PDA

View Full Version : Humans > Cetacceans > ?

r6r6
29-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Humans are the most complex animal.

Cetacceans would be next.

Which animal species comes in third place? Apes, elephants, birds?

r6

Dante1709
29-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Define complex ; in terms of evolution, biodiversity, intelligence?
If you're referring to intelligence, intelligence is a pretty hard thing to study. Some say that cetaceans are more intelligent than apes while others disagree...etc

Generally, the species that are self-aware are the most intelligence ; these are animals that have passed the "mirror test". Apes, cetaceans, magpies, humans and elephants are the only animals documented to pass this test. One could even say that ravens and other corvids could fit into this group as well.

r6r6
29-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Dante} Define complex ; in terms of evolution, biodiversity, intelligence?

I define complexity in two ways;

1) numerical complexity wherein there is and exponential growth/increase of lines-of-relationship to the number dots/nodes/points/vertexes etc....--- n^2 - n.../2 -----

....In this above we could say that since a blue whale or fungus has the most atoms-- numerically speaking they also have the most lines-of-relationship ---they are the most complex numerically speaking....

2) I see intelligence being a synergetic resultant of atoms integral patterns as a biological/soul and specifically the human animal with the most access to metaphysical mind / intelligence. imho

DT] If you're referring to intelligence, intelligence is a pretty hard thing to study. Some say that cetaceans are more intelligent than apes while others disagree...etc

I think, that, for the most part, we can identify intelligence when we see/observe it. To what degree is what we may speculate upon for reason--- "difficult" --- you assert above.

However, in some cases the extremes of access to metaphysical mind / intelligence is easy and obvious differrences in complex mind accessing abilities. imho.

DT] Generally, the species that are self-aware are the most intelligence ;these are animals that have passed the "mirror test". Apes, cetaceans, magpies, humans and elephants are the only animals documented to pass this test. One could even say that ravens and other corvids could fit into this group as well.

Maybe all biolgoicals fit into this catagory I don't know. The simplest nervous system animal is a worm of some sort or another. If I recall correctly.

Female human > male human > cetaccean > ? I dunno which cetacceans are more or less complex to each other.

Again I dunno if apes are next in line or not as I have not researched this in a few years.

r6