PDA

View Full Version : longing...

RedEmbers
01-05-2014, 07:56 AM
It just dawned on me that I will most likely always exist with a sense of longing for something and that longing is a massive driving factor for the soul haha...
Not much of an ephiphany really but more of an acceptance of feeling a sense of longing :smile:
For a while now ive wondered what the heck was up with that, isnt the point to feel whole within... I feel whole within yet still feel a sense of longing...
Now... im not talking about ego type longing, I mean the longing of the soul... longing for unity.
It seems to me to be very expansive... every time I feel love for something... my internal universe expands a little bit more and it truely has no bounds.
Soul longing... to me now seems like a main motivational factor... my souls driving motivation is to create or expand peace into the external world... this endless soul longing to unite with source... is not infact to unite...but rather a continuous process of incorporporating aspects of source (or self) into my experiance...
There will always be longing, we live in a massive and diverse universe which is always changing... soul longs to learn and incorporate it all haha... it never ends...

silent whisper
01-05-2014, 11:59 AM
It just dawned on me that I will most likely always exist with a sense of longing for something and that longing is a massive driving factor for the soul haha...
Not much of an ephiphany really but more of an acceptance of feeling a sense of longing :smile:
For a while now ive wondered what the heck was up with that, isnt the point to feel whole within... I feel whole within yet still feel a sense of longing...
Now... im not talking about ego type longing, I mean the longing of the soul... longing for unity.
It seems to me to be very expansive... every time I feel love for something... my internal universe expands a little bit more and it truely has no bounds.
Soul longing... to me now seems like a main motivational factor... my souls driving motivation is to create or expand peace into the external world... this endless soul longing to unite with source... is not infact to unite...but rather a continuous process of incorporporating aspects of source (or self) into my experiance...
There will always be longing, we live in a massive and diverse universe which is always changing... soul longs to learn and incorporate it all haha... it never ends...

In many ways we are longing to meet ourselves. So perhaps in that soul recognition and longing you will find peace with your soul level aspects and share that peace with the external world, that you are motivated to share.

I suppose from my own perspective, the longing I had for many years was often activated through disconnection of feeling in me, there was a turning point where that longing ceased and I finally felt peace.

silent whisper
01-05-2014, 12:03 PM
http://womenspowerwheel.com/longing/

You might like this CC...its a good read...x

Ivy
01-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Peace is felt in acceptance.

That seems like a valuable epiphany to me :)

RedEmbers
05-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Hello :)

Meadows, on further thought I decided that it was a rather valuable epiphany... and as epiphany's tend to go, once I acknowledged it and followed it down the rabbit hole towards the origin the feeling sort of went away.

I think perhaps I felt as though that longing was not a positive feeling... I was brought up with strong (positive and negative) influences which encouraged (especially as a woman) self determination, independence, self reliance... so I was not really quite sure what to do with a sense of longing...

Silent, that was an interesting read, and a website I'll go back to... good timing :)
I kind of had to pinpoint where the feeling stemmed from and it was directly connected to a feeling of loss of connection to community, to humanity really. Spirituality to me now feels so much more 'humanistic', there is no internal or external connection anymore, there is no divide.

Reincarnation is an idea which really resonates with me BUT... at some level I have (up until now) maintained residual aspects of my christian upbringing... that while I can maintain inner peace in the now... the universal/outer peace I longed for was a destination to be reached, a place or time outside of me. I have no destination any more... time has changed to be just a continuous sequence of events rather than a journey with a destination... no experience (life) repeats itself which makes this moment and experience feel very precious to me... peace is what I create.

So longing has simply shifted to motivation, motivation to be and create more peace in the now...

:D Well... I'm certain that there are more layers for me to uncover, excavate and ponder in the near and distant future!

Mr Interesting
07-05-2014, 09:34 PM
I see my cats outside and they are tidy little bundles of warmth, as the chills comin' on, but then they come into the house and lay in front of the fire... I call that longing, that's what I see them doing... getting long as they stretch out... longing.

Funny too that ol' inability as a joke ascribed to speakers of far eastern languages where the wr is replaced with l... where wrong is replaced with long.

Oh the foibles (perils?) added inherently by watching Benny Hill as a youth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy88Sxxce_4