PDA

View Full Version : hearing my mom's voice

direwolf
30-03-2014, 03:46 AM
Was asleep then heard my mom's voice say my name the same way she would do to wake me up..
It woke me up and it was my time to get up.
This happened last year, she passed away in 04
It sounded so real like she was here.
Has this happened to any of you?

primrose
30-03-2014, 07:08 AM
Your mom was letting you know that she is watching over you. I have heard a voice but it was unfamiliar.

Smilealittlebrighter
31-03-2014, 06:04 AM
Was asleep then heard my mom's voice say my name the same way she would do to wake me up..

That's pretty special :hug3:

Spirits have all sorts of ways of communicating their love or feelings for us - through voice, through smell, through touch, through various signs, etc.

Your mother loves you a lot. :love5: Looking after you always.

TheOtherSky
04-04-2014, 05:07 AM

I love this! I've heard my brother not to long ago just as I was falling asleep it was awesome! What a wonderful visit you've had. :hug2:

Tobi
04-04-2014, 05:25 PM
direwolf, that's lovely.
Love never dies. Now and again they come back to show us how much they love us, and care, and time doesn't matter, and there really is no separation where there is love. They don't always mind if we don't know they are there. But it makes them very happy when we do!

Yes, it's happened to me. I heard my husband's voice two or three times after he passed in 1999. Once on the border of sleep. when he told me our dog was with him. And another time in full wakefulness in the middle of the morning. At that time he called a warning to me about a mutual friend we had. I couldn't grasp this, as the friend was okay....anyway it turned out a couple or so months later, that the 'friend' had his own agenda, and was about to do something selfish which involved me.

At the time I didn't know what to make of those voices! Silly me! I didn't believe in Life after Death. I tried to explain them away as something psychological! Oh my....my husband gave me what he'd promised to try to give me when he was dying. Proof of life after death -if he could.
And silly me....I didn't quite get it at the time. How dumb can you get??

Eventually it was my most recent dog who got through to me, and proved to me there is an afterlife for us all....and since then I have had egg on my face concerning my husband. LOL! I know he would laugh at me. But I know now. That's what counts.

nanayaya
10-04-2014, 07:09 PM
A few months ago I was sitting outside one evening around 10pm. I clearly heard my Mother's voice "Kathy, Kathy." There was no one outside @ that time & I first thought I was losing my mind. There have been several times when I was almost asleep that I heard someone whispering in my ear. I have a tendency to hear a lot of things that no one else hears. I have been an intuitive psychic since my early childhood. My Mom & Dad said I had an imaginary playmate and experienced night terrors & sleepwalking from 5 yrs to 15 yrs. I was born on 3/16/59 @ 1:47 am. My oldest Daughter, Faith has the gift of seeing things moments before they happen. Since she was 3 yrs old she's seen spirits & conversed w/ angels & spirit guides. I feel things & can intuitively tell you about a person when I first meet them. I pick upon other's feelings. Sometimes, I wish I couldn't feel some things that turn out to happen. These are dark things I feel about in someone.Oops, kinda got a little sidetracked.

:newbie: * To Thine Own Self Be True. . . William Shakespeare:smile:

chibirabbits
29-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Last night while watching tv in the living room with one of my rabbits and my boyfriend in the bedroom with the other 2 rabbits. I heard my boyfriend call my name. I went into the bedroom and he said he didn't call me. I just shrugged it off.

Guernica
08-05-2014, 06:16 AM
It did happen to me once and my mother is dead too. I don't know what it means but like other said, maybe it's a way of telling us that they're watching over us.

bassjunkie
11-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Awww, that's beautiful. You must feel happy to know your mom is still by your side :)

starling
18-05-2014, 04:52 PM
That's pretty special :hug3:

Spirits have all sorts of ways of communicating their love or feelings for us - through voice, through smell, through touch, through various signs, etc.

Your mother loves you a lot. :love5: Looking after you always.

Spring cleaning I was cleaning a rug we' ve had for ages.

I would swear I smelled my Mum's stepfather's cigarette smoke coming off it. I joked to my folks about it but subsequently wondered...... he would def have approved of what I was doing being a keen DIY er.

OP, sound s like your Mum's looking over you.

I've had one or two experiences just on waking up; these last few mornings actually as taking a break between jobs just now.

edit; I don' t want to be false about it, I've just sniffed the cleaning fluid and I think that's what I was smelling.

Clover
18-05-2014, 05:06 PM

Very sweet to read.

I know if I were to pass on,I would always be around my son and daughter,protecting and comforting them.Always and forever.

pathfinder
20-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Oh absolutely. my Mum often speaks to me- and her voice and manner etc. are exactly as they were when she was alive. She also tells me useful things-which have actually been true though I didn't know it at the time- so listen to your mom's voice- she might be wanting to say something else in addition to your name.

Jin604
22-05-2014, 12:47 PM
It should be your Mom visiting you. She is checking up on you knowing she is there, what a wonderful experience.