PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get a few ideas.

Romule
15-04-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm trying to draw up my next tattoo. I wanted to incorporate my Cherokee and Blackfoot ancestry into the tattoo. I was thinking of having a cedar, pine, spruce, laurel, and holly tree growing out a center point into an interweaving circle. Almost like a dream catcher made out of trees.

I'm not too sure about this idea though, I'm going to want alot of detail and my tattoist is still in the learning stage. I was wondering if y'all could help me understand some of the Cherokee and Blackfoots long standing traditions or beliefs. Im not exactly one of their tribe though im also of Irish and Scottish ancestry, along with more Native American ancestry on my father's side, exactly what can't be determined. That side of my families history was destroyed. Some of my family members have gone through the process of checking their genealogy. (My uncle was labeled as a native american while being in the navy and still is. Though both of his parents were determined to be white americans.) I, however, do not have the cash for such things. I've rearched as much as I could on my own and without the need for cash.

Sorry about rambling, I didn't know whether it would be taboo or insulting to get my body inked with something a tribe, that I'm not a part of, holds sacred. So I figured I'd explain my history abit. I simply want to design a tattoo that exhibits my ancestry and honors them at the same time. I read stories about the Raven Mocker but that's a bit too dark, I feel like it would do the opposite of what I intend.

Romule
19-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Damn, completely ignored lol ^~^

Thunder Bow
19-04-2014, 04:00 PM
I am Navajo, thus I can not be of help.

Native spirit
19-04-2014, 09:53 PM
:smile: If the one doing the tattoo is still learning what you ask may be to much for him to do, it sounds like the design for the celtic cross you are trying to achieve ,or just draw what comes from your heart

Namaste

Star Wolf Medicine Woman
21-04-2014, 10:17 PM
If this 'Tattooist' is only learning... I do not think I would want them practising on me ....Let alone anything complicated... They are pretty permanent...

Romule
22-04-2014, 04:16 AM
Meh, my tattooist is my best friend. Not letting him try would be more insulting than him messing up. I can fix a tattoo, it's much more difficult to repair trust in a friendship.

He hasn't failed me yet, and each tattoo is better than the last.

@native spirit, it would be similar to many Celtic designs. The circle will be divided into five parts for the trees to spread through equally until they intertwine on the outside to form a ring around tree perimeter.

Star Wolf Medicine Woman
22-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Well that is ok then if you are fine with it...