PDA

View Full Version : psychic mediums

elizabethjoseph
08-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know why a psychic medium would not be able to 'read' someone? This is the second time I was unable to get a reading, anything at all, and it was my idea to have the medium come over to the house we were staying at. He said he couldn't read me and I had to leave the room.

Jenny Crow
08-05-2014, 04:06 PM
First of all I think the term "psychic medium" is sort of unnecessary - if a person can communicate with the dead then they are psychic.

However, maybe no-one on the other side was there at that particular time that wanted the medium to give you a message.

Or perhaps the medium saw or heard something that he/she was unwilling to tell you. Or perhaps they came up with a big blank.

froebellian
08-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Sometimes you cannot read people because a) they maybe blocking with negative thoughts especially skeptics or non believers in the room and b)there is no message to give or c) what you want to know is not information that you need to know.

I say to people you cannot summon spirits on demand, they have to want to come forward. Its not uncommon for psychics doing public shows to have few spirits come forward. You cannot guarantee who will come forward or what message they will give.

Belle
08-05-2014, 05:50 PM
I've had frustrating readings wanting x to turn up and they don't. There are no recommendations to be given. If a spirit wants to communicate with you, they will but sometimes our desire to hear someone over-rides their ability to communicate.

Greenslade
09-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know why a psychic medium would not be able to 'read' someone? This is the second time I was unable to get a reading, anything at all, and it was my idea to have the medium come over to the house we were staying at. He said he couldn't read me and I had to leave the room.

Being psychic and being mediumistic are very different. Often the two are lumped in together but 'technically' it's not the way it is. Psychics read the person while mediums get it straight from Spirit.If the person couldn't read you then I would say they're psychic. If that's the case then it could be because your energies vibrate outside their 'range' if you like. I've been to a few and every one has hit a brick wall with me. The other possibilities are that what they've seen they'd rather not tell you for whatever reason.

Holly
16-05-2014, 12:14 AM
Maybe you went seeking something you shouldn't know the answer to ;)

In my experience spirits and angels are heavily restricted in what they can discuss with you. If you go asking questions along a line they can't elaborate on, then they'll shut up.

Sometimes people just don't need any otherworldly help. Sometimes their lives need to be purely physical. Sometimes spirit interference harms more than it helps. Those are the times when spirit is silent.

Nameless
16-05-2014, 12:32 AM
Maybe what spirit is "telling you" by not telling you anything via a psychic/medium is that you need to learn how to do this for yourself. They are sneaky that way. It is a possibility that you want this information, you desire spirit communication, but because it is not happening for you, you start to learn about how to do it yourself - that could be your journey as well.

Or it is simply that they didn't get anything at that particular time. It happens.

Don't give up. Keep trying, in whatever fashion happens upon your doorstep - things appear out of nowhere at you that lead you to something that leads you to something else, and pretty soon you are good at reading the signposts for yourself that they are sending to you each and every moment.

i believe everyone is psychic. And I believe anyone can learn. But first you have to deal with your "stuff", which are your fears. If you can get past fears and negative thought patterns and clear them a path, it helps them to get through to you.

Abraham Hicks has a book - Ask and it is Given, and in there is a process of dealing with your emotional stuff and your physical stuff.

I had no psychic abilities that I knew about until well into my fifties, when suddenly I had the desire to know more. Just some thoughts.

There is a saying, the teacher will come when the student is ready....