PDA

View Full Version : headaches/migraines

spinnachie
24-03-2014, 05:21 PM
I get horrible headaches and migraines, and I get them fairly often so I am constantly popping advil liquid gels as that seems to be the only thing that works so that I don't have to miss work (personally I think my job has a lot to do with the headaches, go fig!)
I was wondering if anyone has any herbal remedies for headaches so that I can stop relying on advil

smattering
25-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Have you tried massage therapy? I'm a massage therapist and the majority of my clients get what they think are migraines, but what are actually headaches caused by muscular tension. Massage every couple weeks can get rid of them completely.

spinnachie
25-03-2014, 01:15 PM
hmmm I never thought of that, I do find that I am constantly tense...I will check it out...

lovingkind
25-03-2014, 04:01 PM
I just learned that rasberry leaf tea may help to prevent migraines if drank on a regular basis.

spinnachie
26-03-2014, 12:19 AM
im not much of a tea drinker, although i am trying to start...i usually head for coffee ;) but slowly i am learning to appreciate teas and their different flavours so i will have to see if i can find it

elisi
02-06-2014, 03:30 PM
i hardly get headaches but when i feel one coming on, i immediately take a niacin tablet and it staves it off.

no matter what the cause of your headache, the pain comes from the capillaries being narrowed and the blood flow lessening. niacin opens them up. you may feel a 'burn' after you take one, like you have a sunburn. or flushed. but it only lasts a couple of minutes.

i've never had a migraine but perhaps it will help that also. but you have to take it at the onset, not after it's full blown.

at least that's what works for me.

spinnachie
02-06-2014, 07:45 PM
i have ever heard of that, is it something you can get at the drugstore? is it a natural product?

elisi
02-06-2014, 08:03 PM
yes. it's in the vitamin b family.

Lilyth Von Gore
04-06-2014, 06:59 PM
I too get horrible migraines. I can't take any pain killers and I have to be careful withnatural remedies because I'm on prozac.

Night Owl
04-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Lavender oil in an oil burner, and a lil on the temples and wrists, works like magick for me. It relaxes and relieves tension, stress and anxiety - All causes of headaches.

CJ82Sky
18-06-2014, 03:46 AM
recently i had a week long migraine bc i had a horse yank on me and pull my neck out of whack (old injury reaggravated). everything from the vision issues to blinding pain. it was awful. tried everything, percoset, muscle relaxers, rx anit-inflammatories. couldn't drive to get anywhere, had a friend drive me to chiro and then to massage and even that helped some but not completely.

talked to my massage therapist, and ordered Draper Therapies (http://www.drapertherapies.com/) eye pillow and neck wrap in lavender, and i now keep them in the freezer and sleep with them almost every night. no migraines since!!!! love love love their stuff. their fabric helps increase circulation and steady circulation so that with the cold really helped balance the blood flow to my head which was causing the migraine.

i am in love with anything lavender scented, so also using lavender detergent, candles, etc., though idk how much all that helps with the migraines but it sure smells good.

i found out about Draper through a horse post (i own horses) and a rehab center that was using it on olympic horses, and contacted the company to find out more. since then (almost a year now) i've been using a ton of their stuff and actually have two of my horses in their leg wraps as they rehab from injuries, and they are on no bute at all (horse anti-inflammatory and pain killer like aspirin or advil for people), and i'm sitting here in my back brace by Draper because my new horse tossed me on Sat and my back is a mess. i was saying earlier the only good thing about this time is it's my lower back, so i don't have a migraine haha!

good luck - massage, Draper, lots of water, and chiro works for me!

CJ82Sky
19-06-2014, 02:16 AM
And TENS! Using my TENS unit on my lower back right now (unrelated to migraines, but i use it on my back and shoulders and neck when they're bad as well).

joyfirst
19-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Two herbs - Wood Betony tincture ( I buy them from Oregon company, Liberty Products-I think it is called this, they have large bottles, and their prices are much lower) and fresh Feverfew leaves (taste not that great (I eat French Sorrel after to kill the taste, one leaf a day.) This is not something you take in the middle of attack, you want to take them regularly to prevent them.

Badger1777
19-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Rosemary oil is great for headaches and migraines. I massage it direct onto my forehead, temples, and just under my nose. Don't use it neat if you have any cardiac condition though.

I presume if this is a persistent problem you've been to see a doctor though? I don't wish to be alarmist but frequent migraines can be an indicator of underlying problems that need to be addressed.

Xiomara
16-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Schuessler salt 7.magnesium phosphate,it can ease the pain almost immediately

FruitLoop
17-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Doctors for a check up if you haven't been recently:

Rosemary, peppermint, lavender or grapefruit (grapefruit more for hangovers or fuzzy headaches where your head needs clearing. Peppermint lavender and rosemary, not necessarily all blended together, are very soothing for headaches if used as a compress).

Massage of the upper shoulders/neck/scalp if caused by tension.

Exercise - walking or yoga. Both clear the head, yoga is very relaxing and very much a mind-body workout.

Meditation can help if the headache is caused by a busy head and overwhelming thoughts.

:)

Native spirit
22-08-2014, 09:13 PM
:smile: If I had a headache asi was growing up my grandmother always cut a lime in half and rubbed it on our foreheads it worked too.thats one sujestion .

Namaste

bhoyay7
12-05-2015, 02:20 PM
a good daily intake of water will usually prevent headaches/migraines...i used to suffer from migraines myself for years, then realised that they were mostly triggered by being dehydrated...water certainly helped in my experience.

Golden Eagle
03-06-2015, 08:35 PM
I get horrible headaches and migraines, and I get them fairly often so I am constantly popping advil liquid gels as that seems to be the only thing that works so that I don't have to miss work (personally I think my job has a lot to do with the headaches, go fig!)
I was wondering if anyone has any herbal remedies for headaches so that I can stop relying on advil

Feverfew daily!

Relucent
03-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Oxygenation. Super hydration.

Try it out for a week and you will notice results.

Faith33
13-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Oxygenation. Super hydration.

Try it out for a week and you will notice results.

This really works....coming from a life long migraine sufferer.

dream jo
13-06-2015, 09:30 PM

hi get bad hed akes 2 obas oll cud hlp it cud or codml prcodmls

birds
13-06-2015, 11:23 PM
Consume things that thin the blood and avoid those that thicken it, especially when having an attack.

wliloa
18-06-2015, 03:52 PM

Since you may think work is the root of the problem, why don't you meditate before you go to work. This doesn't have to be anything big or special. Just sit in silence for about 20 minutes before. Eliminate thinking of anything negative and just think of the positive that is going to happen at work. See by how you change your perspective of the situation, your physical health optimizes. Hope this helps. Migraines are the worst.

Leviosa Crimson
20-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Magnesium oil has helped me. Low magnesium levels were causing all sorts of issues for me from migraines to muscle pain and kidney stones.

Ravenspirit
20-06-2015, 11:23 PM
If you are prone towards actual migraine headaches you might want to switch to decaf actually. Caffeine can help some headaches, ironically, that's why Excedrin helps for some people, but when it comes to migraines it can cause them. It's a major trigger food for some people who suffer from them. For me it's often caffeine, chocolate, tuna, tomatoes, nitrates, like in bacon, lunch meats, wine and thing with a lot of MSG. If you do a food diary for a while and note in it when you have headaches you may find out that some food you eat has been triggering yours.

birds
22-06-2015, 10:27 PM
If you are prone towards actual migraine headaches you might want to switch to decaf actually. Caffeine can help some headaches, ironically, that's why Excedrin helps for some people, but when it comes to migraines it can cause them. It's a major trigger food for some people who suffer from them. For me it's often caffeine, chocolate, tuna, tomatoes, nitrates, like in bacon, lunch meats, wine and thing with a lot of MSG. If you do a food diary for a while and note in it when you have headaches you may find out that some food you eat has been triggering yours.

It sounds like yours may be caused by high blood pressure.

Mr Interesting
24-06-2015, 04:59 AM
This might be worth a read. (http://www.inner-truth.net/healing/chakras/crownchakra.html)

I have an old friend who regularly suffers from migraines and as my my insights into myself progressed I suddenly had one about his migraines and went to see him to talk about it and amazingly he was completely rude to me the whole day and we never discussed it.

He says he has faith in God but it suddenly struck me that his faith was dependant, as in having God do what he wants, and that all the energy was blocking his crown chakra... migraines.

Funnily enough I haven't really seen him since and the few times I do he hurriedly puts me down and without really saying says my ideas are stupid so there's obviously a part of him that knows I'm right!

dream jo
24-06-2015, 07:14 AM
This might be worth a read. (http://www.inner-truth.net/healing/chakras/crownchakra.html)

I have an old friend who regularly suffers from migraines and as my my insights into myself progressed I suddenly had one about his migraines and went to see him to talk about it and amazingly he was completely rude to me the whole day and we never discussed it.

He says he has faith in God but it suddenly struck me that his faith was dependant, as in having God do what he wants, and that all the energy was blocking his crown chakra... migraines.

Funnily enough I haven't really seen him since and the few times I do he hurriedly puts me down and without really saying says my ideas are stupid so there's obviously a part of him that knows I'm right!

i get hed akes i dp smll of obas hlps put so dze codml strng pin killts dr giv me
plus iv notd i sum tims get a vilnt atj hed ake wen sum thng bad is gona happn

tht mzn its nsty 2 u i wud avod him tht man u wer speekn abot avod him lk a bad hed ake he dnt sond nise he dnt

MRS.HASKELL
26-09-2019, 03:38 PM
my sister currently suffers from headaches she had bad migraines since she was 11 still no reason why or a way of relief

MRS.HASKELL
26-09-2019, 04:03 PM
hey there, that is a good question. there are many ways to cure a headache.
I found a video on you tube that explains a few simple ways on how to cure headaches.
I've tried many different ways to cure this.

click on that link and on there is a link to a video that gives you some great tips.
e you land on the page, click where it say's I am not a
robot and then you will be redirected to the YouTube video that shows how to cur headaches.

bernard1978
09-10-2019, 10:30 AM
There is currently no single cure for migraines. Treatment is aimed at preventing a full-blown attack, and alleviating the symptoms that occur.

Lifestyle alterations that might help reduce the frequency of migraines include:

getting enough sleep
reducing stress
drinking plenty of water
avoiding certain foods
regular physical exercise
Some people also find that special diets can help, such as gluten-free.

Consider seeking further treatment if the above changes do not relieve the symptoms or frequency of migraines. The treatment of migraine symptoms focuses on avoiding triggers, controlling symptoms, and taking medicine.

Markriba
13-10-2019, 03:29 AM
Hi there....... There are actually many ways to cure headache and migrane at home also.
I have found a link that explains a few simple ways on how to cure it.
I've tried many different ways to cure this. Here's a link that gives some great tips

https://dausel.co/rfM3HH[/url]
Click on that link above and once you land on the page, click where it says "I am not a robot
and then you will be redirected to the website that shows how to cure low blood pressure at home.
Thank you , I hope this works for you

adbag
14-10-2019, 05:31 PM
Avoid hot dogs. Diet plays a vital role in preventing migraines.
Apply lavender oil. Inhaling lavender essential oil may ease migraine pain.
Try acupressure. Share on Pinterest.
Look for feverfew.
Apply peppermint oil.
Go for ginger.
Try biofeedback.

adbag
14-10-2019, 05:34 PM
This will also help much.
Avoid hot dogs. Diet plays a vital role in preventing migraines.
Apply lavender oil. Inhaling lavender essential oil may ease migraine pain.
Try acupressure. Share on Pinterest.
Look for feverfew.
Apply peppermint oil.
Go for ginger.
Try biofeedback.

tammora50
17-10-2019, 04:00 PM
thanks too much