PDA

View Full Version : Mudras and symbols

Fidlestix
21-11-2010, 05:16 PM
I hope I am putting this in the right place.

I see this Mudra a lot, it is used in Reiki, Dentoh Karate and I have also seen a rapper use it but what does it mean?

http://www.dipseyaura.com/reiki/

I had to put it on my website as I can not directly upload it on here.

If the link does not work the website is Dipseyaura.com But I will not be leaving the image on there for long.

I would appreciate any answers because I have been trying to get help with this for some time.

Silver
21-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Hakini Mudra
This mudra is said to benefit the brain, third eye and lungs including balancing the right and left sides of the brain and creating cooperation between them.

~I googled mudra image, then finding the right mudra, googled hakini mudra...the above is a brief explanation.

pre-dawn
22-11-2010, 01:39 AM
It is definitely not the Hakini mudra in which all the finger tips connect.

It looks more like Zai (although the fingers should be spread and not together), the Sun-Wheel mudra, the 8th mudra of the Kuji-in, or Kuji-kiri series. The whole series is also known as the 9 seals, or in popular language the 9 seals of the Ninja.

By practicing with this set, you will establish a relationship with the
Universal components of creation: the elements. These elements
are not only physical, they are also spiritual. This Kuji practice is a
basis for the power of manifestation.
Lepine Francois, Qi-Gong and Kuji-In, F.Lepine publishing, 2006
The triangle, as it also appears in the Mandala of the Womb World, symbolizes the fire that destroys all impurities.
At the same time, it is like a type of gateway and especially helpful in becoming one with other beings and things.
Hosak Mark, Lubeck Walter, The Big Book of Reiki Symbols, Lotus Press 2006

pre-dawn
22-11-2010, 02:19 AM
The Nine Hand Seals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuji-in

Fidlestix
23-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Great! Thank you very much for your help. I've tried to find out the meanings for a long time. My Reiki Master didn't know and wasn't interested in finding out.