PDA

View Full Version : Progress

GiftOfTheGab
30-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone :)

I feel like I've been progressing in my spiritual journey, but sometime's it can be hard to pinpoint the exact reasons why. It could be the fact that I question more things around me, or that I often look inward instead of searching for answers in the world that one might view as external.

I'm interested to hear the ways in which everyone else progresses and what signs they might have picked up on that their awareness is shifting :redface:

Perfect Storm
30-04-2014, 01:06 PM
I figured that such sensations of changes whilst not being aware of what changed meant that they were all back ground alterations. Those thing you arnt actually aware of.

To be honest, many a time we dont need to know what is happening. yes, its interesting to know, but we dont NEED to.

I believe if its something you need to know, you will be made aware of it in some fashion. Though its useful to learn to not be needed to know what something is every time.

Just be greatful for being aware that things are indeed developing :)

Lorelyen
30-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Of the same mind. Get too involved with logic, cause and effect and you may shut out noumenal things that are You coming to the surface of what you believe is you. Much of the path of spiritual development is about undoing illusion and delusion so, yes, you need to ask questions but often contemplation and meditation provide answers if there are any.

Twinflower
30-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Prayer and meditation, for me, don't always let me know that I have progressed, but are more often the method by which I progress (though certainly prayer and meditation are about dialogue, and thus receiving as much as releasing).

The moments where I have been most aware of my progress, so far, have been after episodes of endurance, such as times of school stress, moving, or illness. When I notice my (slowly) increasing ability to cope and to create something positive out of something unpleasant, to me, is when I know I've progressed.

I find it difficult to pinpoint growth in times of relative peace (though it happens then too, of course). Unless something that would have otherwise been unpleasant is peaceful because of how I've progressed.

Tommyboy
30-04-2014, 07:39 PM
I liked your question. I have been meditating every day, trying to get grounded , centered, trying to lessen the noise and chatter in my head. I keep a journal and look for those little 'coincidences' or those incidents where something can't be just by accident. Trying to operate from a higher place and not from a reactive place. Saying protection prayers also. :smile:

UrTheSun
30-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Really, it's impossible to spiritually "progress". You are already that that you think is at the end of a path. It's a totally destructive process. Destroying delusion reveals what is already there.

Who is it that wants to know that they are progressing?