PDA

View Full Version : How can anything get done if we all let go of our goals?

Fleur de Frost
29-04-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm so confused about the distinction between letting go and pursuing dreams. Our heart's desires are there for a reason, aren't they? Why would we ignore them just to let fate/destiny/God control everything? I don't think that's a way to advance humanity... is it?

Please don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to discredit the knowledge of the universe :) I just don't understand how being passive is considered spiritually advanced.

Any help on this is very much appreciated! thank you!

Baile
29-04-2014, 10:14 PM
I just don't understand how being passive is considered spiritually advanced.Hi FdF. Passive is spiritual? Who told you that? I would say just be your authentic self. That's spiritual.

silent whisper
29-04-2014, 10:17 PM
I'm so confused about the distinction between letting go and pursuing dreams. Our heart's desires are there for a reason, aren't they? Why would we ignore them just to let fate/destiny/God control everything? I don't think that's a way to advance humanity... is it?

Please don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to discredit the knowledge of the universe :) I just don't understand how being passive is considered spiritually advanced.

Living in a way where you trust in your life as it unfolds both in experiences presented to you and the experience that you create it to be through you is a way to view this.

Letting go into your life with an open heart and open mind with a knowing when to move, when to be still, when to listen, when to just be...there are so many creative moves you can listen to within you to know when to step into the new spaces that will emerge naturally one with you and your journey. You are CO CREATOR.

If you envision you are a flower unfolding into life. Listening to you and what each petal unfolds in you helps you to know where you want to be and go.

Perhaps in your heart you might just find the purpose of your god self which if you listen to will allow you to reach those spaces in you that can align naturally to your heart and soul purpose of being here..

Dreams are there in our heart and soul to connect to, in their own time as they unfold one with all life experiences.

Living your life is about living it all through you and your own truth and wants. Being open and living in a state of acceptance of what is before you. Embracing life, listening to what you want to experience still requires a physical aspect to be integrated. The doorway to go to Paris might open, where you have the time and money to go. It still requires you to step into the experience by booking your ticket and making arrangements for the holiday..

We do our part, spirit flows regardless....so flowing with it all makes sense in a way.....and still living and connecting to our dreams and taking the steps to create them one with spirits support..

GoldenLioness
29-04-2014, 10:24 PM
silent whisper that was wonderful and very gracefully explained, thank you!

BlueSky
30-04-2014, 02:23 AM

Silent Whispers answer is truly a wise one. I would add that it's a trap to think that there is a certain way to be. It suggests that one has not arrived yet and it truly is quite the opposite. It's not about arriving at some spiritual summit that looks the same for everyone. It's about being with whatever is inside you. Allowing yourself to unfold naturally and without limits.

Ivy
30-04-2014, 05:55 AM

From what you've written Fleur, it seems that perhaps you've listened to others speaking about it, or perhaps read about. So that the idea of letting go of dreams isn't coming from your heart right now.

So your heart is telling you that something isn't quite right, but your head is telling you that this is the 'knowledge of the universe', so you don't want to let the idea go.

Putting this philosophy into practise, to question the contradiction that you see IS you opening up to your own intuition, and that will take you where you need to be.

So, is it ok to do that? or do the ideas that this IS the knowledge of the universe prevent you from letting go of what you've learned and practising what is there?

There are those who believe that they have practised letting all go and will speak of the balance/harmony/peace they have now found - but of course the balance/harmony/peace is the goal of their practise.

Life brings balance and confusion; harmony and divorce; peace and pain and many other experiences with all the honest feeling of being human. To accept what is there, as it is truly there (not how we think it ought to be). A dream is part of that now, and can be recognised as a dream that is present within us now. When the dream is no longer present, then we recognise that the dream is gone, and perhaps there is another dream, or perhaps now isn't the time for dreaming.

wstein
30-04-2014, 06:38 AM

Any help on this is very much appreciated! thank you! Your heart is not a goal. Having goals prearranged is ignoring your heart.

When you let go of all your 'plans' and 'dreams' one is left with yourself. What one can do is to express the self. This means when opportunities arise in your environment, you being yourself take the action appropriate to you. Through these actions things get done. Note that the purpose here is not to get things done (a doing) rather its to express who you are.

Dwerg
30-04-2014, 06:54 AM
The way I handle that is that I view goals as possibilities and potentially good ideas. I won't attach to them, so I let it all go. Then it might or might not re-emerge later at a suitable time where I go for it.

Then it's like I created the idea, but it also appeared as if it was my destiny. Fun mind game. Either way, if you're truly following your heart in the pursuit of your dreams you wouldn't be in doubt or confused.

BlueSky
30-04-2014, 04:01 PM
From what you've written Fleur, it seems that perhaps you've listened to others speaking about it, or perhaps read about. So that the idea of letting go of dreams isn't coming from your heart right now.

So your heart is telling you that something isn't quite right, but your head is telling you that this is the 'knowledge of the universe', so you don't want to let the idea go.

Putting this philosophy into practise, to question the contradiction that you see IS you opening up to your own intuition, and that will take you where you need to be.

So, is it ok to do that? or do the ideas that this IS the knowledge of the universe prevent you from letting go of what you've learned and practising what is there?

There are those who believe that they have practised letting all go and will speak of the balance/harmony/peace they have now found - but of course the balance/harmony/peace is the goal of their practise.

Life brings balance and confusion; harmony and divorce; peace and pain and many other experiences with all the honest feeling of being human. To accept what is there, as it is truly there (not how we think it ought to be). A dream is part of that now, and can be recognised as a dream that is present within us now. When the dream is no longer present, then we recognise that the dream is gone, and perhaps there is another dream, or perhaps now isn't the time for dreaming.
Nice......