PDA

View Full Version : What does "Spirituality" Mean to you?

DJ716
05-05-2014, 01:35 AM
I would like to hear from any of you out there how do you define "Spirit" or what does "Spirituality" mean to you?

I would define spirituality as anything dealing with or referencing the essential level of being, the essential meaning something that transcends the physical make up of a being... the intention to exist. I don't like to use the words 'life-giving' in this description because I go so far as to think of inanimate being as having a spiritual essence (an initial will or intention). This isn't by any means a full articulation of what the words spirit and spirituality mean to me, but it is a gives a good general idea.

I would love to hear from any of you who want to share what these words mean to you.

No-thing-ness
05-05-2014, 01:47 AM
we are conscious(spiritual) beings temporarily occupying a physical body to experience the physical realm, so everything we do is spiritual from the good - the bad and the ugly!!!

DJ716
05-05-2014, 02:25 AM
I agree with your summation. The mention of consciousness, awareness, and experience are very relevant when discussing the meaning of spirituality.

I would just ask you, is there truly a distinction between the physical and spiritual realms? What makes something a spiritual vs material and vice versa?

Eudaimonist
05-05-2014, 04:57 AM
By spiritual, I mean not exclusively materialistic. A spiritual person isn't just concerned with traditionally material or worldly values such as wealth, status, or power, but is also concerned with gaining insight into the deep issues of life for the sake of personal growth or transcendence. Spiritual people seek some form of enlightenment about life.

I realize that my definition may be controversial around here. I don't mean the belief that we are non-material entities inhabiting material bodies.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Seawolf
05-05-2014, 06:00 AM
To me spiritual means everything that is, there's no distinction between physical and spiritual. Also, the ordinary and harsh realities of life are not usually considered spiritual but I think everything is. i would say those things are even 'more spiritual' than what people usually think of as spiritual if that's possible. There's nothing 'out there', nothing beyond the mind, no invisible unknowable mysterious power out there 'guiding' or pulling the strings, just what we experience in life and it is all spiritual.

sarek
05-05-2014, 07:38 AM
For me there is no difference between spirituality and life. Life is subservient to my spiritual experience as a physical being.

To be all that I can be is the purpose of my spiritual practice.

Lorelyen
05-05-2014, 09:11 AM
we are conscious(spiritual) beings temporarily occupying a physical body to experience the physical realm, so everything we do is spiritual from the good - the bad and the ugly!!!

Very well put!

:smile:

Lorelyen
05-05-2014, 09:17 AM
I agree with your summation. The mention of consciousness, awareness, and experience are very relevant when discussing the meaning of spirituality.

I would just ask you, is there truly a distinction between the physical and spiritual realms? What makes something a spiritual vs material and vice versa?

Have you considered a brief study of the Qabalah that deals with the relationship of the material world with the divine? A complex map of the cosmos on which the material world is the final stage of manifestation at the bottom of the Tree of Life. However, any material 'thing' can have spiritual significance to someone and it's in this that the relationship lies. Material things are effectively signs for whatever inner meanings you attribute to them.

Baile
05-05-2014, 11:36 AM
For me, the only way to specifically identify what spirituality is, is by comparing it to religion. Yes, both religion and spirituality have spiritual elements. So let's first get that argument out of the way first.

Past that, religion is the adherence to a specific set of tenets and beliefs. Whereas the opposite is true regarding spirituality, and has to do with personal interpretation of individual metaphysical experience. It's that simple.

Visitor
05-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Hello DJ716.
Basically, for me: spirit is Truth. Spirituality is living Truthfully.

No-thing-ness
05-05-2014, 12:39 PM

The physical realm is an extension of the spiritual realm, everything is therefore spiritual. The mind likes to put forth concepts of words, actions and thoughts being either good or bad; but in reality their is no good or bad.

Each one of us is Life Unfolding and whatever happens is perfect because it has occured - even what we perceive as either good, bad or ugly! In my own experience being diagnosed with cancer lead me to meeting my wife, so everything has a purpose, even what folk think of as negative(because their is nothing truly negative). I embraced my cancer and we had a wonderful dance together! Three times we've danced to a beautiful melody and three times I've experienced bliss!

DJ716
10-05-2014, 03:44 AM
Awesome!!! Lots of really great responses here.

I have found myself asking this questions from time to time when I am involved in some sort of discussion about 'spiritual' topics. I like to challenge myself in understanding of my own 'spirituality'.

No-thing-ness, just to clear, my response to your first comment was not argumentative at all. I intended to expand on your great summation.

Loreleyn, I've actually studied Kabbalah for 23 years and you're absolutely correct. There is a lot of knowledge about the various levels or worlds, or spheres of existence that delineates the relationships between the various 'worlds'. However, there is a something that happens to a student who studies this wisdom. Over time, that student's perception changes and soon, they begin to experience that, despite all the distinctions made, that all that is is very much in all levels of existence simultaneously... and eventually the most mundane of the material is experienced as something of pure essential spiritual potency.

That is a point that I have found so incredibly fascinating recently. There are changes in our mental states, transformations in what we value and sparks of inspiration and creativity that seem to arise from within a person. There are no reliable conditions that you can put a person in that will result in such 'events' that result in very definite transformation and change. There seems to be, at least in my own opinion, an underlying intelligence from which such emerges and with which we all have the ability to connect.

So for me, spirituality is anything that involves consideration of this source that can either be within us or pervasively out among all that exists in the universe. Also any of those efforts to evoke such experiences that further enrich our life experiences, or inspire us, or transform our nature is what I consider to be 'spirituality'.

Hermes
10-05-2014, 01:28 PM
spirit is god. Infinite living mind. What seems separate is actually as one. We all share the same spirit(god). We all live in the same body because they all have cells, atoms, neurons, and blood.

To me spirituality just means knowing that you are not a separate identity from all your brothers and sisters under god. And loving every minute you're alive to experience life.

r6r6
11-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Spirituality aka spirit-of-intent = intentions in the steering of spirit/energy/physical and more specifically steering spirit/energy in ways that is in support of humans and the ecological environment that sustains them.

..a) justice, fair play, morals all fall under guidelines of how to steer the energy for the individual self, the family and the greatest number of human family in that sequence.

..b) sacrifice of one to save many is one of those choices that is certainly a spiritual decision for the individual(s) who may be choosing to sacrifice themselves, yet likely to be controversial when some one else is making that choice of who is to be sacrificed for a greater whole...and this also relates to circumstances alter cases.

Simple right or wrong decisions are probably not as common as the complexity that arises from the myriad of possible circumstantial scenarios.

soul/biological = biological/soul

(>)(*Y*)(<) = The Cosmos

r6

Baile
11-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Spirituality aka spirit-of-intent = intentions in the steering of spirit/energy/physical and more specifically steering spirit/energy in ways that is in support of humans and the ecological environment that sustains them.And if only more people understood this, what a wonderful, mindful world it would be.

No-thing-ness
11-05-2014, 11:38 PM
DJ716, I didn't view your post as argumentative :hug2:

we are all One, we are all Life Unfolding!

here's an off tangent thought! scientists argue whether their are 11, 12 or 13 dimensions - currently on planet Earth their are at least 7 billion dimensions and all are really One(dimension)!!!

Infinity is One! And really their isn't even One!

CSEe
12-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Perhaps "Spirituality" is a baby step of awakening , awakening into exploration on own emotion ..........is awakening back to the original condition

No-thing-ness
12-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Important thing is not become tied up in labels!!! Labels trap and produce dogma!!! Just simply Be(ing).

Baile
12-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Eh, never mind.

r6r6
12-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Perhaps "Spirituality" is a baby step of awakening , awakening into exploration on own emotion ..........is awakening back to the original condition

Hi CSEe, if your refering to the human indivduals original--- read initial ---condition, we may say, that, your refering to when the single cell spermoza's genetic material began mixing with the single cell eggs genetic material.

The the creation of a new RNA-DNA zipper, so-to-speak, that shortly after inversion and gastrulation--- meso, indo, ecto ---will begin to unzipper itself as reproductive clones of itself.

I.e. Spermazoa must go IN,

Egg must INvert

Then the RNA-DNA can go back out, as multiples of itself.

On the cosmological scale, this is what gravity( womb/membrane ) does to embrace, bind/cohere and maintain a integrally finite, occupied s Universe of occupied space.

The initial/original circumstances at birth, are that we are still and organism of the mother, until we become IN-spirited with that initial breath IN-ward.

r6

CSEe
12-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Hi CSEe, if your refering to the human indivduals original--- read initial ---condition, we may say, that, your refering to when the single cell spermoza's genetic material began mixing with the single cell eggs genetic material.

The the creation of a new RNA-DNA zipper, so-to-speak, that shortly after inversion and gastrulation--- meso, indo, ecto ---will begin to unzipper itself as reproductive clones of itself.

I.e. Spermazoa must go IN,

Egg must INvert

Then the RNA-DNA can go back out, as multiples of itself.

On the cosmological scale, this is what gravity( womb/membrane ) does to embrace, bind/cohere and maintain a integrally finite, occupied s Universe of occupied space.

The initial/original circumstances at birth, are that we are still and organism of the mother, until we become IN-spirited with that initial breath IN-ward.

r6

Thats current human knowledge my friend , " baby step" in my phase is beginning , early stage ...

DJ716
12-05-2014, 05:42 PM
so many great thoughts shared here!

This is a conversation that could go on indefinitely!

r6r6
12-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Thats current human knowledge my friend , " baby step" in my phase is beginning , early stage ...

Huh? I said if your refering too and gave my scenario fo what you may have meant.

I still have no idea what your "origin comment" comment was reference too exactly.

Can you tell us what exactly "original condition" is exactly?

The combining of Sperms genetic material with eggs is as close as we can get to any "original condition" i.e. intitial circumstances of the human fetus as organism of the mother, and perhaps to later become and independant individual.

You comments appear vague to me to exactly what the message is your trying to convey to us.-- ?? --

r6

CSEe
13-05-2014, 01:56 AM
Huh? I said if your refering too and gave my scenario fo what you may have meant.

I still have no idea what your "origin comment" comment was reference too exactly.

Can you tell us what exactly "original condition" is exactly?

The combining of Sperms genetic material with eggs is as close as we can get to any "original condition" i.e. intitial circumstances of the human fetus as organism of the mother, and perhaps to later become and independant individual.

You comments appear vague to me to exactly what the message is your trying to convey to us.-- ?? --

r6

Perhaps I am just sharing my current understanding on my existence , the cause of my existence to all and hopefully you guys could debate with me and from there I will learnt more with better understanding .......
Dear r6r6r , in knowledge yes you are right about the origin of human from sperm , egg etc ..........yes that is what we all know from our human knowledge , so yes as human , in current human culture , we accept knowledge as a referral to all matters ..........but the fact is knowledge is something that we currently know , reason that fit in current common sense , is just information but existence of mankind as well as all living or non-living is beyond knowledge ..........is never something that we produce from our knowledge ............and from my exploration on my existence , I found realization of my existence and the cause of my existence and these is well fit in my current understanding of Buddhism........so in my current understanding of Buddhism , all living or non-living - human , animal , plant , micro-orgsm , rock , wood , pen , table , dust is all from a common original condition of nothingness .....we all originally nothing / nothingness so nothingness is the original condition of all regardless living or non-living ..........but the existence of a being regardless living or non-living is perhaps by pollutants and I am currently do not understand how or why it happens but to find it out is just to fulfill my desire to know .........so in human , such pollutants is emotion like fear , desire , love , greed , ego etc ...so this emotion in human knowledge known as myself ....so in short ME is the original condition of nothingness and MYSELF is the emotion that causes my existence ....and Buddhism is a natural process that will naturally separate ME from MYSELF..........thats my current understanding and I really hope many will debate with me for my own learning process .........

r6r6
13-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Dear r6r6r , in knowledge yes you are right about the origin of human from sperm , egg etc .......... is all from a common original condition of nothingness .....we all originally nothing / nothingness so nothingness is the original condition of all regardless living or non-living

I agree, that, 'It Is' all a Greatest Metaphysical-1 [COLOR="Purple"]Illusion, however, but that is not quite the same as saying what we sensorially observe/feel is a manifestation of somethingness from a true nothingness.

Occupied space ergo physical / energy--- fermions and bosons ---and quasi-physical gravity cannot be created nor destroyed-- see 1st law / principle of thermodynamics.

Our finite occupied space Universe is eternally existent. imho

I've yet to see any rational, logical or common sense that would suggest otherwise.

It Is exists eternally---- (> ) ( * Y * ) ( <)

It appears to me, that, our biological consciousness-- (**) ---borders with illusion at this junction--- ) ( ---and that juncture is very similar to that junction we find within the flow-of-time sequence.

<< past<< OUT )( IN << future <<

and the illusion aspect borders with and some aspects of gravity-- (> ---at two junctures of It Is/Cosmos.

<< OUT-going from our consciousness( ** )

<< IN-coming into our consciousness( ** )

Mass-attractive gravity appearing very illusionary to us as it is very obvious effecting us yet remains non-quantified and non-quantized.

The following is shown as a linear sequence

<< OUT ) ( * Y * ) ( IN <<

To clarify once again, there exists at least three kinds of metaphysical;

Meta{ beyond }physical-1 = mind/concepts ergo concepts of non-occupied and occupied space, not actually space,

Meta{( beyond }physical-2 = non-occupied space outside of our finite occupied space Universe, i.e. if our finite Universe expands-contracts then this is the surrounding space that allows this too happen within,

Meta{ beyond }physical-3 = quasi-physical gravity.

Complex biological/soul conscousness-- (*Y*) ---becomes the temporality juncture between OUT and IN flow-of-time.

r6

CSEe
13-05-2014, 01:44 PM
I agree, that, 'It Is' all a Greatest Metaphysical-1 Illusion, however, but that is not quite the same as saying what we sensorially observe/feel is a manifestation of somethingness from a true nothingness.

Occupied space ergo physical / energy--- fermions and bosons ---and quasi-physical gravity cannot be created nor destroyed-- see 1st law / principle of thermodynamics.

Our finite occupied space Universe is eternally existent. imho

I've yet to see any rational, logical or common sense that would suggest otherwise.

It Is exists eternally---- (> ) ( * Y * ) ( <)

It appears to me, that, our biological consciousness-- (**) ---borders with illusion at this junction--- ) ( ---and that juncture is very similar to that junction we find within the flow-of-time sequence.

<< past<< OUT )( IN << future <<

and the illusion aspect borders with and some aspects of gravity-- (> ---at two junctures of It Is/Cosmos.

<< OUT-going from our consciousness( ** )

<< IN-coming into our consciousness( ** )

Mass-attractive gravity appearing very illusionary to us as it is very obvious effecting us yet remains non-quantified and non-quantized.

The following is shown as a linear sequence

<< OUT ) ( * Y * ) ( IN <<

To clarify once again, there exists at least three kinds of metaphysical;

Meta{ beyond }physical-1 = mind/concepts ergo concepts of non-occupied and occupied space, not actually space,

Meta{( beyond }physical-2 = non-occupied space outside of our finite occupied space Universe, i.e. if our finite Universe expands-contracts then this is the surrounding space that allows this too happen within,

Meta{ beyond }physical-3 = quasi-physical gravity.

Complex biological/soul conscousness-- (*Y*) ---becomes the temporality juncture between OUT and IN flow-of-time.

r6
Dear sir , sorry in advance , could you please write in normal , simple English ? Is almost impossible for me to understand you ........
Thks
CSEe

r6r6
13-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Dear sir , sorry in advance , could you please write in normal , simple English ? Is almost impossible for me to understand you ........ThksCSEe

Start with the first word is "I", once you get that one then move on too the 2nd word "agree", so and so on, and when you get to a word you dont understand I can try and help you. All of the words are English ergo( latin ) in a dictionary.

r6

CSEe
13-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Start with the first word is "I", once you get that one then move on too the 2nd word "agree", so and so on, and when you get to a word you dont understand I can try and help you. All of the words are English ergo( latin ) in a dictionary.

r6

Dear r6r6r , perhaps you are focusing further into knowledge but as what I currently understand , spirituality is a beginning step into self realization , realization is beyond knowledge , is something you cant explained because it is not just knowledge ......perhaps you are very technical on existence of mankind base on human knowledge but perhaps natural existence of a being is something not created by human knowledge and one should explore beyond the limitation of culture or knowledge ...........
I am very-very interested to discuss with you on this topic but your terminology used , words even your style of writing is quite difficult for me to understand .....for your information I am a Chinese Malaysian and language is perhaps a problem here , so please keep it as simple as possible ..perhaps you could ask me a simple question and lets move from there ..........
Thks in advance for understanding .

r6r6
13-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Dear r6r6r}--- is all from a common original condition of nothingness .....we all originally nothing / nothingness so nothingness is the original condition of all regardless living or non-living

Sure, it is true, that, the individuals consciousness begins somewhere with the union of sperm genetics and eggs genetics i.e. before that the only consciousness was seperate and not of the indivual that becomes referred to as 'I'.

The 'I' becoming conscious of itself is a gradual process and highly dependant on recall/memory abilities in complex biologicals.

So when you say "we" you may mean our each of individual consciousness comes from nothing, because the mininal consciousness was in two sperate parts, egg and sperm.

I agree.

r6r6r{--I agree, that, 'It Is' all a Greatest Metaphysical-1 Illusion, however, but that is not quite the same as saying what we sensorially observe/feel is a manifestation of somethingness from a true nothingness.

This part is not about individual consciousness but about biological life and Universe/Cosmos in general NOT having a beginning or and ending i.e. eternally existent, and that may apply to biological life in general also. We dont know.

Complex biological/soul consciousness-- (*Y*) ---becomes the temporality juncture between OUT and IN flow-of-time.

Flow-of-time;

past << ) present ( << future,

or, seen the other way around, as the arrow-of-time;

past >>) present (>> future

(**) aka complex biological/soul consciousness is the juncture between past ) (**) ( future

CSEe
14-05-2014, 12:38 AM
Dear r6r6r, you said " Sure, it is true, that, the individuals consciousness begins somewhere with the union of sperm genetics and eggs genetics i.e. before that the only consciousness was seperate and not of the indivual that becomes referred to as 'I'.

The 'I' becoming conscious of itself is a gradual process and highly dependant on recall/memory abilities in complex biologicals.

So when you say "we" you may mean our each of individual consciousness comes from nothing, because the mininal consciousness was in two sperate parts, egg and sperm.

I agree. "

Thanks alot for understanding , yes with this style of writing , I could understand better ......again thank you .

This part is not about consciousness but about biological life and Universe/Cosmos in general NOT having a beginning or and ending i.e. eternally existent, and that may apply to biological life in general also. We dont know.

Flow-of-time;

past << [COLOR="Purple"]) present ( << future,

or, seen the other way around, as the arrow-of-time;

past >>) present (>> future

(**) aka complex biological/soul consciousness is the juncture between past ) (**) ( future[/QUOTE]" unquote

In my current understanding , to understand how mankind begins , how even consciousness begins , one could always explore on knowledge known commonly as sciences and sciences perhaps is accepted method for fulfilling our desire to know ...........you see r6r6r , that is our culture ............and with this culture , human will continue to explore and this afford will never stop as long as human still have desire to know , still have emotion for knowing and the feeling of the need to know ............and perhaps there is another means of understanding of existence of mankind ....and is realization , this is a sudden discovery of life that never resulted from any afford , never influence by any faith or knowledge but is a reflection of the own energy so call emotion ...........I could try to explain this and please let me know if you need further clarification .

In my realization of my existence as human , I realized that all living or non-living is " traveling " , "moving" by changing shape or size or form in each own process known as birth , death , decay , rotten , rusty , wear and awaken to Buddhism concept , I realized that all is moving back towards nothingness ...........so nothingness is actually the original condition of all regardless living or non-living ...and our existence is caused by pollutants perhaps is a form of energy and in human such pollutant is emotion .......this emotion was defined by human knowledge as fear , desire , love , greed , ego etc ......and this emotion is the cause of our existence and known as MYSELF .....so as long as I attached to this energy of emotion , MYself will always exist ........the body this never part of ME or MYSELF and the body is just anthing being in own process just like others .............

r6r6
14-05-2014, 01:26 AM
CSEe}---Thanks alot for understanding , yes with this style of writing , I could understand better ......again thank you .

Sure thing. I misopke before and corrected below in BOLD typeface "individual".

This part is not about the individual consciousness but about biological life and Universe/Cosmos in general NOT having a beginning or and ending i.e. eternally existent, and that may apply to biological life in general also. We dont know.

(**) aka complex biological/soul consciousness is the juncture between past ) (**) ( future[/QUOTE]" unquote

[CSe}--COLOR="Blue"] , I realized that all is moving back towards nothingness ...........

Again, by "nohtingness" if yo mean the lack of the individuals consciousness, then I agree. The 1st law of conservtion states energy( physical ) cannot be created nor destroyed so there is still somethingness, jsut not the "I" for that individual consciousness.

(><) = gravity

)( = illusion of NOW between << past )and( future <<

(**) = biological/soul

Y = convergent-divergent electro-magnetic charge
..aka spirit-2 i.e. fermions and bosons...

CSEe
14-05-2014, 01:48 AM
Dear r6r6r , perhaps by realizing your emotion , realizing the nature of your existence , perhaps you will have less emotion for knowing , less desire to find out and less the need to know as you will realized that is all because of your desire .........and your desire will be endless and you will always be endless journey of exploring knowledge to fulfill your desire .........as one awaken into this realization of emotion , the desire will decrease and the journey will be less confusing , less suffering , one will be progressed into a condition of less emotion , less desire , less love , less fear etc and such condition can bee closely described as "joy or freedom or happy".............one will know without a process of knowing , one will accept without a desire to explore , one will aware without any afford of discovering ........such condition is a reflection of a condition best known as realization ..........and your had your answer without having to question ......

r6r6
14-05-2014, 02:11 AM
such condition is a reflection of a condition best known as realization ..........and your had your answer without having to question ......

real as in reality as in real estate as in royal estate, i.e. the real estate came from the King who own all estate and gave you real estate part of his royal estate.

realization is the the connection between mind/intellect and our environmental circumstances. imho

To make real is to manifest/application--- i.e. to apply that realization in some physical manner.

Feelings = sensorial based nervous system connections and lead to the mind/intellect concept of "I"/ego. imho

The realization is that the I/ego has and affect on our environmental circumstances i.e. were realize that were all connected, minimally by gravity and then in other ways that are more significantly relevant to our everyday living.

Tone of voice, EMradiational charge etc...

Mind/intellect---(> ) (*Y*) ( <)----mind/intellect

)( = Illusion
..spirit-1-of-intention i.e. spirit appllication of our spirit-2....

We import/harvest IN and export/plant OUT-ward our spirit-2 via the our spirit-1-of-intent.

r6

CSEe
14-05-2014, 03:42 AM
Dear r6r6r , you said " realization is the the connection between mind/intellect and our environmental circumstances. imho

To make real is to manifest/application--- i.e. to apply that realization in some physical manner." un-quote

In my current understanding , realization is connection of mind with any materials but rather a reflection of the mind perhaps with a factor that pushes beyond limits into realization ..........and once in realization state or perhaps in Buddhism as I currently understood as being awake , one will had the answer without desire to question .........and one will realized beyond physical manner .........so one will stop creating emotion to further " develop" but rather continue into a journey condition of acceptance without creating further emotion .

r6r6
14-05-2014, 11:43 AM
.so one will stop creating emotion to further " develop" but rather continue into a journey condition of acceptance without creating further emotion .

I have no desire to stop feeling of emotions, only to moderate them.

We can never reach perfect equilibrium.

There exists no perfect spheres nor perfect circles, excetp as concepts of mind/intellegence. imho.

No emotion is straight line death or at least very long wave death__________

Living is higher frequency existence ergo we go with the flow-of-emotions highs and lows in a wave-linear fashion~~~~~~~~~~~~~ or VVVVVVVV or mmmmmmm etc...VvVvVvVv

Halo of perfection is the hello and good morning to you dude, or leave me alone as I'm in bad mood today etc...highs and lows and all that is inbetween moderation. imho

r6

CSEe
14-05-2014, 12:36 PM
I have no desire to stop feeling of emotions, only to moderate them.

We can never reach perfect equilibrium.

Sorry in advance , perhaps " no desire to stop" is same as "desire to stop " or " to moderate "......still there is emotion to do something and in my current understanding of Buddhism , this is creation of emotion .......

There exists no perfect spheres nor perfect circles, excetp as concepts of mind/intellegence. imho.

Perhaps in realization , there is no more " prefect" or " defect" as all is the condition by itself without comparison , in awaken to realization , one will progress beyond comparison ........

No emotion is straight line death or at least very long wave death__________

Living is higher frequency existence ergo we go with the flow-of-emotions highs and lows in a wave-linear fashion~~~~~~~~~~~~~ or VVVVVVVV or mmmmmmm etc...VvVvVvVv

Halo of perfection is the hello and good morning to you dude, or leave me alone as I'm in bad mood today etc...highs and lows and all that is inbetween moderation. imho

r6

Corrent me if I mis-understand you . In my current understanding based on my realization on Buddhism , all emotion regardless " high" or "low" , anger or love , greed or kindness , desire , fear is all same ........emotion is perhaps the polluted energy that causes existence of mankind and because of human culture where knowledge is used as the basis of judge , we now know "high" verses Low , good verses bad , right verses wrong .......in Buddhism all is same perhaps awaken with realization , one will realized all is same .

Seawolf
14-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Religion to me is our beliefs regarding the nature of the universe. Some believe in God, some follow Buddhist religion, some are New Age religion-there are many different religious beliefs that a person can have which is usually determined by the part of the world we live in. They all give a sense of purpose or meaning to the universe, which includes humanity of course and therefore ourselves on a personal level.

r6r6
14-05-2014, 09:10 PM
all emotion regardless " high" or "low" , anger or love , greed or kindness , desire , fear is all same ........emotion is perhaps the polluted energy that causes existence of mankind and because of human culture where knowledge is used as the basis of judge , .

Cse, everything in moderation, including emotion. A little high and a little low never hurt nobody.

r6

CSEe
14-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Cse, everything in moderation, including emotion. A little high and a little low never hurt nobody.

r6

Regardless "high" or "low" it would be a learning lesson for all to discover own emotion and for our own self realization process ...all emotion that reflects on action or re-action will cause joy or suffering as what we currently know it as happy , satisfaction or regrets ....all our action or re-action will teach us and will be a factor that change us ..........so a little high or a little low will always be part of our discovery process .........in my current understanding of Buddhism ,no one and nothing could hurt our self except our emotion that causes joy or suffering to us .......

DJ716
21-05-2014, 11:53 AM
I saw a comment today on line and posted it in another thread but I think it applies to this thread very well.
Religion is belief in someone else's experience. Spirituality is having your own experience.

Touched
21-05-2014, 01:24 PM
I saw a comment today on line and posted it in another thread but I think it applies to this thread very well.
Religion is belief in someone else's experience. Spirituality is having your own experience.
Agreed.

As I recently said in another thread, a major evolution from 'Old Age' religion and 'New Age' spirituality is that in religion we look outside of ourselves for the answers, but in spirituality we look inside ourselves. This agrees with your statement very well.

The instruction to 'Look inside yourself' actually comes from certain elements of Buddhism and Hinduism, but even in those traditions there are very strictly prescribed methods and goals. Today we call them 'Guided meditations' because their is a structure around the 'looking within'. There are even methods that demand we simply ignore anything that comes up to achieve a 'deeper' concentration. That is good mental discipline, but doesn't do much else for learning about ourselves.

According to the dictionary, 'Spirit' is 'The fundamental essence of something'. This works for me, and IMO is just what we are 'looking at' when we 'look within' - and so much more.

Seawolf
21-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Agreed.

As I recently said in another thread, a major evolution from 'Old Age' religion and 'New Age' spirituality is that in religion we look outside of ourselves for the answers, but in spirituality we look inside ourselves. This agrees with your statement very well.

The instruction to 'Look inside yourself' actually comes from certain elements of Buddhism and Hinduism, but even in those traditions there are very strictly prescribed methods and goals. Today we call them 'Guided meditations' because their is a structure around the 'looking within'. There are even methods that demand we simply ignore anything that comes up to achieve a 'deeper' concentration. That is good mental discipline, but doesn't do much else for learning about ourselves.

According to the dictionary, 'Spirit' is 'The fundamental essence of something'. This works for me, and IMO is just what we are 'looking at' when we 'look within' - and so much more.

About looking inside yourself.. In Christianity the inward experience is foundational. The Spirit of Christ or called Holy Spirit within is the guide and is a very personal experience of God and his love in the believer's heart. It's extremely spiritual for those in the Christian faith.

It's so personal and real, that some Christians say the same thing, that 'you' are the one that has just a religion, and don't know the wonderful personal experience of the real essence within that they do. They're thinking the same thing! :icon_eek:

DJ716
21-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Awesome!! you both have arrived at a place that I was hoping we would get to in this thread. Seawolf! Yes, absolutely... my early years I was very devoted to my own Christianity. I had very significant internal understanding of the doctrine I was taught... and to this day, none of those understandings have fallen away from me.

In no way would I ever discount Christian Spirituality or write it off completely as mere religious doctrine.

But I think we can widen the scope here a bit when we talk about the meaning of 'spirituality'. What about that which inspires a person?

I am not limiting this to concepts about God, holy spirit, or the like... but we all experience what we call 'inspiration'... sometimes it is simply manifested in the meager motivation to get out of bed and handle the tasks we have for ourselves each day... doing our laundry, cleaning our homes, etc... or deciding to go for a career move, loose 20 lbs, train and run a marathon, or any sort achievement. What is it that inspires? isn't this too, our own 'spirituality'?

And with these thoughts in mind we come to the concepts that I am sure many of us have heard... that it is not the goal, but the journey that is the prize. That having an objective and sustaining the inspiration to work toward it is its own reward... the achievement of the goal is just a step in the process.

These are all ideas that are commonly lumped into 'psychology'... the concept of motivation or lack thereof, organization of one's life into goal orientation, etc... but I argue that these too are very much our spirituality, they too are our own internal experience

I think far too often there is a distinction (at least in the literature published these days) between spirituality and 'self-help'. I don't see these so distinctly separate.

Seawolf
22-05-2014, 04:37 PM
But I think we can widen the scope here a bit when we talk about the meaning of 'spirituality'. What about that which inspires a person?

I agree, I think spirituality is hard to define because it's not just one thing. Some people view liberalism or green politics as spiritual.

I think you have a really good point. Spiritual is something that inspires, self help is not that different, and what about inspiration to do community service or social work? Being inspired to create wonderful works of art seems pretty spiritual to me as well.

Stillness_Speaks
22-05-2014, 06:07 PM
What is it that inspires? isn't this too, our own 'spirituality'?
Perhaps even more spiritual. What many of us do is to sit with a stiff body and try to concentrate ourselves to heaven. Inspiration = In Spirit :smile:

Meditatorr
22-05-2014, 06:47 PM
spirituality to mean for me happiness which is from self-esteem.

DJ716
22-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Yeah, and when you consider these thoughts, it becomes very difficult to draw a line between Spiritual and Secular. Personally I believe there is no distinction between these.

Touched
25-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Spirituality is simple to define. It's in the dictionary.

'Spirit' means simply 'The essence of something'. This is where spirituality and religion cross. As I have said many times on this subject, spirituality can be a part of religion and religion can be a part of spirituality, but they are not the same thing, by definition.

Religion is a set of beliefs.

Spirituality is an experience of essence.

Touched
25-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Yeah, and when you consider these thoughts, it becomes very difficult to draw a line between Spiritual and Secular. Personally I believe there is no distinction between these.
Spiritual and secular are two opposite ways of looking at the same thing.

Secular morality works when it is built on mutual respect. Spiritual morality works when it is built on mutual reverence. When they work they both point to the same place, even though they get there through different perceptions.

r6r6
25-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Perhaps even more spiritual. What many of us do is to sit with a stiff body and try to concentrate ourselves to heaven. Inspiration = In Spirit :smile:

Expire = to exhale from lungs

Inspire = to inhale into lungs ergo bloodstream oxygen.

Spire = cone shape or pyramid shape. The tetra(4)hedron is the triangular based 'pyramid' and the minimal 3D polyhedron of Universe.
..<> or <|> texticon for graviton minimal quanta of Universe aka two tetra(4)hedra sharing a face...

Spiral = pattern

spiral vortex = spiral and conic shape pattern combined

INspirited is our first breath IN to become the independent individual.

r6

DJ716
25-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Expire = to exhale from lungs

Inspire = to inhale into lungs ergo bloodstream oxygen.

Spire = cone shape or pyramid shape. The tetra(4)hedron is the triangular based 'pyramid' and the minimal 3D polyhedron of Universe.
..<> or <|> texticon for graviton minimal quanta of Universe aka two tetra(4)hedra sharing a face...

Spiral = pattern

spiral vortex = spiral and conic shape pattern combined

INspirited is our first breath IN to become the independent individual.

r6

...and the word 'Fool' comes from the Latin word follis, meaning "a bag or sack, a large inflated ball, a pair of bellows."

It has been said that we are ever fooled by spirit.

The Native American traditions refer to spirit in many ways, one of which is as the 'trickster'.

I disagree that spirituality is easy to define. I think that the very nature of spirit is that it is ever elusive and always just outside our mental grasp.

Touched
25-05-2014, 03:01 PM
...and the word 'Fool' comes from the Latin word follis, meaning "a bag or sack, a large inflated ball, a pair of bellows."

It has been said that we are ever fooled by spirit.

The Native American traditions refer to spirit in many ways, one of which is as the 'trickster'.

I disagree that spirituality is easy to define. I think that the very nature of spirit is that it is ever elusive and always just outside our mental grasp.
I think we are confusing two different things.

'Spirit' the word is an arbitrary verbal symbol used to conceptualize in thought and communication. IMO, this is what dictionaries are for, e.g. 'the essence of something'.

Actual spirit - that is, not the concept I have in my head, but an actual spirit, is dynamic, infinitely open ended, etc etc. This is where the challenge of 'realizing oneself in consciousness' comes from, or, as you put it, the 'ever elusive' quality of spirit - which can be highly individual, depending on the level of perspective.

To say your spirit is 'the essence of you' would be simplistic reductionist redundancy. Though accurate in an academic sense, it really says nothing about you.

Conceptualizing is a very handy tool for mental manipulation, but be assured I am always trying to keep straight just what I am thinking about, and what I am thinking with.

r6r6
25-05-2014, 03:38 PM
DJ716}--- "a bag or sack,..

Quasi-physical( ultra-micro ) gravity = fabric of spacetime ergo a membrane, a network, a web, that embraces all aspects of physical/energy Universe.

Ergo a womb-like "sack" that embraces all and via INversion-- think INspirited --may pop out stars or other celestial phenomena.

Spirit-3( ess-ence/gravity ) imho

<> or <|> is my texticonic represenatation of a graviton via two teta(4)hedra cojonined/bonded at one face plane and can also be viewed as to cones sharing a base.

Spire = cone aka envisoned as a triangular based tetra(4)hedron.

Exspire = to exhale

INspire = to inhale. imho

Respiratory = to breath

The egg INverts upon itself-- gastrulation --to begin the process of reproduction.

The black hole is maximal INversion of gravitational spacetime.

There is at least one lab experiement where a lady produce more complex molecules from less complex molecules via compressive forces.

r6

DJ716
05-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Conceptualizing is a very handy tool for mental manipulation, but be assured I am always trying to keep straight just what I am thinking about, and what I am thinking with.

absolutely!! one requires agreed upon terms in order to work with conceptual material.

I was pushing the envelope a bit with regard to some sort of encompassing definition.

I DO believe though, that the tendency to accept commonly understood definition results in limitation of understanding. I think that there has to be a tolerance of the inability for such a word/concept to be defined when we concede to dictionary definitions... just to keep perspective.

No-thing-ness
05-06-2014, 12:00 PM
the ego loves playing around with concepts!
and so does mine :smile:

I know nothing and I am not worried! No longer do I mentally masturbate over such things as what is spirituality!

because........

their is no such thing as spirituality!

but we create yet another label, and wow see all the offshoots spread everywhere like an out of control virus!!! and yes, it is contagious!!!

relax into the flow and re-discover who you truly are and drop all this questioning.........

religion is another path to nowhere :wink: unless you like other peoples stories!!!

just be!!!

r6r6
05-06-2014, 02:25 PM
People at forums are "just" being human.

There is a reason a dictionary exists, to help aid in some common agreements of what our words/labels/indentifiers mean.

For with out some level of agreement, then communication falls short of all that it can "be".

For those who do not want to communicate with words/lablels/identifiers, then maybe writing words or orally speaking words is something they should avoid.

Words/labels/identifiers are tools, that are resultants of metaphysical-1 mind/intellect. For those who do not wish to participate in mind/intellect and the resultant concepts, they perphaps should not hang out with humans but only with less complex animals.

r6

I know nothing and I am not worried! No longer do I mentally masturbate over such things as what is spirituality!
their is no such thing as spirituality!
but we create yet another label,
just be!!!

Baile
05-06-2014, 02:44 PM
For those who do not wish to participate in mind/intellect and the resultant concepts, they perphaps should not hang out with humans but only with less complex animals.Hi r6. I don't understand why you would say that. Nothingness was simply answering the thread topic question. The path he described is as relevant as any other. I'd even say more relevant in same ways given it's a path of action rather than thinking. The experience transcends the book knowledge.

Touched
05-06-2014, 03:05 PM
...I DO believe though, that the tendency to accept commonly understood definition results in limitation of understanding. I think that there has to be a tolerance of the inability for such a word/concept to be defined when we concede to dictionary definitions... just to keep perspective.
Definitions are always changing - but that is a reflection of changing understandings. Anything else is an arbitrary opinion - not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's not definitive.

Touched
05-06-2014, 03:27 PM
The experience transcends the book knowledge.
True, but it often takes knowledge to transcend fear.

Both experience and knowledge have their use, and their misuse.

Baile
05-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Both experience and knowledge have their use, and their misuse.Context: I was responding to r6 who made a point of describing the intellectual approach as human, and the experiential approach as less than human. I wasn't interested at that point in soft-selling my perspective regarding both approaches.

Touched
05-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Context: I was responding to r6 who made a point of describing the intellectual approach as human, and the experiential approach as less than human. I wasn't interested at that point in soft-selling my perspective regarding both approaches.
My apologies.

Baile
05-06-2014, 03:59 PM
My apologies.Nothing to apologize for. If people want to use hammers and nails to construct arguments, I'll bring my tools and start pounding away as well. But when I'm working like that, I have no time for idle chit-chat.

r6r6
05-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Hi r6. I don't understand why you would say that. Nothingness was simply answering the thread topic question. The path he described is as relevant as any other. I'd even say more relevant in same ways given it's a path of action rather than thinking. The experience transcends the book knowledge.

If you dont understand why I stated what I did, in reply to NT's comments, then I'm not sure anything I say to try and elaborate upon my statements will help you to understand any better.

Ex after pretty much dissmissing the use of words-- see his{?} "labels" ---to communicate concepts, of "spirituality" or definitions of "spirituality" plus other dissmissive comments, he ended with "just be".

People can take his dissmisive comments, that end with "just be" and arrive at differrent conclusions or peceptions of his dismissive attitude.

My conclusion of his "just be" that, even tho he used words/lablel/identifiers he was dissmisive of humans here at SF to attempt definitions of at least one specific word "spirituality" if not all words/labels/identifiers in general.

So his "just be" means to me, in a round-about-way, dont conceptualize and dont use words/labels/identifiers etc...

Well, duhh,

1) he used concepts and words to tell us his dissmissive thougths, ergo,

2) he was not following his own advice to "just be".

However, if "just be" means that it is fine to conceptualize, define words and discuss definitions of words--- in addition to his specific "spirituality" ---then his comments previous to "just be" are in contradiction to his ending "just be".

I'm not get into a long back-n-forth with you in these regards Baile. I think my previous reply to him and now this one cover what is fairly obvious that his spirit-of-intent was dissmisive and dissmisive specically and inferred in a generalized way.

I believe their are those who believe in living in silence-- for the most part as possible{ ex some zen monk types } ---and those who have gone even further as hermits.

To me "just be", following his other dissmisive comments infer a direction towards these latter couple of options. imho.

I also believe that all humans feel that they do know something.

Again, people on forums are "just" being humans who choose to use their mind/intellect to refine their ideas and definitions of our experiences.

As Paul McCartney once sang...'whats wrong with that, I need to know, cause here I go, aggaaiinnn..........:wink:

r6

r6r6
05-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Context: I was responding to r6 who made a point of describing the intellectual approach as human, and the experiential approach as less than human.

Baile, if that is what you read, then my apologies for not being clear enough.

Tho I think it is more of you mistinterpreting my comments or misreprsenting my comments as stated.

No where do I recall my stating that humans to not have any "experiential" events. That would be nuts to suggest any such concept.

Humans have more complex humans, have more access to complex metaphysical-1 mind/intellect, as well as sensorial experience.

Less complex animals have less and less acces to the complex metaphysical-1 mind/intellect aspect of biological life.

If you actually find a statement by that actually suggests what you claim or assessed above, please post that as quote of my comments.

Thx, R6

No-thing-ness
06-06-2014, 04:26 PM
People at forums are "just" being human.

There is a reason a dictionary exists, to help aid in some common agreements of what our words/labels/indentifiers mean.

For with out some level of agreement, then communication falls short of all that it can "be".

For those who do not want to communicate with words/lablels/identifiers, then maybe writing words or orally speaking words is something they should avoid.

Words/labels/identifiers are tools, that are resultants of metaphysical-1 mind/intellect. For those who do not wish to participate in mind/intellect and the resultant concepts, they perphaps should not hang out with humans but only with less complex animals.

r6

but r6 their are in fact no such things as humans................its just another label. a tree is not a tree - only to a human - who is not even a human!!!

Baile
06-06-2014, 04:32 PM
their are in fact no such things as humans................its just another label. a tree is not a tree - only to a human - who is not even a human!!!That to me is taking Nothingness conscious to an extreme place it doesn't need to go. It's nihilism. We could argue back and forth all day, but there's one reality you can't escape: you are a human being, living in a physical body. That's as valid an understanding, as knowing that we are spiritual beings, and that spirit is our true state. It's no more complicated than that.

Baile
06-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Again, people on forums are "just" being humans who choose to use their mind/intellect to refine their ideas and definitions of our experiences.

As Paul McCartney once sang...'whats wrong with that, I need to know, cause here I go, aggaaiinnn..........:wink:Okay, got it, thanks for the explanation r6. That makes perfect sense and I agree completely.

No-thing-ness
06-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Baile! But when we leave the physical arena we are no longer a human being - it is a temporary experience.

A dog does not know itself as a dog, because it isn't! Its a helpful label we use to help us (not) humans!!! Whilst we still use language we need these labels to assist us, I'm not condemning anything but merely pointing out that a human is not really a human - a dog is not really a dog and a tree is not really a tree! Its a case of yes it is and no it isn't!

I Am Consciousness renting a temporary physical vehicle. I Am - not human, but for the sake of my current journey/role I appear to be a human!

When we transition all labels will vanish as they do not belong anywhere but this world stage!

Baile
06-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Baile! But when we leave the physical arena we are no longer a human being - it is a temporary experience.Yes, and that's what I said: we are spirit beings, having a physical experience. And part of that physical experience includes being a human being. We are not human beings by nature, we are spirit beings by nature. I have no problems with that understanding. I suppose where you are I differ is in our belief regarding how relevant and important our human experiences are. I say they're an important aspect of our spirit evolution. Being human and having soul experiences is the way we evolve as spirit beings.

No-thing-ness
06-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Baile - Being human and having soul experiences is the way we evolve as spirit beings.

Surely we are a soul having a physical(human)experience!!!

Yes it is an important aspect of our journey but only a minute aspect!!!

Baile
06-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Surely we are a soul having a physical(human)experience!!!
Yes it is an important aspect of our journey but only a minute aspect!!Again yes that is what I said:Yes, and that's what I said: we are spirit beings, having a physical experience.The question of how minute it all is, is a good one. My understanding is we as souls require physical incarnation in order to evolve, in order to move on to the next plane of existence. That it makes a big aspect, not necessarily minute.

r6r6
06-06-2014, 10:00 PM
I Am Consciousness renting a temporary physical vehicle. I Am - not human, but for the sake of my current journey/role I appear to be a human! When we transition all labels will vanish as they do not belong anywhere but this world stage!

NR, I know what your saying, I just degree with your approach you used in the original post I replied too.

THat said, and based your above to Baile, also remmber that you not only a "consciousnes" but you are NT. I put this in another ways using myself as and example for what I mean.

I am consciousness.

I am r6.

I am R6

I am Rsix

I am rsix

I am human

I am closer to be older than I am to being younger.

I am walking talking conceptualizing set of emotions/feelings with subsequentialy associated ego/I

I am dynamically changing biological with a changing metaphysical pattern complementing that biology entity.

I am human, whom is just being human, when I use written, or verbal language to communicat concepts, that I, and hopefully many of us can agree upon, to some degree, or at least enough that, we have some degee of empathy and concern for our experiences, that, may be relevant to one or another set of humans, if not also other biologicals also.

r6

No-thing-ness
07-06-2014, 01:24 PM
You are indeed what is termed consciousness. The rest are all meaningless labels which entertain the egoic mind.

You are none of the things you listed.
thnot human
not closer to being older

you are not any of these things - the mind tricks you into beLIEving this!!!

you are consciousness - that Is All.

the rest are temporary add ons.

r6r6
07-06-2014, 03:15 PM
No-thing-ness}---You are indeed what is termed consciousness. The rest are all meaningless labels which entertain the egoic mind.

I, r6, am a 'specific'consciousness'( r6) that is associated with the metaphysical more generalized concept of consciousness. Sorry I didnt clarify more the first time around.

You are none of the things you listed.

You also say that we are not humans. Well that is obviously not true, and what you want to do is to exclude one half of ISness.

you are not any of these things - the mind tricks you into beLIEving this!!!

Access to miind/intellect ergo concepts, are a resultant of my consciousness whcih is resultant of nervous system aka sensorial awareness.

you are consciousness - that Is All.

I disagree and when we die, our 'specific consciousness' as well as ego/I cease to exist. But the bacterial spirits within us may live on for some time and the bone spirit of calcium may be around the loingest time after we pass.

the rest are temporary add ons.

Our 'specific consciousness' is temporary, as are the others I gave in my list. At least you indirectly or unintentionally acknowledge they exist, by at least saying temporary, where most of you comments do not allow for them at all.

I am r6, even if temporarily so. We are human even if if temporarily so.

You have acknowledged that, even if unintentionally so. Perhaps it is your intuitive aspect of subconscious not allowing you to get away with denying facts/truth. :smile:

r6

pdhuri
07-06-2014, 03:41 PM
spirit is tree of knowledge and spirituality is tree of life. For me spirituality is enlightenment, nirvana, living the life fullest, happiest, with love in whatever condition and circumstances you put in. You may see pain around, chaos around, sadness around you, happiness around you but with only equanimity with mind, body and soul you attain a spirituality. spirituality is art of living, spirit is art of acquiring knowledge and fulfilling you goals or dreams.

r6r6
07-06-2014, 04:17 PM
pdhuri}---spirit is tree of knowledge

Knowledge asmeetaphysical-1 mind/intellect ergo concepts, abstractions etc....

and spirituality is tree of life.

Complex woman( xX and less complex man-Xy ) >

..less complex biologicals/souls( ex cetaceans and apes ) >

......least complex nervous system biological( worm or nematodes ) >

.......fungus( prehaps genetically closet to humans ) >

.......algae, Eukaryotes, prokyrotes >

.........single cell( RNA and DNA in same cell ) >

...........virus( RNA or DNA, not both in same virus[ see also icosahedral protein shell ) >

For me spirituality is enlightenment,

Mind/intellect

nirvana, living the life fullest, happiest,

Conscious feelings associated with mind/intellect with love in whatever condition and circumstances you put in.

.... spirituality is art of living, spirit is art of acquiring knowledge and fulfilling you goals or dreams.

spirit-of-intent and spiritual practice ergo personal religion. imho

r6

r6r6
07-06-2014, 04:18 PM
pdhuri}---spirit is tree of knowledge

Knowledge as metaphysical-1 mind/intellect ergo concepts, abstractions etc....

and spirituality is tree of life.

Complex woman( xX and less complex man-Xy ) >

..less complex biologicals/souls( ex cetaceans and apes ) >

......least complex nervous system biological( worm or nematodes ) >

.......fungus( prehaps genetically closet to humans ) >

.......algae, Eukaryotes, prokyrotes >

.........single cell( RNA and DNA in same cell ) >

...........virus( RNA or DNA, not both in same virus[ see also icosahedral protein shell ) >

For me spirituality is enlightenment,

Mind/intellect

nirvana, living the life fullest, happiest,

Conscious feelings associated with mind/intellect with love in whatever condition and circumstances you put in.

.... spirituality is art of living, spirit is art of acquiring knowledge and fulfilling you goals or dreams.

spirit-of-intent and spiritual practice ergo personal religion. imho

r6

No-thing-ness
08-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Enlightenment is nothing/no-thing 'mystical' - it is the mind functioning without the conditioning we've been subjected to. It is Consciousness experiencing Life as It Is - minus all the ** and labels.

These are just a few more more of my thoughts........

We are all conditioned slaves serving the System! Even those who claim to be aware!!!

Here's another random thought:-

Who controls the controllers???

r6r6
08-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Enlightenment is nothing/no-thing 'mystical' - it is the mind functioning without the conditioning we've been subjected to. It is Consciousness experiencing Life as It Is - minus all the ** and labels.

Labels are words ergo concept idendtifiers and consciousness is just a another word/label/indentifier just like all the ones you speak of in degrading disrespectful manner.

Yes enlightment also has to do with mind intellect also. Nobody here suggesting otherwise.

All words/labels/identifiers are representations of our qualitative experiences as humans.

Mind/intellect and any concepts thereof, is a direct and indirect resultant of those qualitative experiences we call consciousness.

Animals with less access to complex mind/intellect also have many of the same experiences, but not same of complex interrelationships with those experiences as humans do.

Less complex animals also use communictions techiques that very mild versions of language and concepts of mind/intellect.

Each of is temporay as physical entity and temporarily identified with various indentifying labels/words etc...as already stated. We can change those indentifiers just as we can change our hair cut, but those with memory may recall and verbalize those previous identifiers,

just our RNA-DNA memory may reinact those body parts we cut off.

r6

No-thing-ness
09-06-2014, 01:39 AM
r6 - your seeing things which are not there!

I do not speak in a degrading disrespectful manner - that is what you have created in your own mental arena. I am writing words in a forum post, you are adding ingredients which I have not added to the mix!!!

You are responsible for what you think - not me. Attachment to thought - we all fall for it!!!

No-thing-ness
09-06-2014, 01:44 AM
animals actaully live in the Now.

we can only dream of it!!!

what goes on in the consciousness that occupies a dog is something we can only hazard a guess at. But I'll tell you this, our four legged friend lives effortlessly in the Now.

and does so naturally without any effort!

Man isn't such a big deal !!! He may like to think he is!!! But thats only in his head! He's more clueless than a blade of grass!!!

r6r6
09-06-2014, 02:15 AM
The rest are all meaningless labels which entertain the egoic mind.

The above is disrepsectful to pretty much the whole Universe, except your use of the word "consciousness".

Please reassess all of your comments as stated as your approach is demeaning of what others not only value but for most apart in common agreement with.

Ex we are human and you say we are not.

r6

r6 - your seeing things which are not there!
I do not speak in a degrading disrespectful manner - that is what you have created in your own mental arena. I am writing words in a forum post, you are adding ingredients which I have not added to the mix!!!
You are responsible for what you think - not me. Attachment to thought - we all fall for it!!!

No-thing-ness
09-06-2014, 03:32 PM
r6 - I shall speak as I feel free to. It is you and others like you who are the problem because it is YOU who sees what isn't there - you cannot see what is inside my mind.

It is all paradoxical. Yes we use labels and concepts because it how we communicate, but these labels are only significant for the duration of our temporary roles on planet Earth. After we have transitioned they lose their significance - why? Because we are NOT HUMAN. We use the label human for now, but we are not human. It is a case of we are and we are not. Paradoxical.

Dogs are not dogs - they are only to humans, and we humans are not humans to dogs! We are all Consciousness experiencing the physical domain in an infinite array of temporary physical vehicles.

I am in awe of Life, all Life. Including the common house fly! This temporary experience is a beautiful Mystery Tour. Each second is a new day - and its not!

I have got to the stage were I am able to use a label or concept but know it is truly meaningless because when you get hung up on belief systems etc you lose your authenticity.

Just be and drop all beliefs, or use them as throw away commodities. Our beliefs are no more than second hand objects!!!

Baile
09-06-2014, 04:15 PM
It is all paradoxical. Yes we use labels and concepts because it how we communicate, but these labels are only significant for the duration of our temporary roles on planet Earth. After we have transitioned they lose their significance - why? Because we are NOT HUMAN. We use the label human for now, but we are not human. It is a case of we are and we are not. Paradoxical.The divine paradox is that nothing is, and everything is.
This physical universe is not, still it is.
You have a good grasp of one aspect of the paradox, and I would suggest you need to work a bit on grasping the other aspect.

Beware of half-truths. Transmutation, not denial, is the weapon of the master. ~ The Kybalion

No-thing-ness
09-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Baile, I grasp more than you realise - its my mischevious side which likes to stir the pot! What others think/say is nothing to do with me as I am not operating inside their mind's. They alone are responsible for how they feel whether it be

offended
upset
agreeing
puzzled

Yet they want to blame me for how they react! How they react/respond is their own responsibilty - not mine!

People need to look within and see what the heck is going on within their own mental arena.

Such individuals who cry - hate speech and religious intolerance are the ones deeply immersed in their own egoic battlefield. We all have our own various battles to deal with, but please stop blaming others for your own troubles!

I know nothing and I am happy to know nothing
I am nobody and I am happy to be a no-body.

These written words carry no power or authority - it is the reader who has the power!

Some folk need to realise this!!!

r6r6
09-06-2014, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE]r6 - I shall speak as I feel free to. It is you and others like you who are the problem because it is YOU who sees what isn't there - you cannot see what is inside my mind.

You speak your mind via you words, sentences etc...

Because we are NOT HUMAN.

Or so you believe, just as all humans have beliefs indeed, yet you keep saying "just be and drop" beliefs.

This is just another way you be disrespectful of others. You do not practice what you preach and you do come off as preachy. imho

Just be and drop all beliefs, or use them as throw away commodities. Our beliefs are no more than second hand objects!!!

I'm sorry, NT, I cant do this disscussion with you anymore as it is going nowhere constructive.

R6

Baile
09-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Baile, I grasp more than you realise - its my mischevious side which likes to stir the pot!

I know nothing and I am happy to know nothing
I am nobody and I am happy to be a no-body.

These written words carry no power or authority - it is the reader who has the power!Ha-ha! very true. Okay, I see that, thanks Nothingness.

Damian
12-06-2014, 04:04 AM
I would like to hear from any of you out there how do you define "Spirit" or what does "Spirituality" mean to you?

Spirit is everything and nothing. Spirituality is doing everything and nothing.

I hope that helps.

Eudaimonist
12-06-2014, 05:17 AM
For me spirituality is enlightenment, nirvana, living the life fullest, happiest, with love in whatever condition and circumstances you put in. You may see pain around, chaos around, sadness around you, happiness around you but with only equanimity with mind, body and soul you attain a spirituality. spirituality is art of living, spirit is art of acquiring knowledge and fulfilling you goals or dreams.

That is well put.

eudaimonia,

Mark

No-thing-ness
19-06-2014, 10:22 AM
enlightenment is the mind free of all its conditioning and functioning naturally unhindered by the malware we have been subjected to.

spirituality is yet another program for folk to become lost in, its what the conditioned mind feeds upon! the conditioned mind is a battlefield.

enJoy the ride though and drop the malware program called seriousness!!!

Tavah
19-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Spiritual...hmm...I like questions, they make me think:)

Everyone one has a spirit and can be tuned to the spiritual....but some are only interested in what they can see, hear, feel, etc.

Oh, I crave the spiritual.....I am reading, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne....if you crave the spiritual....get this book:)

No-thing-ness
19-06-2014, 09:11 PM
what is real?

the waking state or the dream state?

sometimes the dream state appears more real than the waking state.

what is spirituality?
yet another label for the ego to devour and distract.

who are YOU?
what are YOU?

Awareness, that is what you are.

All else is just playing with concepts!

in the final analysis their is only What Is.

and what is What Is.

a merry go round!