PDA

View Full Version : the road to YOU

debbie.b
23-11-2010, 10:28 AM
this isn't a poem as such but i didn't know where else to put it :smile:

at some point in your life you may find yourself heading down a road unfamiliar to you & you realise that you have become 'lost'. all you see is darkness, infront of you & behind you but i urge you my friend....

never turn back & retrace your steps as you will only find yourself at the beginning of the unfamiliar road yet again with a sign waiting for you saying 'NO EXIT' & that road will seem an awful lot longer & darker the second time around......

move on, walk forward into the darkness & no matter how tired, scared, lonely or confused you might get you will find the courage & strength to go on. finally, you will come to a fork in the road & you will recognise instantly that one of the routes offered to you is an old, familiar, well trodden route that you have gone down many times before & you will be drawn to that route.........

but my friend, i beg you, refrain from what you know, take a chance & take the other route, which has no visible footprints but looks old & overgrown as if it's been there for an eternity. for that route is the road to your future, it's been waiting for you since time began. that road is your destiny. travelling down that road you will discover new & exciting things that you have never before encountered, it will open your eyes & fill you with wonder & awe of all that is.
so my friend, i conclude by saying.......

never look back, never think you can rectify something that has already passed, move forward, move on & move into YOU.......