PDA

View Full Version : Details in lucidity

Rawnrr
26-04-2014, 11:20 AM
I know some of my lucid dream experiments may seem kinda boring to people...But I really am interested in learning the nature of the experience and what it entails.
Last night I had a lucid dream and was walking around the inside of a building, was like a store or something (think it sold mattresses) . In the dream I decided to look closely at the details in the dream. I walked over to a wall and was marveling at how many details were actually there. All the little chips in the paint, the cracks, the little smudges of dirt, and was thinking how amazing the mind can be to actually create this level of detail in an experience like this.
I walked over to a few other places and was admiring all the little details.

What I got from this was that we all think sometimes that dreams are just a hazy mist of a place that we drift through at night. But they can be much more than that, there can be levels of detail in them that are very vivid and specific.
Also quite often when we look at dreams we often tend to over-analyze "specific details" for some symbolic relevance, but in this case I was just looking at the structural details of the dream which exist without any real symbolic overlay. So not everything in dreams are symbolic, some aspects can be merely structural.

Later on in the dream I decided to do all the other lucid fun stuff and fly around and try to interact with "people"....but for this post I thought I would share the part i found significant.

Lorelyen
11-05-2014, 09:07 PM
I recall my first one. I'd spent time talking to someone about how they facilitated these dreams. After a lot of affirmations and O B practice (while on the edge of sleep) I managed to have one. The person who suggested the exercises told me to visit a pleasant setting, meet someone and exchange tokens! In exchange for a rose, I received a poem which I read over and over in the dream, sure I'd remember it. I knew I'd have to write it down but when I awoke and grabbed my notebook I could only remember a few fragments. (My book is within reach - always - I don't need to open my eyes to locate it). I was so sure in the dream I'd remember it and had been making notes for a few months, was used to trying to look back into the dream while scribbling away (often illegibly and lines going all over the place)! So I was a tad disappointed!

:smile:

Rawnrr
16-05-2014, 10:22 AM
That is a shame. It is always interesting to see what kinds of things like that you can remember from dreams.
I have been able to recall a few things I have read in dreams before upon waking....they are definitely things to ponder over as to how they relae to your life.

Squatchit
16-05-2014, 11:06 AM
I spend quite a bit of lucid time looking at dream character's faces - they never cease to amaze me how realistic and different from each other they are. Fascinating.

Also, to aid dream recall, I write things down in a dream book (in the dream). I'm well aware it won't be there when I awake, but as long as I'm lucid enough I'll write key words over and over. If I fail to recall the experience fully, I can sometimes successfully recall what I wrote in my dream-dream book and the experience comes flooding back.

One thing I've noticed when lucid is that if I need money for anything, I only have to put my hands in my pockets and the required amount is there. That happened last night. I was telling some other dream characters about it, but refrained from using the word 'dream' because that tends to make the dream 'wobble'. Instead I said, "in certain other states," and smiled knowingly at them.

I love being lucid. Fabsters. :smile:

Rawnrr
16-05-2014, 09:04 PM
yeah...running into people in lucid dreams is always fun.
You wonder sometimes if they are just manifestations out of your subconscious, or if some of them are something more.
(well..I have had a few experiences of running into things from outside my consciousness that appeared as people in a dream...but that is a whole other story)
But in general, I often try to talk to the people i see while lucid....and it is not so easy of a task. Most just want to keep on going on with whatever they are doing.

Squatchit
17-05-2014, 02:20 PM
I've had a variety of responses when I talk to other characters. Some will respond and appear 'lucid' too. I often talk about lucid dreams (when I'm lucid) to see what reaction I get. My particular favourite is when I start out non-lucid and am having a conversation, then become lucid and slowly bring in the fact that I'm in a dream. Their faces! :D

One time I recall well (and this was quite a few years ago) was when I was being 'teased' by some others. It was as if they were cats and I was their mouse for the night. I wasn't lucid and they obviously thought it was highly amusing. I can't remember the exact details, although I did write it down at the time. Anyway, once I got lucid, I scared the bejesus out of them. Such fun.

Lorelyen
18-05-2014, 02:55 PM
I spend quite a bit of lucid time looking at dream character's faces - they never cease to amaze me how realistic and different from each other they are. Fascinating.

Also, to aid dream recall, I write things down in a dream book (in the dream). I'm well aware it won't be there when I awake, but as long as I'm lucid enough I'll write key words over and over. If I fail to recall the experience fully, I can sometimes successfully recall what I wrote in my dream-dream book and the experience comes flooding back.

One thing I've noticed when lucid is that if I need money for anything, I only have to put my hands in my pockets and the required amount is there. That happened last night. I was telling some other dream characters about it, but refrained from using the word 'dream' because that tends to make the dream 'wobble'. Instead I said, "in certain other states," and smiled knowingly at them.

I love being lucid. Fabsters. :smile:

That's something worth thinking about (the bold part of the quote).

Nice tip. Thank you. :smile:

yumi14
27-05-2014, 11:39 PM
The most interesting thing in one of my lucid dreams was being able to actually read pages of a book which made logical sense. It was not garbled or anything like that. It was fluid text. Pretty amazing :) this actually happened to me this past week :)

Rawnrr
28-05-2014, 10:27 AM
Yes, reading something in a dream is another thing I always find interesting. I work hard to try and remember what was written and make notes of it when I get up...just so I can analyze what was there.