PDA

View Full Version : Soul Gardening...

hopeful harry
16-04-2014, 08:39 AM
I've been working with a friend who has his own gardening business these past few weeks.

Mainly weeding peoples flowerbeds while he gets on with the big stuff.

It occurred to me this morning that some of the work I'm currently doing on myself is similar..... Exposing some of the rubbish that's preventing the garden of my soul from growing and getting rid of it.

What am I noticing? The weeds will always come back or be replaced by others. What am I learning? The process of weeding is ongoing. You can never stop. For a healthy soul or flowerbed you must regularly do the work or you'll find yourself overrun once again. :hug:

knightofalbion
16-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Reminds me of the Silver Birch quote:

'Man is the gardener of his own soul. The Great Spirit has provided him with all that is necessary for it to grow in wisdom, grace and beauty. The implements are there, he has but to use them wisely and well.'

Miss Hepburn
16-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Ah, but that still would be focusing on the weeds.
Working within the worldly system...it is
natural to focus on the 'problem'.

In the spiritual world...the focus is on the Goal, not the things that might hinder us.
In a split second our thoughts can change to the highest, rather than looking
at what may be keeping us from the Highest.

(Also reminds me of Col 3:2...Paul advises, "Focus on the things above and not
the things on the earth.")

It may be too Buddhist for this thread, sorry....but it is immediately where
my mind went.

My friend kept talking yesterday about how she wants to forgive, forgive....I said nothing.
My thought was....don't be offended in the first place, then there is no need for forgiveness.

Reminds me of Mother Theresa saying she won't protest
war...but she would support peace. Same idea.

But, I get what you mean, harry, of course....there is just another angle that works
for me....that the
'weeds' are illusive paperchains...not even worth my time.

silent whisper
16-04-2014, 12:11 PM
I've been working with a friend who has his own gardening business these past few weeks.

Mainly weeding peoples flowerbeds while he gets on with the big stuff.

It occurred to me this morning that some of the work I'm currently doing on myself is similar..... Exposing some of the rubbish that's preventing the garden of my soul from growing and getting rid of it.

What am I noticing? The weeds will always come back or be replaced by others. What am I learning? The process of weeding is ongoing. You can never stop. For a healthy soul or flowerbed you must regularly do the work or you'll find yourself overrun once again. :hug:

Your own is yours and in time you learn to love the weeds for what they offer in support of your garden...recycling your weeds into compost, helps to support the flowers in that process and ongoing cycle....so tending to your soul garden only takes love and care and understanding of how all can support the whole soul as one over time all the time. Taking care of others too with this view is a nice way to be too..

Balance is a wonderful way to tend to you and the garden so you have more time for other things in life...:)

Ivy
16-04-2014, 01:22 PM
You are doing a fab job, I hope you will always have such trust in your own insights and let the world and life guide you.

It really is uplifting to read someone sharing their journey again.

running
16-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Here's another outlook. I love my weeds. They are beautiful to me

Lightwaves
20-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Your path is your own. I'd like to offer you some insight I had in my own life.

If we had a spiritual garden I think the only gardening tool we would have is a water bucket filled with focus and attention. The more we battle the weeds with our water bucket the more the weeds can grow. Now say there is another plant that is really pretty and repels weeds. If we would just use our water bucket on that plant then our garden would be more lovely to us.

For example, recently I discovered I was harboring a dislike of living. When I discovered that -- instead of focusing on how much I dislike life and wanting it to change I focused on things I enjoy wherever they were in my life. My dislike of life is shrinking now while my enjoyment I get out of life is growing.

knightofalbion
20-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Ah, but that still would be focusing on the weeds.

Weeds? There are no weeds, only wild flowers whose beauty and wonder are unappreciated by the viewer...

hopeful harry
20-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Since posting this a few weeks ago my view of my weeds has changed somewhat. I am grateful for what they have done for me but my main attention is on the part of my garden that will flourish and become more and more beautiful. If looked after correctly that is x