PDA

View Full Version : Gassing or shooting badgers.

norseman
05-04-2014, 08:25 AM
So, "princess" Anne thinks that gassing is "kinder". How about the third option of just letting them live their own lives without the attentions of the worst species on the planet, Mankind. The TB vector of badger to cow is still not proven. The disease is called Bovine TB for a reason, so the vector is more likely to be cow to badger.
Incidently, now that TB has been found in cats, anyone wanting a major cull there ?

Soul Searching
05-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Carry on down this path and we'll have no wildlife left for future generations to enjoy. Very dumb logic. What about cattle vaccination ...... has this option even been thought about ? ......... all comes down to money again I guess ....... sod the wildlife ....... lets kill it all ........ jeez, as a species we are Sooooooo stoopid. :icon_frown:

Ecthalion
05-04-2014, 09:14 AM
It doesn't surprise me that Princess Anne favours gassing badgers. The royals are not renowned for their love of wildlife. A month or two back, Charles, William and Harry lent their support to a conservation project and then went off for a weekend's shooting!
Leave the badgers alone.

knightofalbion
05-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Bovine TB down 48% in Wales
http://www.badger.org.uk/_Attachments/Resources/1042_S4.pdf

LPC
06-04-2014, 12:24 PM
It doesn't surprise me that Princess Anne favours gassing badgers. The royals are not renowned for their love of wildlife. A month or two back, Charles, William and Harry lent their support to a conservation project and then went off for a weekend's shooting!
Leave the badgers alone.
I couldn't agree more with all that you written.

Belle
06-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Neither gassing nor nothing for badgers. It's unkind and furthermore, it's unnecessary. Badgers form a major part of the eco system. Start tampering with the numbers there and well the knocks ons are terrible.

norseman
08-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Badger in Celtic Lore as taught to young Celts : "The warrior's familiar is the badger, one of the strongest woodland animals, capable of fighting off several dogs. It is an ancient dweller of Albion and knows all it's secrets that reside in the earth. It understands the the power of all that grows in the earth. The badger is a natural warrior, his weapons are his own body, his mind, and his spirit - his courage is strong." The Sacred Circle Tarot.

"Brock" is an emblem of these isles. Think about the ancient dwellers of Britain. The wolf [killed off], the bear [killed off], the badger/fox/ red squirrel [all under threat], the raptors [persecuted to extinction, now being reintroduced], the otter [now thriving again], the beaver [hunted to extinction but being brought back, pine martins, etc, etc, etc. But our biggest crime was the wolf !
How will we, as a species, defend our record at a last judgement ?

There are many groups campaigning against the cull - make sure you join at least one of them and fight for our birthright !

knightofalbion
08-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Bovine TB down 48% in Wales
http://www.badger.org.uk/_Attachments/Resources/1042_S4.pdf

Without killing badgers ...