PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Questions About Souls

Scibat
23-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Let me preface this by saying, its not meant to offend or an attempt to troll or cause any strife here -- These are questions that really keep my head spinning and I would love to possibly hear some constructive input, thoughts and ideas on this stuff.

So here goes...

1. Assuming that evolution is correct, we all evolved upward from single celled creatures to amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals ect. At what point did we evolve spirits/souls? (Unless you have some info that trumps the fossil record, going with evolution as valid.)

2. Why did we evolve souls?

3. Does every lifeform have a soul/spirit? If so, what happens when they die? Especially lower lifeforms: insects, mollusks, jellyfish?

pre-dawn
23-11-2010, 09:02 AM
One answer to this is that the individual soul is created by body and is inextricably linked with it. It comes into being with the body and goes out with it too. Soul would be similar to the aura or the bio-electric field.
In that scenario every living thing can have a soul.

Chrysaetos
23-11-2010, 09:06 AM
1. Assuming that evolution is correct, we all evolved upward from single celled creatures to amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals ect. At what point did we evolve spirits/souls? (Unless you have some info that trumps the fossil record, going with evolution as valid.)
Most people who believe in souls (and are non-Abrahamic), believe that everything that lives has a soul. 2. Why did we evolve souls?Most people will tell you that it didn't evolve, only matter did. And this, of course, leads to the question why both would be dependant on each other. Problematic to say the least.

Personally, I think this whole soul business can't be talked about properly as long as we have no clear definition.

Iskandar
24-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I hear a lot that our souls are independent of our bodies, that our soul inhabits a body that it wishes to experience life in. That our soul is eternal and old well before our body was born.

I don't think anyone honestly knows for sure.

Shabda
24-11-2010, 01:25 PM
I hear a lot that our souls are independent of our bodies, that our soul inhabits a body that it wishes to experience life in. That our soul is eternal and old well before our body was born.

I don't think anyone honestly knows for sure.
some do~! :wink:

Shabda
24-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Let me preface this by saying, its not meant to offend or an attempt to troll or cause any strife here -- These are questions that really keep my head spinning and I would love to possibly hear some constructive input, thoughts and ideas on this stuff.

So here goes...

2. Why did we evolve souls?

3. Does every lifeform have a soul/spirit? If so, what happens when they die? Especially lower lifeforms: insects, mollusks, jellyfish?
evolution is correct, BUT, we did not evolve souls, a Soul is the True Self...every living thing has a soul, even plants, even that fly you just swatted...many will have a different opinion than mine, and thats ok, but i maintain my stance just the same...:D

mike bike
24-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Hiya,all you guys,

You say every living thing has a soul.....I look at it slightly differently....we are all souls who have a body....the soul is the eternally living spark....the life of God in everything.....every living creature....and this spark of God is even in the atoms of inanimate objects,such as rocks....and,oh,yes....plants and trees.

I am a soul who has been given this body....not a body who has a soul.

I'm soon going to post a thread about the evolution of souls...lots of you will think I'm barmy,but to some it will suddenly open a door to truth.

Blessings ........Mike :hug3:

mike bike
24-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Hello,again,everyone,

Here goes...a new thread entitled "The Evolution of Souls"....lots will think me nuts,but what the hell....I've been seeking truth for over 40 years....I wish I could find a way to post my own photo's on the forum without using photo bucket (it even said I was breaching copyright with one of my own pics !!!)....I can post googled pics,but not my own....I would love to show you pics of where I live.

In my searches I've found lots of rubbish,and some stunning truths....I'm now gonna start my new thread .....Sorry....

Blessings to all Mike :wink:

grazier
24-11-2010, 04:00 PM
The way that I understand it is that we are a triple organism, as a humankind for example. We are Physical body, Spritual Body (life force, God force) and Soul which is not in the body but attached to it via a thread of energy, or light as some call it (that is where people get the mistaken idea of a silver cord). The Soul is a filing cabinet for all of our thoughts, emotions, learning and experiences amassed in an incarnation. the Akashic Records that we are building in an incarnation.. When we move out of this physical body in the process called death our Soul withdraws our God force, Spirit that is within our physical body and then returns to the remainder of our Spirit that is in the realms of light. Our Spirit then accesses and assimilates this information and the Soul disintegrates. That is the information that I have been given. Spirit is often confused with Soul, even in Sacred writings.

A Soul is only used in an incarnation, it is a vehicle just like our physical body is a vehicle.

Evolution is another matter. Yes, as far as I understand, all living things have a Spirit not a Soul, some are on a different vibration to us, i.e. minerals, plants, Angels, Elementals etc. Therefore not every living thing has a Soul but it does have the Spark of God, the life force, the Spirit.

The Souls on our vibrations are the creatures, animals and ourselves (maybe from another Planet but still on our vibration). One Cell creatures do have a Soul, but not an individual Soul as such. As I said, the Soul houses the life experience of the Being, whatever form it takes. One cell creatures, insects and animals all have a Group Soul (different to a Soul Group). When the creature, insect or animal dies its spirit goes to the Group Soul of the species, which, when it has expanded enough through life experience that Soul Group moves up to the next stage of creature etc. that has more life experience and opportunities. The same thing happens over and over again, evolving through expansion of the Soul through learning and experience.

When the Group Soul reaches the animal stages and it develops and evolves it integrates with man, eventually, and that is when the individual Soul develops. It is through the animals interaction, living with and learning from man that its individuality evolves. It leaves the pack, so to speak, as animals do when they are domesticated.

The individual animal Soul then develops into our type, or humanoid etc., of Soul. We also have a Soul group, which is God/The Eternal One, but our Spiritual evolution is through Ascension through the Planes.

This is how I have been given it and it has been confirmed to me through synchronicities. I am giving you my understanding, but it may not be everybodies.

Blessings

grazier :hug3:

Spirited
24-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Hello,again,everyone,

Here goes...a new thread entitled "The Evolution of Souls"....lots will think me nuts,but what the hell....I've been seeking truth for over 40 years....I wish I could find a way to post my own photo's on the forum without using photo bucket (it even said I was breaching copyright with one of my own pics !!!)....I can post googled pics,but not my own....I would love to show you pics of where I live.

In my searches I've found lots of rubbish,and some stunning truths....I'm now gonna start my new thread .....Sorry....

Blessings to all Mike :wink:
An easy way to share pics with people on the forum is to go to imageshack.com which will allow you to "Browse" your computer and select an image file to upload. Once it is uploaded it will provide you with direct URL links for it which are short in length. If you do that for each image you'd like to share, you can simply copy and paste the direct link to the image and save it so you can share that image again at any point in the future by sharing the direct link for others to go to. Very simple and is not time consuming.

Just an idea anyway that may be of use to you if you didn't already know.

Spirited :smile:

Scibat
24-11-2010, 09:03 PM
The way that I understand it is that we are a triple organism, as a humankind for example. We are Physical body, Spritual Body (life force, God force) and Soul which is not in the body but attached to it via a thread of energy, or light as some call it (that is where people get the mistaken idea of a silver cord). The Soul is a filing cabinet for all of our thoughts, emotions, learning and experiences amassed in an incarnation. the Akashic Records that we are building in an incarnation.. When we move out of this physical body in the process called death our Soul withdraws our God force, Spirit that is within our physical body and then returns to the remainder of our Spirit that is in the realms of light. Our Spirit then accesses and assimilates this information and the Soul disintegrates. That is the information that I have been given. Spirit is often confused with Soul, even in Sacred writings.

A Soul is only used in an incarnation, it is a vehicle just like our physical body is a vehicle.

Evolution is another matter. Yes, as far as I understand, all living things have a Spirit not a Soul, some are on a different vibration to us, i.e. minerals, plants, Angels, Elementals etc. Therefore not every living thing has a Soul but it does have the Spark of God, the life force, the Spirit.

The Souls on our vibrations are the creatures, animals and ourselves (maybe from another Planet but still on our vibration). One Cell creatures do have a Soul, but not an individual Soul as such. As I said, the Soul houses the life experience of the Being, whatever form it takes. One cell creatures, insects and animals all have a Group Soul (different to a Soul Group). When the creature, insect or animal dies its spirit goes to the Group Soul of the species, which, when it has expanded enough through life experience that Soul Group moves up to the next stage of creature etc. that has more life experience and opportunities. The same thing happens over and over again, evolving through expansion of the Soul through learning and experience.

When the Group Soul reaches the animal stages and it develops and evolves it integrates with man, eventually, and that is when the individual Soul develops. It is through the animals interaction, living with and learning from man that its individuality evolves. It leaves the pack, so to speak, as animals do when they are domesticated.

The individual animal Soul then develops into our type, or humanoid etc., of Soul. We also have a Soul group, which is God/The Eternal One, but our Spiritual evolution is through Ascension through the Planes.

This is how I have been given it and it has been confirmed to me through synchronicities. I am giving you my understanding, but it may not be everybodies.

Blessings

That's very thought provoking. Let's see if I understand this...

So when we die the soul goes away after dumping all its info. -- The spirit, that which is the self, continues?

Lower life forms all share a group spirit? So the whole species would have to go extinct for them to truly be considered dead as each individual is really just part of a larger organism?

Higher animals, like mammals have spirits like we do?

Trying to grasp all this.

Xan
24-11-2010, 09:39 PM
The idea that the body evolved as a mechanical process of natural selection and then somehow made the quantum leap to evolving a soul... always struck me as very funny.

In spiritual awakening you begin to experience yourself as soul & spirit - the consciousness and energy that is your essence. Then it becomes clear that this, your true nature, existed before physical existence and endures after it, and is here now within and all around you.

Meditation is the way of true Self discovery, beyond the mind's ideas.

Xan

Shabda
25-11-2010, 01:17 AM
The way that I understand it is that we are a triple organism, as a humankind for example. We are Physical body, Spritual Body (life force, God force) and Soul which is not in the body but attached to it via a thread of energy, or light as some call it (that is where people get the mistaken idea of a silver cord). The Soul is a filing cabinet for all of our thoughts, emotions, learning and experiences amassed in an incarnation. the Akashic Records that we are building in an incarnation..
there is much more than a triple form, there is the physical, then the emotional (astral body)then no less than 3 mental bodies...the silver cord only exists on these lower forms, Soul is above and beyond the mind, it is not a storehouse for thoughts, or a filing cabinet for emotions, each body on those levels retains the memories and experiences, Soul is aware of these experiences, but Soul Itself, has no cord, It is completely free...

When we move out of this physical body in the process called death our Soul withdraws our God force, Spirit that is within our physical body and then returns to the remainder of our Spirit that is in the realms of light. Our Spirit then accesses and assimilates this information and the Soul disintegrates. That is the information that I have been given. Spirit is often confused with Soul, even in Sacred writings.

i disagree..Soul is the true self, the truest of individual consciousness, the Spirit is the vocal harmony of God, seen as Light, heard as Sound, each Soul is a part of this Life stream, this is the Oneness that people speak of experiencing i differ in that i have experienced Soul awareness, and Soul does not merely exist to have an incarnation, It is not just a body to be thrown away, It is an Individual made completely of Love...the lower mental and emotional and physical bodies are the throw aways, so to speak...Soul is Eternal...

i disagree again, each living thing is an individual Soul, just like the rest of us...you may see it differently than me, but what can i report?? only wha i have experienced...

Blessings

i may disagree about soul groups, but i accept and agree with your idea, that Soul goes through evolution as it works It's way up through the planes, as i have had the experience of doing this, and my wife and son ARE a Soul group of sorts...we all came to work out certain things, and to help each other attain a higher region...my 4 year old came down from on high, just to help my wife and i out, and to attain the highest possible state for Soul...he came to keep us together...in a past life, i was a blues guitar player, and she was a darker sort of woman (we were both black, but im not referring to skin color) and she made a sacrifice for me...not in giving her life, but damned close to it, and by doing so she burned off the karma her actions had created for her, giving her a new chance to go for the gold, so now my job is t help her attain freedom of Soul, once and for all...all three of us mean to attain the region from which there will be no return, no karma, no rebirth...we have all developed through our learning, and it has been literally crazy at times, but we keep working on it, True Freedom, in THIS lifetime...

Uma
25-11-2010, 01:54 AM
We are one sun but we identify with one of our rays:
http://www.easy-drawings.com/images/float/sun-drawing.jpg
Spirit is all of it but each ray of light is a soul. A soul is like a spark of a divine fire.

The Fire is pure consciousness, awareness.
When it moves, it manifests as energy.
The slower the movement, the more gross the energy.
When the tiny spark of light that we are enters the human body, it conforms to the shape of the physical body, like a hand fitting into a glove.
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/54269/54269,1229204433,1/stock-photo-chakra-points-son-the-human-body-digital-illustration-21973492.jpg
Lots of swirling vortexes of energy (chakras) within a radiant light body (the astral body) which is interconnected with the nervous system of the physical body. And the physical body is made of trillions of tiny cells, each of which has its own soul, all joining hands to create the illusion of a body.

We forget we are simply Consciousness. We forget we are ensouled consciousness. We forget all of that. We think we are the body.

Then the body dies and we exit the body and realize no we are not the body.
The newly transitioned soul still looks like the physical body for a while (like a ghost) until it vibrates faster and shinks back into the tiny spark of disembodied soul (which shows up as orbs in photographs).

In the centre of each spark (and each chakra is like a portal to it) is pure Spirit, the oneness that we all are.

When we enter that space of pure consciousness, we see all the worlds. We see them with fresh eyes, seeing everything as energy, everything as the play of Consciousness in vibration.

That's one version of our basic story.

Chrysaetos
25-11-2010, 08:14 AM
We forget we are simply Consciousness. We forget we are ensouled consciousness. We forget all of that. We think we are the body.
Why forget if this consciousness/soul business is all powerful..?
Maybe we don't forget, maybe we have a desire to be more then we are.

Everyone here believes in ''soul evolution'' but so far nobody knows why it exists for a pure, blissful being. Many cats have different experiences and claim to have found the truth, more or less, but they're just identifying with the subjective belief a ''ray'' has..

grazier
25-11-2010, 03:33 PM
That's very thought provoking. Let's see if I understand this...

So when we die the soul goes away after dumping all its info. -- The spirit, that which is the self, continues?

Lower life forms all share a group spirit? So the whole species would have to go extinct for them to truly be considered dead as each individual is really just part of a larger organism?

Higher animals, like mammals have spirits like we do?

Trying to grasp all this.

Hi Scribat,

That is the way that I see it, yes I see the Spirit, our essence, our part that is God is the part of us that continues. I see the Soul as a vehicle for all of our experiences, thoughts and emotions.

I don't say that the lower life forms would be extinct, but you have it right, in my way of thinking.

Blessings

grazier:hug3:

grazier
25-11-2010, 03:40 PM
there is much more than a triple form, there is the physical, then the emotional (astral body)then no less than 3 mental bodies...the silver cord only exists on these lower forms, Soul is above and beyond the mind, it is not a storehouse for thoughts, or a filing cabinet for emotions, each body on those levels retains the memories and experiences, Soul is aware of these experiences, but Soul Itself, has no cord, It is completely free...

i disagree..Soul is the true self, the truest of individual consciousness, the Spirit is the vocal harmony of God, seen as Light, heard as Sound, each Soul is a part of this Life stream, this is the Oneness that people speak of experiencing i differ in that i have experienced Soul awareness, and Soul does not merely exist to have an incarnation, It is not just a body to be thrown away, It is an Individual made completely of Love...the lower mental and emotional and physical bodies are the throw aways, so to speak...Soul is Eternal...

i disagree again, each living thing is an individual Soul, just like the rest of us...you may see it differently than me, but what can i report?? only wha i have experienced...

i may disagree about soul groups, but i accept and agree with your idea, that Soul goes through evolution as it works It's way up through the planes, as i have had the experience of doing this, and my wife and son ARE a Soul group of sorts...we all came to work out certain things, and to help each other attain a higher region...my 4 year old came down from on high, just to help my wife and i out, and to attain the highest possible state for Soul...he came to keep us together...in a past life, i was a blues guitar player, and she was a darker sort of woman (we were both black, but im not referring to skin color) and she made a sacrifice for me...not in giving her life, but damned close to it, and by doing so she burned off the karma her actions had created for her, giving her a new chance to go for the gold, so now my job is t help her attain freedom of Soul, once and for all...all three of us mean to attain the region from which there will be no return, no karma, no rebirth...we have all developed through our learning, and it has been literally crazy at times, but we keep working on it, True Freedom, in THIS lifetime...

Hi Shabda,

Yes, I am aware that we have seven bodies that correspond with the chakras and also with the planes. I was actually talking about vehicles that we use during a physical incarnation and the way that they correspond with each other. They are totally different to our 'spiritual bodies'. I was using a filing cabinet as a metaphor to get across a storage system of our memories, thoughts, emotions, learning and experiences acquired in an incarnation.

But I did explain that these are only my own perceptions and that not everyone will resonate with them. I put them forward to give people that they do resonate with another perception and for others to cogitate on and discuss.

Blessings

Chrysaetos
25-11-2010, 03:51 PM
I see the Soul as a vehicle for all of our experiences, thoughts and emotions.But who is driving the vehicle..?
And to the post above: So there are eight bodies in total. What exactly is the spiritual body?

Cheers.

Shabda
25-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi Shabda,

Yes, I am aware that we have seven bodies that correspond with the chakras and also with the planes. I was actually talking about vehicles that we use during a physical incarnation and the way that they correspond with each other. They are totally different to our 'spiritual bodies'. I was using a filing cabinet as a metaphor to get across a storage system of our memories, thoughts, emotions, learning and experiences acquired in an incarnation.

But I did explain that these are only my own perceptions and that not everyone will resonate with them. I put them forward to give people that they do resonate with another perception and for others to cogitate on and discuss.

Blessings

right, i understand, and yes you did say that not all would agree, i wasnt trying to argue either, just forwarding some notions that ive discovered through experiences of my own, but that doesnt make me right either, and it is possible that we both define the soul differently, so i guess i was just putting into words, my understanding of it, thus far, not a big huge disagreement or anything, i hope i didnt offend, i didnt mean to...

Uma
25-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Why forget if this consciousness/soul business is all powerful..?
Maybe we don't forget, maybe we have a desire to be more then we are.

Everyone here believes in ''soul evolution'' but so far nobody knows why it exists for a pure, blissful being. Many cats have different experiences and claim to have found the truth, more or less, but they're just identifying with the subjective belief a ''ray'' has..

I can't answer your "why" question. I would have to lose my "I" and merge completely to know it and then I would have no way of getting back to you. :D

To me, the more important question is not "why do we exist?" but "how to evolve" - because like you said "we have a desire to be more than we are." I agree with that so you are missing my point. It is the "I" that has to evolve, from small and limited in thinking, being and doing to expanded and harmonious with the whole. My illustration is very basic - how the "I" in different forms gets confused as to what it is. That's the forgetting part. "Awakening" is a process of remembering and it's not just intellectual, it's an experience of shifting into a greater dimension that exists at the core of this one.

Probably sounds like science fiction to people who have not even glimpsed this.

grazier
26-11-2010, 02:59 PM
But who is driving the vehicle..?
And to the post above: So there are eight bodies in total. What exactly is the spiritual body?

Cheers.

Hi Chrysaetos,

God /Eternal One is driving the vehicle!

There are actually seven bodies or vehicles with us in an incarnation. When we descend to come into a physical incarnation, depending on what plane we are learning on in the Realms of Light, what plane we have ascended to in expansion of the Spirit, we have to don a denser vehicle for each plane in descenscion or exchange the one we are using for a lighter one on ascension. This has to be done in order to exist on the relevant plane. The Body that we use in a physical incarnation is very dense and our spirit body is very light.

When we incarnate we only bring with us a small part of our spirit, the rest is still in the spirit world. That is why we come as male or female (positive and negative). We are a duality therefore if we incarnate as female we have left our male part of our spirit in the Spiritual Realms, that is why you don't meet your twin soul in an incarnation, because your twin soul is the other part of you. You will no doubt meet incarnate soul mates, which is different, they are others in your soul group that have incarnated to share some of an incarnation with you. If you are a male in this incarnation you have left your female side in the Realms of Light.

The bodies that are surrounding our physical correspond with the Planes that we learn and exist on in our ascension.

Some people call them by other names but I know them as the following:-
Densest and outermost first - Physical, Astral, Lower Mental, Upper Mental, Emotional, Spiritual, Celestial (Divine). These are also all stages of development and ascension. The last four are the innermost and the last three we don't have to incarnate into a physical body, only for special ministerial purposes.

Does that help?

Blessings

grazier
26-11-2010, 03:10 PM
right, i understand, and yes you did say that not all would agree, i wasnt trying to argue either, just forwarding some notions that ive discovered through experiences of my own, but that doesnt make me right either, and it is possible that we both define the soul differently, so i guess i was just putting into words, my understanding of it, thus far, not a big huge disagreement or anything, i hope i didnt offend, i didnt mean to...

Hello Shabda,

No offence is taken, I didn't mean to come across in any other way than one of explanation. I am sorry if I sound gruff, I didn't mean to.

I agree, we are all different and all have different pathways (leading to the same goal however) and we all learn in different ways. How otherwise would the Eternal One experience Himself, there would be no point if we were all clones. There would only be the need for one Soul/Being that way.

We are all correct in our own way, that is the way that we have learned and experienced and it is there for us to share with others and likewise to share others' experiences and learning. That is how we learn and help each other to learn, by putting forward our own experiences. Don't you agree?

That is what these forums are about. There is no argument, it is all sharing.

I am always being told by my nearest and dearest that I come across as a headmistress, I don't mean to, that is just me I am afraid. I am sorry if I seem that way, please forgive me, but as I said it is just me, I can't help it.

I don't like arguments, ill feeling and negativity as it gets one nowhere and upsets all around. So please accept my apologies if I sounded that way.

Blessings

Shabda
26-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Hello Shabda,

No offence is taken, I didn't mean to come across in any other way than one of explanation. I am sorry if I sound gruff, I didn't mean to.

I agree, we are all different and all have different pathways (leading to the same goal however) and we all learn in different ways. How otherwise would the Eternal One experience Himself, there would be no point if we were all clones. There would only be the need for one Soul/Being that way.

We are all correct in our own way, that is the way that we have learned and experienced and it is there for us to share with others and likewise to share others' experiences and learning. That is how we learn and help each other to learn, by putting forward our own experiences. Don't you agree?

That is what these forums are about. There is no argument, it is all sharing.

I am always being told by my nearest and dearest that I come across as a headmistress, I don't mean to, that is just me I am afraid. I am sorry if I seem that way, please forgive me, but as I said it is just me, I can't help it.

I don't like arguments, ill feeling and negativity as it gets one nowhere and upsets all around. So please accept my apologies if I sounded that way.

Blessings

have no fear, all is good~! you didnt offend me in any way, im glad we could share our thoughts on this...:hug3:

grazier
26-11-2010, 03:55 PM
have no fear, all is good~! you didnt offend me in any way, im glad we could share our thoughts on this...:hug3:

God Bless,

Blessings

Shabda
26-11-2010, 03:59 PM
God Bless,

Blessings

May God Bless You with It's Divine Love...

Miss Hepburn
26-11-2010, 04:24 PM
How could someone be gruff that has a little bunny rabbit as an avatar?
:D

Xan
30-11-2010, 02:04 AM
But who is driving the vehicle..?
This is an excellent way to put the question, Chrysaetos.

There's only one way to truly know the answer: Looking directly into the driver's seat... and seeing the You who is observing all the experiences, bodies and frequencies that make up your existence... your Consciousness itself, your Awareness.

Here's the first step: Notice that you are aware.

Xan

7luminaries
01-12-2010, 09:57 PM
The idea that the body evolved as a mechanical process of natural selection and then somehow made the quantum leap to evolving a soul... always struck me as very funny.

In spiritual awakening you begin to experience yourself as soul & spirit - the consciousness and energy that is your essence. Then it becomes clear that this, your true nature, existed before physical existence and endures after it, and is here now within and all around you.

Meditation is the way of true Self discovery, beyond the mind's ideas.

Xan

:wink: that's what it is...a quantum leap...but as you say, it's soul and spirit that made "the leap"...pretty risky business...this whole physical existence thing :tongue:

But despite all the work, I have to say, it's all good!

Peace/blessings,
7L