PDA

View Full Version : Help with reading interpretation (please)

Epiphany
28-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone

I am pretty new to doing tarot, only a few months or so. This morning, I drew three cards for a past, present and future reading regarding a potential relationship and I could use some help in the interpretation. I got 5 of pentacles in the past position, 10 of cups in the present, and drew the world card for the future position. Could someone tell me if collectively this is a good sign? I know 10 of cups & the world are good cards, I just have no clue on how to interpret them all together. Thanks!
~Epiphany~

Mrs Merrieweather
28-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Potential relationship:
5 of Pentacles
10 of Cups
World
In the past relationships were ones of being needy, looking for help, finding love in all the wrong places.

For me the ten's in the suits indicate the extremes of that suit. The ten of cups indicate your fantasies of the happily ever after relationship (don't we all :wink: ), not the reality of the situation. We may over look faults and warning signs. There may not be any but it is wise to wake ourself from this state.

The World has a few meanings, one is the ending of a journey, reaching your goal, ready for the next step. Another is this person will think the "world" of you, you are this persons universe. Another is a life lesson, it ends, time to start anew.

This was your reading you must decide what fits for you. This is hard when reading for one's self because you are emotionally involved.

Hoping you find happiness.

Awakened Queen
28-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Try pulling another card asking how you can create a solid relationship with this person.

Epiphany
28-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Thank you both! This reading was in regards to my twin, so there is some fairy tale wishes in there :redface: though I am realistic.

Awakened Queen, I did what you suggested and pulled another card with that question in mind. I received the six of pentacles.
I don't know if that means balance or charity is involved. My interpretation skills are novice.

Tsuga
28-04-2014, 09:30 PM
I too am a novice so take my insights like a rough sketch.

One way you can gain insight is to match the minor card to it's higher influence card, as with:

5 of Pentacles ~ (I believe) ~ V the Heirophant
10 of Cups ~ (changes and cycles) ~ X the Wheel of Fortune

it only applies up to the tenth pip card, therefore:

The World (cosmic consciousness) XXI The World.

For what it is worth, my interpretation was vague and neutral!
The cards said simply - Yes.
You will find a new and wonderful relationship if you change your way of thinking about relationships. In other words, you will likely find a relationship that will be just like one you had in the past. Unless you can become more aware of what it is that you want from a relationship!

Drawing a 6 of Pentacles (choice) VI Lovers, seems like the cards are saying - Yes...etc!

It would please me if you were to draw two more cards. One more for the present interpretation, and one other for the future interpretation.

Ask the cards how you can achieve what you wish for? How you can make the right choice? How you can break the cycle? or words to that effect!

Thanks
t.

Epiphany
29-04-2014, 12:20 AM
Hi thistle,

Thanks so much for your interpretation! It was really enlightening. I think you have more tarot skill than you give yourself credit. If that's novice, i'm a baby beginner :D.

I did another reading, this time a full relationship spread before seeing your post so I will post the cards here:

Nine of Cups
The Chariot
King of wands
Two of Wands
The Sun
The Lovers
Seven of Wands

I also asked some additional questions, the two you mentioned thistle.
For the first on how I could achieve what I wished for: I received Knight of Swords

I also asked how to make the right choice and pulled Six of Swords. I asked a final question in regards to Karmic bond and received Six of Swords again:confused: Any insights are greatly appreciated.

~Epiphany

Tsuga
29-04-2014, 01:58 AM
The Six of Swords, twice, has to be the message brought by the Knight of Swords - lots of trouble and problems. Not good!

So, looking back to the 5 of Pentacles which I thought was the key to the interpretation, I now would say that I didn't give the 10 of Cups closer attention.

Therefore, I can now say that all you might require you will find you already have, in the present.

And that's the best I can come up with for the time being. :smile:

You may be interested to know that I was using two books.
The Essential Guide To Tarot by David Fontana - colourful pages filled with uplifting explanations based on Jungian symbolism. I like this book a lot!
And, How to Read Tarot by Sylvia Abraham - very basic and concise, using key words and phrases.

Thanks for the additional cards!

t.

Epiphany
29-04-2014, 04:51 AM
No problem thistle! And thanks for looking into the the interpretations for me, I appreciate it.

I'll be sure to check out those books you mentioned. I can use all the help I can get.:smile:

Thanks again.
~Epiphany