PDA

View Full Version : C W Leadbeater ~Advice Please~

linen53
04-04-2014, 08:35 PM
I was researching reading material today and found a very old author who wrote books I believe in the 1920's (was he a Bishop?) who wrote quite a few books on spiritual matter.

I've read some of the reviews on Amazon on his books and some viewers say his works are meaty and difficult to get through.

My question is can anyone give me some information on this author and would you recommend any of his writing?

in progress
04-04-2014, 09:55 PM
I've read a little Leadbeater but not enough to make recommendations. I just wanted to mention you can find a lot of his stuff as pdf files online so you can sample his works for free and see what you think.

linen53
05-04-2014, 03:30 AM
Thank you for your input.....I will have to check some pdf files out!!

durgaa
01-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Leadbeater was a theosophist with madame blavatsky. He was an occultist who wrote books on the aura, chakras, thought forms etc.. which contain many pictures of these things.. He was also intrumental in revealing krishnamurti to the world.
l also heard he was a paedophile, but l can't confirm this..

linen53
02-06-2014, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the information. I'll do some researching about it tomorrow.

Limes
16-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Oh, absolutely , go with Leadbeater and Annie Besant, with whom he teamed up to write any number of books, most of which are available for free. Let me see if I can find the link...

ok, here is a whole SLEW of reading :-) I have yet to make 15 posts here (I posted for years on a much smaller (number of people) spiritually-oriented forum, but they gradually got trapped in their own belief system and I don't go there much anymore.

the site is anandgholap.net/index.html

He has compile an enourmous amount of literature.

No advertising, either, (last time I looked... it has been a while since I used that resource)

Their books on thoughtforms is a great place to start, or you might find the books on the astsral plane and then the devachanic plane a more agreeable setting off point.

Happy Travels!~

-Limes