PDA

View Full Version : The language of the heart

silent whisper
21-04-2014, 11:27 PM
It speaks for itself

It feels and it knows

It listens and it cares

It connects hearts

In my meditation group, (who are all females :) )I suggested we begin hugging with an intention to hug heart to heart side of the body. *Like hearts touching*. At first for some it felt uncomfortable. It seemed to go against their natural feeling to hug the other side of their body. Of course unfamiliar patterns can feel different and foreign in this way even with the physical body.They would giggle and some would show there discomfort, which was all part of the process of letting go into something new, all part of growing together in this space.

Someone shared with me a while back a hug like this and it was lovely. I melted into the hug in this way...Being aware and conscious of that moment embracing another was quite a lovely gesture I felt.. I have always hugged people, conscious of their space and my own as one in this way. I am beginning to now hug people with intention and awareness of their space, but with intention and awareness of sharing myself in this way. It seems to work well..:wink:

It has now become part of our connection, to create a conscious way of hugging each other in this way. I notice most of the hugs now are longer in these moments. I sometimes hold them a little longer than they like, but next time I notice it helps them to hold a little longer next time.

Its starting to feel more natural now for those who felt uncomfortable. They seem to be feeling much less *restricted*...much more present in this moment, much more open to allowing this connection.

I never really grew up with a mother who hugged me. I never really knew how it felt to be held by a female in this way. The care and love of the feminine in this way. So hugging over the years became a new way of being of me for both woman and men.

I have had to find it myself through my own healing journey. In fact I was the one in latter years who turned to my mother and began hugging her, holding her and loving her in this way. I am glad I reached out to her. I could have lived out my life never knowing how touch and feeling love with my mother could really be.

My mother initially was uncomfortable, but now years later in her end times of life we hug and share that moment as something special, between us. I feel her love now in this way. I feel my love for her in these moments in a shared connection of care. It opened up the channels in wonderful ways.

Hugs can be fleeting moments where not much thought or care goes into them. You always know a deep connected one and one of those hug and let go before I have to feel ones..:wink:

I am working on the males now..:wink: My father is no longer alive, and I would have loved to have had a chance to hug him in this way, sadly he died long before I made the shift within myself. I have a big family of mostly brothers who I am lucky have found this space in themselves and not afraid to share with hearfelt hugs....Other males in my life accept it, which is nice, but I have my feelings its a little harder for most men at times..:wink:

How do you like hugging? Is it easy for you to let go into that moment? Or do you cringe and want to pull away and find it uncomfortable? I am interested in how the men and woman here feel too if you want to share of course.....:hug3:

Ascension
22-04-2014, 01:31 AM
I know exactly what you mean ,
to put positive intentions behind every acts we do .

Thank you for sharing !!!

silent whisper
22-04-2014, 01:54 AM
I know exactly what you mean ,
to put positive intentions behind every acts we do .

Thank you for sharing !!!

This is true,all kinds of intentions, we hold unique to each of us come through our acts.
So do you like hugging ascension? :) And what kind of hugger are you?

ignore if you don't want to answer...:wink:

Kaere
22-04-2014, 02:01 AM
How do you like hugging? Is it easy for you to let go into that moment? Or do you cringe and want to pull away and find it uncomfortable? I am interested in how the men and woman here feel too if you want to share of course.....:hug3:

Hmmm... it's an interesting subject!

Personally, I cringe... at first. I'm not fond of hugging people I don't know and I really can't let go into a hug properly if there's other people around to see it. So I have gentle easy friendly quick hugs, for the most part.

It's different for my family and for those I love though, I could hug them all day long! I tend to be plumper than I should be and my boys tell me my hugs are 'awesomely squishy', it can be hard to get them to let go haha. And it's not easy to be hugged when you're a short thing and everyone towers over you... head turned awkwardly and a little claustrophobic. So the best hugs are when I'm standing on something, eye level and it's easy to lean in and just be close. I'm meaning hugs with a sweetie here lol... not just anyone.

silent whisper
22-04-2014, 02:38 AM
Hmmm... it's an interesting subject!

Personally, I cringe... at first. I'm not fond of hugging people I don't know and I really can't let go into a hug properly if there's other people around to see it. So I have gentle easy friendly quick hugs, for the most part.

It's different for my family and for those I love though, I could hug them all day long! I tend to be plumper than I should be and my boys tell me my hugs are 'awesomely squishy', it can be hard to get them to let go haha. And it's not easy to be hugged when you're a short thing and everyone towers over you... head turned awkwardly and a little claustrophobic. So the best hugs are when I'm standing on something, eye level and it's easy to lean in and just be close. I'm meaning hugs with a sweetie here lol... not just anyone.

Loved your sharing Kaere, it made me smile and giggle in nice way.....:wink: :hug3:

It can be hard to share yourself in the way you want to when you feel others and see others in the background aware of your expression in this way. I suspect most people would enjoy a warm connected hug. Its often the discomfort or feelings of more than themselves that comes into the picture at times as you reveal.

It can get complicated, through so many factors going on in that moment,
I guess it comes back to being fully present with yourself in all that is going on, to let go fully into a hug and be ok with that space in you.

My eldest brother is amazingly out there in this way and a great teacher of just bowling himself in and embracing people. He is naturally extroverted in nature so its a little easier for him.Its funny at times watching the faces of those he takes in his arms, but I have to say after many years of seeing him do this, people now seek out his genuine heartfelt embrace. Men and woman.

A human Being
22-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Great thread, silent whisper :smile:

I never felt very comfortable with hugging, and intimacy in general, I would feel my body go rigid and I'd want to extricate myself from it as soon as I could without appearing impolite. I think it came back to self-esteem issues, I guess deep down I didn't feel worthy of the other person's affections.

In the last few years, though, I've been rediscovering the joy of intimacy, in large part due to some very nice girls I've met (one of whom was Australian, funnily enough, SW), who helped me to feel good about myself, and worthy of affection. So now, instead of feeling self-conscious and awkward, I can give my attention to the other person, feel the warmth and softness (or rigidity, as the case may be) of their body, and allow myself to relax so they can press against me without resistance. Our bodies are only a bridge, of course, to our spirits - ie the essence of what we are - so you have to raise the barriers to really feel the other person's spirit (and let them feel yours). There's no toll on my bridge any more :D

Not quite the same, but have a virtual hug all the same :hug3:

Ivy
22-04-2014, 11:19 AM
I spent most of my twenties not liking hugs - hugs had come to mean something sexual or controlling (and I didn't have any females in my life)

Then 15 years ago, pregnant with my son and no longer at work, I went to an aromatherapy class, and the woman who ran it hugged everyone in the group as they left. I LOVED IT!!!! :D

Since then, there have been a few females in my life who I have been able to enjoy a healing hug with - those extended loving holds, where one simply shares the love and healing energies of each other. Someone mentioned hugs from spirit in another thread, and I experience those in much the same way as healing hugs with people.

I've not had opportunity to do this with males, and I have issues with sexual contact, so it would be a hurdle to get over probably, that would take A LOT of trust for me.

Thank you for sharing SW. Good subject. :hug3:

silent whisper
22-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Great thread, silent whisper :smile:

I never felt very comfortable with hugging, and intimacy in general, I would feel my body go rigid and I'd want to extricate myself from it as soon as I could without appearing impolite. I think it came back to self-esteem issues, I guess deep down I didn't feel worthy of the other person's affections.

yes to rest yourself in the arms of another can activate our own insecurities and discomforting feelings. Sometimes self worth is part of receiving and giving our love and intimacy, I can relate to self worth through many hurdles back to empowering myself.

In the last few years, though, I've been rediscovering the joy of intimacy, in large part due to some very nice girls I've met (one of whom was Australian, funnily enough, SW), who helped me to feel good about myself, and worthy of affection.

Us aussie girls know how to warm the heart...lol..that is so lovely that you have found some supportive girls who have helped you. I am so happy for you..

So now, instead of feeling self-conscious and awkward, I can give my attention to the other person, feel the warmth and softness (or rigidity, as the case may be) of their body, and allow myself to relax so they can press against me without resistance. Our bodies are only a bridge, of course, to
our spirits - ie the essence of what we are - so you have to raise the barriers to really feel the other person's spirit (and let them feel yours). There's no toll on my bridge any more :D

That was so beautiful to read. Such an open and honest account of what you have found for you. Yes the essence of spirit in that embrace can be beautiful if you allow and both are ready for that space. Letting go into that space whether in a hug or in presence of self can be so rewarding as I find. The feeling is quite lovely when you know your open and connected through your intimate self. Glad you have surrendered your toll..lol..

Not quite the same, but have a virtual hug all the same :hug3:

Aww thankyou that warmed my heart......here is one for you.....:hug3:

A human Being
22-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Aww thankyou that warmed my heart......here is one for you.....:hug3:
Aw SW, you're lovely :smile: Yeah, you Aussies are, on the whole, much more uncomplicated and grounded than us uptight Brits, I'd say :D

lemex
22-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Is there understanding the heart is what is thought. I think when we say heart feels this or that is to say heart/mind jointly feel just in case it's thought we're thinking somehow the heart is separate or over rides something in us. If separating the heart it won't be there without the mind.

Ideas, such as mediation and short comings elude to this. And where it may have been once natural for us, it no longer seems to be. Actually, what is being spoken about is Love. yes...... no ....... maybe. :smile: Should this be mentioned? Thing is everyone has and expresses this heart language, it is always there. It can be expressed differently to.

BlueSky
23-04-2014, 02:54 AM
A few years ago I was doing volunteer work at a local hospice. I was new at it and they assigned me to an elderly woman who was bedridden and could not speak. The first day I met her and sat beside her bed, she grabbed my hand and started rubbing it. From there we got close and I would play music for her and mostly just hold hands. This lasted for a few months and we bonded closely. Well one might I had a dream and it seemed like I died and I had this need to say goodbye to someone. I remember a woman coming to me and giving me a hug like no other hug. It was amazing. I thought maybe this was my daughter saying goodbye. Later that morning I got a call from hospice that my friend had passed last night. I immediately said " oh, I wish I could have said goodbye to her". It hit me right away after that what had happened in what seemed like a dream.
I thought is share this because I know the hugs you are talking about here.
Well gotta go to sleep now. Nice thread SW. Peace

silent whisper
23-04-2014, 03:50 AM
Is there understanding the heart is what is thought. I think when we say heart feels this or that is to say heart/mind jointly feel just in case it's thought we're thinking somehow the heart is separate or over rides something in us. If separating the heart it won't be there without the mind.

You bring up a good point to share..

Ideas, such as mediation and short comings elude to this. And where it may have been once natural for us, it no longer seems to be. Actually, what is being spoken about is Love. yes...... no ....... maybe. :smile: Should this be mentioned? Thing is everyone has and expresses this heart language, it is always there. It can be expressed differently to.

With so many different processors within the whole, I like to remain in awareness of them all even when it might appear I am separating out or singling out one aspect, I agree everyone expresses their own way in love and care..unique to them ....when you step out of your own way as the only way,,, you can tune into others in their own space of love and care one with the whole..

This sharing here is only one way of expressing and sharing. An important one for some, not for all.

It takes me to a story this past week I saw on tv, it was a movie, not sure if based on real life events, but it seemed fitting to what I know happens more often than not when people enter this space.

A group of stranded divers were lost at sea, floating along, going through what anyone would experience in this space. No land in sight, all stranded as one in a space where they have no knowing of whether they will live or die. What arises is a shark enters their space, aware of them, observing and waiting for its moment to attack. This heightens their fear and facing their own mortality. The terror in that space awakens a deep connection of shared union to support and take care of each other. As the movie progresses, one by one they lose their life, down to the last two. Both have lost their partners and initially through the many levels of emotional trauma of this space, they end up alone and at this point, they turn to each other and all the anger and ideas in the females mind suddenly changed just like that. In her feeling, she opened to love with him, told him she loved him and they both hugged. He embraced her in that moment too. Suddenly any ideas in her mind ceased to be in the way things had been in her trauma and blame. That moment opened her to love and reach in love by holding him. Prior to this space, he and the other male were being the protectors, putting their lives at risk for the females who were terrified. They did all they could to help and care for them both.

The movie showed me the nature of love and sharing both in the space of hugging holding and sharing that you love another, and the nature of those who show love through being that space of love in selfless care. Each unique to the needs of the one in giving and sharing. In many ways lemex you bring to light something important to the whole space of being and sharing love.

Looking into the movie I was able to see, that it was through his love up too that point that she was able to hold him and reach out in that way. He had done his all to keep her and the others alive. His actions allowed her to feel that love and reach out to him without him needing to do that initially himself. He showed his love and care his way and it was in the end the most powerful for her survival....:) Of course facing her own mortality, it made sense she would open to feel and share with him in this way too..:)

Anyhow she survived he managed to get her to safety risking his own life in the end. Selfless love is a part of love and care of others within self.

It was only a movie but a great one to reflect on..:)

silent whisper
23-04-2014, 04:05 AM
A few years ago I was doing volunteer work at a local hospice. I was new at it and they assigned me to an elderly woman who was bedridden and could not speak. The first day I met her and sat beside her bed, she grabbed my hand and started rubbing it. From there we got close and I would play music for her and mostly just hold hands. This lasted for a few months and we bonded closely. Well one might I had a dream and it seemed like I died and I had this need to say goodbye to someone. I remember a woman coming to me and giving me a hug like no other hug. It was amazing. I thought maybe this was my daughter saying goodbye. Later that morning I got a call from hospice that my friend had passed last night. I immediately said " oh, I wish I could have said goodbye to her". It hit me right away after that what had happened in what seemed like a dream.
I thought is share this because I know the hugs you are talking about here.
Well gotta go to sleep now. Nice thread SW. Peace

That is beautiful capacity, what Lovely shared heartfelt connection you opened one with her...that kind of connection never dies, it lives on in our hearts forever...What a beautiful reflection and gift you received...thankyou so much for sharing, it warmed my heart..:hug3:

Ascension
23-04-2014, 05:58 PM
This is true,all kinds of intentions, we hold unique to each of us come through our acts.
So do you like hugging ascension? :) And what kind of hugger are you?

ignore if you don't want to answer...:wink:

Aww , how can i ignore someone like you ? :hug2:
I like hugging indeed , i am the kind who try to let the energies rise ,
but only recently that i understood who i was and became conscious
of my surrounding .
It make you see things in another level of awareness
at the begining it's hard because it's like learning to re-writing and most of it
by your own .

Love you my friend

Papa Bear
23-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi Silent, :smile:

Although I grew up in a male dominated, aggressive environment, at home and within a Glasgow community rife with violence. When I met my love in my teens, all I wanted to do was hug. And because `she` was/is the source of my self-awakening in-love, I led by example, and shared with everyone I knew and met, to be open to `my` hugs. My Parents, brothers and sisters, friends, workmates, and then everyone who shared my space.

During forty plus years, I have found that strangers become `more` to each other, when their shared hugs, become routine on meeting and departing each other`s company. The nature of hugging was a natural tool, I used routinely to break down barriers between any who shared differences. As it can be the most powerful natural means to an end, when many elements of difference can become sameness in a shared hug.

For it can convey within its sharing, feelings beyond words, even dishonesty can be recognized in a false meaning hidden within a shared hug. As it is the genuine nature of feeling, beyond words, which can be shared within a hug, often so powerful, that the deepest hurt, can be comforted within it. While love itself, can be recognized within its feeling embrace in unity.

I intuitively feel more about a stranger or friend, from sharing a hug with them, before any words are spoken. I could go on and on, as hugging is a natural element of my means of sharing. I will conclude with a simple reflection of its evolution, our oldest daughter has had the nickname, `cuddles` throughout her life, and she is forty one.
`We were `all` strangers until we shared a hug`. :hug2:

silent whisper
23-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Aww , how can i ignore someone like you ? :hug2:
I like hugging indeed , i am the kind who try to let the energies rise ,
but only recently that i understood who i was and became conscious
of my surrounding .
It make you see things in another level of awareness
at the begining it's hard because it's like learning to re-writing and most of it
by your own .

Love you my friend

You have such a beautiful heart Ascension...:hug3:

Yes it is like rewriting or rewiring/reconnecting as I often say. Creating a new love story of your own making, seems a lovely way to open up the new channels when they are flowing and ready...:hug3:

silent whisper
23-04-2014, 10:45 PM
Hi Silent, :smile:

Although I grew up in a male dominated, aggressive environment, at home and within a Glasgow community rife with violence. When I met my love in my teens, all I wanted to do was hug. And because `she` was/is the source of my self-awakening in-love, I led by example, and shared with everyone I knew and met, to be open to `my` hugs. My Parents, brothers and sisters, friends, workmates, and then everyone who shared my space.

Yes papa bear, the awakening into our own emptiness/fullness becomes apparent to those who reflect our self awakening in love at these times. I remember a time where I too had the realization of how empty I was with regards to touch and feeling love/connection through touch. And that example leads you deepen and reflect yourself.

During forty plus years, I have found that strangers become `more` to each other, when their shared hugs, become routine on meeting and departing each other`s company. The nature of hugging was a natural tool, I used routinely to break down barriers between any who shared differences. As it can be the most powerful natural means to an end, when many elements of difference can become sameness in a shared hug.

Yes I understand this space. It can often bridge those differences without words, just feeling and connection in this way.

For it can convey within its sharing, feelings beyond words, even dishonesty can be recognized in a false meaning hidden within a shared hug. As it is the genuine nature of feeling, beyond words, which can be shared within a hug, often so powerful, that the deepest hurt, can be comforted within it. While love itself, can be recognized within its feeling embrace in unity.

Beautifully shared..:hug3:

I intuitively feel more about a stranger or friend, from sharing a hug with them, before any words are spoken. I could go on and on, as hugging is a natural element of my means of sharing. I will conclude with a simple reflection of its evolution, our oldest daughter has had the nickname, `cuddles` throughout her life, and she is forty one.
`We were `all` strangers until we shared a hug`. :hug2:

Yes I understand about what is felt Papa bear, words are often unnecessary for that knowing..yet a hug can bridge any differences into sameness like you have shared...
You are a wonderful role model...:hug3: