and you are denying einsteins theory + others, wich ARE used everyday in your basic ordinary life, in basic primitive things. Its no "philosophical" thing, only a person who doesnt even went trough elementary physics or chemistry can claim that energy is "theory of physical matter". Sorry but philosophy and hard evidence are two different things, I claimed proof of Gods existence trough hard evidence, if you dont want to accept that and still are hellbend on "philosophy", than fine, I dont care, everyone has opinion, but denying facts...that is kind of hard headed dont you think?

Lynn
10-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Hello Members

This thread has been edited by me Lynn Admin, if the childish behavior and rude behavior continues in it I will pull the thread. There is no need for disrespect and we have a rule on SF that will be enforced.

If there are any comments on how things are "moderated" on SF bring that direct to any Staff Member's attentions. As for members being able to report issues we have a "report button" that brings messages to Staff attentions and we look at each case by case. There is a rule about members moderating other members as well.

Please take the time to read the rules below and get back to respectful discussions and not debate.

Respect: Please respect other member’s and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times. Members are also advised to be polite to other members at all times. Aggression, disrespect, baiting, flaming, homophobia , racism , name calling (this includes calling people trolls or accusing them of trolling.), belittling, sarcasm, bullying, gossiping, are all unacceptable behaviour and will, if persistent despite reminders and warnings, result in Disciplinary Action. If, however, the breach of the above rule is considered too severe, Staff may at their discretion forego both the reminder and warning and resort immediately to Disciplinary Action. Adversarial and aggressive posts deter people who would like to contribute to discussions from participation in these boards.

Members moderating members: Please do not moderate other members, do not create your own rules in posts, tell other member's where they can post and where they cannot, or correct anyone on their spelling or grammar or presentation (English is not everyone's first language and some people have dyslexia or may have learning difficulties.) If a post is difficult to read please pm a staff member so we can discreetly suggest an edit to the member concerned, or if it's a solid block of text we can insert breaks. If you feel threads are in the wrong section please simply contact a member of staff.

Lynn

SF Admin