PDA

View Full Version : Feeling more spiritually fulfilled when...

Fleur de Frost
26-03-2014, 05:48 PM
You're not thinking about spirituality? Is that possible? I've found so often that I'm interested in learning/absorbing all its relative knowledge. But in retrospect, the moments when I've felt most alive - when I've felt most aware and connected to the universe, when I've experienced a deep sense of oneness - had no direct connection to this knowledge. I was hardly giving it a second thought.

It reminds me a bit of the quote that reads, “You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.”

Does anyone else experience this? Obviously, I'm not discrediting the pursuit of spiritual knowledge - I think it's wildly important in everyone's lives. But if everything in your life is spiritual, can anything really be?
Can't wait to read your thoughts! :)

livingkarma
26-03-2014, 06:22 PM
You're not thinking about spirituality? Is that possible? I've found so often that I'm interested in learning/absorbing all its relative knowledge. But in retrospect, the moments when I've felt most alive - when I've felt most aware and connected to the universe, when I've experienced a deep sense of oneness - had no direct connection to this knowledge. I was hardly giving it a second thought.

It reminds me a bit of the quote that reads, “You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.”

Yes, its possible & its how it should be after the information has resonated it becomes a natural part of one's self ...
Eventually, we find the answers to whatever transition put us on the journey to seek them out ...
Life is a series of transitions, achieving milestones, etc ...
Once we've unlocked the door we are free from burden to go about living life, to make life happen w/a new perspective ...

I do know for some people are just beginning to learn how to live a spiritual life there is alot of experimentation & work in validating their new beliefs ...
Some start off w/questioning everything about the world &/or themself, possibly in effort to find out if they're doing correctly ...
While others try to attach spiritualism to everything they come in contact with, incorporate verses in the daily language unfamiliar to others ...
There are those who refuse guidance & simply want to learn on they own even if they have to suffer from it ...
Whatever gets a person to greater maturity/understanding of life & coping w/it in a spiritual manner is okay ...
Eventually, they'll be able to live spiritually w/out it feeling like a job ...

FairyCrystal
26-03-2014, 06:42 PM
From my experience it goes from acquiring knowledge, then you start to embody this knowledge and it becomes wisdom. When you have this wisdom more and more, by accumulating knowledge -> embodying it, you can experience oneness, your intuition and so on without thinking that much anymore, with less effort. It just happens. Not 24/7 but it gets much easier, depending on how much time you have to 'operate' in the 3D thinking and mental world.

Belle
26-03-2014, 07:28 PM
THis is a great observation. You see, we are human beings first and foremost and we see spirituality reflected in all aspects of life, the higher reaches to things and speaks to us in different ways.

The great thing about not hunting out spirituality and just awakening is the grounding issue. It's too easy to go high and ungrounded when meditation but if being in the moment then you can process much more deeply.

silent whisper
26-03-2014, 09:32 PM

Does anyone else experience this? Obviously, I'm not discrediting the pursuit of spiritual knowledge - I think it's wildly important in everyone's lives. But if everything in your life is spiritual, can anything really be?

Spiritual is a word, language created to give meaning to something, to relate and articulate

Meaning is a word language created to give meaning to something to relate to and articulate a feeling/understanding etc..

So if you take out the words and live your life, both of these things are simply life and how you live yours. So as each of us live according to our own life, honouring all life as it is allows for the interconnectedness to create the fullness of life as one. All of it.

Mr Interesting
26-03-2014, 10:10 PM
I tend to the idea that we live life as honestly us as we can with all it's joys, sorrows and restarts, stopping whatever and within that we'll gain insights, rough and ready, and they'll lead us to knowledge which just enough of can then lead us back into plain old living.

I've always found too much knowledge to be stifling, should be, could be etc so have decided, pretty much, that being un-knowledgeable works best for me, gets me questioning my own view and substantiating any miracles within the context of my own ability to reason and believe then possibly be led to stuff that fills it out.

bkveda
27-03-2014, 06:08 AM

The spiritual experiences we have are experience of communication or connection of our subconscious with the world and beyond. Knowledge is a communication of another persons experience and methods they have used to find those experiences. If one is attuned to any aspect of knowledge, one can experience at least faintly what the person who has written/spoken that knowledge has experienced. Its a way to pass on the frequency of that experience. If one is not able to connect to that experience in slightest of way, one may not be as yet ready for that knowledge, it may still be useful later on.
Yet the experience along is statement of faith. Result of our faith and acceptance. It helps us grow more than any knowledge. So yes “You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.”.

This is something one needs to realise in life rather than in books. Books give us background skeleton but our experience/life fills the gaps. Skeleton isnt very useful is there is nothing else to fill the gaps. All reading with no realisation/change or experience is like hollow life full of egoism.

God-Like
27-03-2014, 10:23 AM
What I have realized is that there is a point of awareness had at all times whilst one is of the mind .

Lets say for instance one finds themselves waking up on a desert island and one has no memory of who they are or where they are .

There is no understanding of any relationship or connection had with what they are and with their environment .

One could not concern themselves with anything that relates to the above quandaries but something always happens where the carrot will eventually dangle before their very eyes, the allurement of the unknown is already preprogrammed to awaken through at particular trigger at a certain point .

You cannot go through one's entire existence not relating self to be something or nothing or not relating self to the meaning of life or sufferings had .

There is peace and contentment within knowings and there is peace within the unknown .

Whats coming is coming, what's happening now is happening now, where one finds themselves in relation to that is where one is at ..

Something will arise if needs be that allows one to eventually entertain another space, that maybe contentment in knowing the workings of self and the universe, it may entertain a space where nothing matters ..

x daz x

Lorelyen
27-03-2014, 11:43 AM

The knowledge and practices are the tools so what you're experiencing outside the 'workshop' is the results of using those tools. Spiritual is a state of being to me, doesn't need a lot of attention to the mechanics as long as you seem to have absorbed and can apply the results of those mechanics. As others have said, 'knowledge' is the result of others' work being communicated. It may be relevant in your firmament, it may not be. Knowledge about you will come from within you.

All good!

livingkarma
27-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Spiritual is a state of being to me, doesn't need a lot of attention to the mechanics as long as you seem to have absorbed and can apply the results of those mechanics.

I believe this is a true in the days when life in general is copacetic ...
During a crisis is the time one dives deep inside themself to look for something to believe it or renew their faith ...
Its years of hard work to maintain one's own spirituality when the test is emotionally & physically debilitating as well as incomprehensible ...
When we are hopeless & helpless to change the circumstances, and the only alternative is to come to terms w/it as a 24/7 job ...
Its the best thing to do when all you have left is faith ...

Stillness_Speaks
27-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Imo, spiritual knowledge is not true or absolute, it is a gigantic mess of ideas, beliefs and systems created and experienced by individuals and groups. The theorys are often contradictory. It does not add up. And everyone think they have the truth in their hands, how it works. So, to let it all go and sit in the forrest and just BE is imo a very good alternative. Some might say that the birds there are just an illusion but it does not matter :smile:

bkveda
28-03-2014, 04:47 AM
Imo, spiritual knowledge is not true or absolute, it is a gigantic mess of ideas, beliefs and systems created and experienced by individuals and groups. The theorys are often contradictory. It does not add up. And everyone think they have the truth in their hands, how it works. So, to let it all go and sit in the forrest and just BE is imo a very good alternative. Some might say that the birds there are just an illusion but it does not matter :smile:

If thats your theory and what works for you, that it is. :)

Royalite
28-03-2014, 04:52 AM
Yes. Because I think knowledge of a thing can get in the way of the essence of it. As much as it's good to explore these things(nothing wrong with curiosity),I think it's unnecessary and can be convoluted. Sometimes we just have to let things come to us. Let things happen.

I find my growth in the mundane things like a new job, or a new relationship, or good audiobook on the subject of fiction. Something like that.