PDA

View Full Version : People that see the future- negative predictions

huggermomof2
19-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Hello all! I am currently facing a few challenges in my life and was hoping for positive outcomes. However, i have encountered people who claim to see futures, and have been told that things are going to be very hard. Can this be right as i am ordinarily a positive person and focus on positive things. I am scared! Blessings

SunSister
19-11-2010, 07:45 PM
The hard challenges, in my opinion, serve as the most wonderful teachings once you have made your way through them. :smile: Remain focused on the positive outcome and everything will fall into place accordingly.

LightFilledHeart
19-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Hello all! I am currently facing a few challenges in my life and was hoping for positive outcomes. However, i have encountered people who claim to see futures, and have been told that things are going to be very hard. Can this be right as i am ordinarily a positive person and focus on positive things. I am scared! Blessings

I would take any such information regarding the future with a HUGE grain of salt. First of all, I do Tarot readings, and there is a row in the card spread that pertains to the future. I tell my clients that what that means is this: based on the energy patterns that are in place today, and IF they remain in place, this is what is LIKELY to happen! You can change it (for better or worse!), and so can any number of variables, because human beings have free will choice and are not locked into a pre-conceived destiny. We do all come in with a Soul Plan, yes, but we have the perogative of changing some or all of the details of said plan if we opt to go in another direction. Anyone who tells you they can predict the future with total accuracy is lying. It's not possible.

The other thing is this... fear is a powerful magnet!! Do not fear what that person predicted for you.. rather choose not to manifest it and draw in a more POSITIVE unfolding instead! If you spend a lot of time focusing on what the "hard times" this person predicted, you can end up creating them simply by virtue of the powerful energy of the fear factor magnetizing them right to you. That is what is meant by the old adage, "That which I feared the most has come upon me!"

Decide what you want you future to be like, and begin putting into effect the steps necessary to get from here to there. Focus on positive outcomes and positive unfoldments, and whenever you feel yourself falling into that fearfull, passive state, shove it off with the statement, "No! Cancel, cancel, cancel! That is NOT my reality!" and substitute positive statements instead. You steer the course of your own ship, not another and not fate. Take charge of your life!

Wishing you a beautiful, bright, joyous and light-filled future :hug:

psychoslice
19-11-2010, 09:41 PM
These nuts have all ways been around predicting the end of the world, I think they must have no life and the life they do have must be pretty boring. They project their misery to the further because thats all they can see, they also drag down those as yourself who are positive about life and the further to their level, take no notice of them and let them be in their own misery, This world is heaven on earth, all you have to do is to realize it and live it.

mac
19-11-2010, 09:47 PM
There are people who claim all manner of things and most will be wrong. Some may guess right but guess is all they do. They have no more insight into your future than you do or I do.

To heed their words is to give them a respect they do not deserve.

Roselove
19-11-2010, 11:30 PM
i have heard negative and have anxiety over it as well, i think manifesting requires blind faith.. just know that no matter how hard the situation is you can find a way out, sometimes we have to pull some spritual stirngs etc work harder against fate but it can be done! try to focus on the lsosn, ask yourself why you attract these things, work on raising vibration etc

Gracey
19-11-2010, 11:39 PM

fear is the worst thing to do. keep postive and if the predictions are right, you are better prepared for knowing ahead. dont assmue it is correct, but be prepared for the situation in case it is.

no matter how positive you are, life brings challenges, be prepared. thats all you can do.

Chrysaetos
20-11-2010, 09:04 AM
These nuts have all ways been around predicting the end of the world, I think they must have no life and the life they do have must be pretty boring. They project their misery to the further because thats all they can see, they also drag down those as yourself who are positive about life and the further to their level, take no notice of them and let them be in their own misery, This world is heaven on earth, all you have to do is to realize it and live it. Great post.

What bothers me with predictions, is that these seers love to brag when they had a correct prediction, but when they were wrong (which is of course most times) they just forget it. If you are going to make 100 predictions, of course some are true eventually. The mind only wants to focus on the correct predictions, and thus creates a picture where it thinks it's always right..

psychoslice
20-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Great post.

What bothers me with predictions, is that these seers love to brag when they had a correct prediction, but when they were wrong (which is of course most times) they just forget it. If you are going to make 100 predictions, of course some are true eventually. The mind only wants to focus on the correct predictions, and thus creates a picture where it thinks it's always right..
Good one Chrysaetos, sooooo true.

mac
20-11-2010, 09:54 AM
"What bothers me with predictions, is that these seers love to brag when they had a correct prediction, but when they were wrong (which is of course most times) they just forget it."

If prediction accuracy doesn't reach a certain level of accuracy, it ain't prediction so much as guesswork....
A similar situation applies to healing - when 'healing' can't be seen to have happened, it's often claimed that it can be in ways, or at levels, we are missing.

I see it simpler - if it isn't like the term 'healing' we usually understand (a cut finger or a broken limb for example), don't call it healing. :rolleyes:

Choose another word.....

Gracey
20-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Great post.

pretty judgemental, i take it that you and those who agree never saw into the future yourselves.

mac
20-11-2010, 02:10 PM
pretty judgemental, i take it that you and those who agree never saw into the future yourselves.

....and have never met anyone who could demonstrate that they can either....

Perhaps you're different? I'm always happy to be proven wrong in such matters.

Perhaps we wouldn't be so judgmental if we had authenticated evidence?

mac
20-11-2010, 02:35 PM
One might debate whether those most ready to accuse others (of being judgmental, egotistical etc) are, in their own condemnation of others, demonstrating such fallibility in themselves...

Chrysaetos
20-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Where did I say that? I'm pretty tired of people who make predictions, and when their predictions don't occur, they just forget it. Mind you, when 21-12-2012 has come by, people will fixate on another date.

I could check out any astrological predictions and conspiracy predictions and see how many inaccuracies have been made. In stead of thinking about the future, take a look back in history and see what was predicted.

Silver
20-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Mac, Rosewater and Gracey ~ excellent responses and messages, so many people express concern and worry over such predictions and unnecessarily end up wringing their hands over it ~ the 'what ifs' and allowing one's self to stand in fear and apprehension of the worst is what throttles you.

mac
20-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Yes if it's 'just for fun' and nothing happens it doesn't do much harm but as Silvergirl mentions, it can be a source of continuing worry for vulnerable people.

Some practitioners genuinely believe they can predict the future and will make money from it. Others know they can't but still make money suggesting they can. Caveat emptor as always...

Yet others seek to ridicule anyone who questions a claimed ability without themselves providing a scrap of authenticated evidence in support.

Gracey
20-11-2010, 04:50 PM
One might debate whether those most ready to accuse others (of being judgmental, egotistical etc) are, in their own condemnation of others, demonstrating such fallibility in themselves...

you are funny mac:smile: there is ot condemnation....just observation with out emotion.

i do see the future and i have nothing to prove to anyone.
the first time i told someone and when it happened, they were full of fear. from that i learned to keep silent, save the time when a loved one crossed over showed me her son getting into a car wreck, she wanted him to know she was with him and after it happened, i let him know his mom was with him in the spirit of love.....i showed him my records of the future i keep and the date i wrote it. he was greatful. i did not do it to glorify myself in anyway, i did it to comfort him.

believe it if you want and if you dont it does not change that fact that i do see. and believe you me, it is not the easiest thing to live with.

Gracey
20-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Where did I say that? I'm pretty tired of people who make predictions, and when their predictions don't occur, they just forget it. Mind you, when 21-12-2012 has come by, people will fixate on another date.

I could check out any astrological predictions and conspiracy predictions and see how many inaccuracies have been made. In stead of thinking about the future, take a look back in history and see what was predicted.

ha ha ha...i agree, people are fixated on doom and gloom,,,,i just let that inforamtion go. no need to keep getting upset about it, you are only hurting yourself when you do.

:smile:

mac
20-11-2010, 05:26 PM
you are funny mac:smile: there is ot condemnation....just observation with out emotion.

i do see the future and i have nothing to prove to anyone.
the first time i told someone and when it happened, they were full of fear. from that i learned to keep silent, save the time when a loved one crossed over showed me her son getting into a car wreck, she wanted him to know she was with him and after it happened, i let him know his mom was with him in the spirit of love.....i showed him my records of the future i keep and the date i wrote it. he was greatful. i did not do it to glorify myself in anyway, i did it to comfort him.

believe it if you want and if you dont it does not change that fact that i do see. and believe you me, it is not the easiest thing to live with.
Gracey it does not lead to a useful interchange if you're dismissive of others.

Speaking on a forum results in responses and what makes for a good debate is where you take the responses and answer them...

Of course you don't have to prove anything to anyone but an interchange can be enlightening.

You speak of seeing the future and I spoke about making predictions.... There is a difference. :wink:

Creditably you hold back for fear of upsetting others and don't do it for personal gain - that I respect.

Perhaps I might encourage you to explain a little more? From what you say you see events which come to pass. Do all the events you see come to pass? If so, in what time frame and circumstances? Are the events personal in nature or widespread in impact?

Leah85
20-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I agree with Gracey: no matter how positive we are, life brings challenges to everyone.
And it doesn't seem to me that we can change all our entire Soul Plan details - if we could, there wouldn't be a meaning at all in having a Soul Plan!
There are people who were given the gift of seeing the future, which is different from predicting it by other means (Tarot, runes, etc).
We shall pray and we shall choose always the best possible path, knowing that there are many different ways to reach the same path. I do believe there are many possible paths and we can choose them, but the final outcome most times we won't be able to change.
With this I mean you will have to go through by whatever you are meant to, good or bad, but that doesn't mean the person who told you that is right.
And even if she is, the final outcome is what matters the most, and you were only said you would go through hard times, not that the rest of your life would be hard, right?
I wish that all your dreams come true and your future is much brigther than anyone could ever guess!:hug3:

Gracey
20-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Gracey it does not lead to a useful interchange if you're dismissive of others.

Speaking on a forum results in responses and what makes for a good debate is where you take the responses and answer them...

Of course you don't have to prove anything to anyone but an interchange can be enlightening.

You speak of seeing the future and I spoke about making predictions.... There is a difference. :wink:

Creditably you hold back for fear of upsetting others and don't do it for personal gain - that I respect.

Perhaps I might encourage you to explain a little more? From what you say you see events which come to pass. Do all the events you see come to pass? If so, in what time frame and circumstances? Are the events personal in nature or widespread in impact?

ah yes mac, predictions are different. those i never make.....never thought to, my bad on the words there.

i have been keeping records since the year 2000. and what i have learned that when i see things in objectivity, i see clearly.....
when i see with fear, i see cloudy, and when it happens, i realize that. actually, that is how i use to see sometimes, cloudy, i have learned a lot since then.
a little over 90 perecent of what i see comes to pass. it is a wide range of things, from personal to world events to the movement of the cosmos.....and so on.
and when i write what i see, i do not put any belief in it being true, i remained detached and objective.
i use to struggle silently a lot with things i would know, and i mean a lot. somethings can be a burden, but i have learned that silence is the best thing to do....and when something bad does happend that i saw, all i can do is be there for them with stregnth in love. and if its bad in a worldly event, i am merely a recorder, nothing more.
i have seen lots of good stuff too...when i die, i plan to give my recordings to my children. both my parents, my exhusband and my eldest child see too, but they are in fear or do not want the responsibility. so i leave my records to them, so if any of them may find what they need to from it.

o as far as the time frame, it could be that instant it is happening and up to in my experience 17 years ahead. i have seen my death, but that has not come to pass yet in my current state of consciousness.

mac
20-11-2010, 06:32 PM
ah yes mac, predictions are different. those i never make.....never thought to, my bad on the words there.

i have been keeping records since the year 2000. and what i have learned that when i see things in objectivity, i see clearly.....
when i see with fear, i see cloudy, and when it happens, i realize that. actually, that is how i use to see sometimes, cloudy, i have learned a lot since then.
a little over 90 perecent of what i see comes to pass. it is a wide range of things, from personal to world events to the movement of the cosmos.....and so on.
and when i write what i see, i do not put any belief in it being true, i remained detached and objective.
i use to struggle silently a lot with things i would know, and i mean a lot. somethings can be a burden, but i have learned that silence is the best thing to do....and when something bad does happend that i saw, all i can do is be there for them with stregnth in love. and if its bad in a worldly event, i am merely a recorder, nothing more.
i have seen lots of good stuff too...when i die, i plan to give my recordings to my children. both my parents, my exhusband and my eldest child see too, but they are in fear or do not want the responsibility. so i leave my records to them, so if any of them may find what they need to from it.

o as far as the time frame, it could be that instant it is happening and up to in my experience 17 years ahead. i have seen my death, but that has not come to pass yet in my current state of consciousness.

thank you for that, Gracey. Very illuminating and some food for thought. You've shown me I have to think more inclusively.

I wonder why some have to carry this burden?

Mind's Eye
20-11-2010, 06:39 PM
I have found that when spiritual and religious people all jump on a certain trend, just the opposite usually happens. So if everyone is predicting that times are going to get bad..... they will probably get better.

I could be wrong, but this is generally what happens. I wouldn't fret too much about it.

huggermomof2
20-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I think i misled you by using the word -prediction- these people are church going folk and are christians, so not sure if that lends them credibility. They also sometimes say, that if we pray 4 you, the bad things will not happen, so i wonder if we still have the power to attract positive outcomes, despite what is seen?

LightFilledHeart
20-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I think i misled you by using the word -prediction- these people are church going folk and are christians, so not sure if that lends them credibility. They also sometimes say, that if we pray 4 you, the bad things will not happen, so i wonder if we still have the power to attract positive outcomes, despite what is seen?

Their being "church people" gives them no greater credibility in my book. Nobody has the market cornered on communing with the Maker...! They are no more likely to have God's ear than you or I. Anyone can speak to God and be spoken to in return. Whatever they think they've heard, my guess is it is not directly from the mouth of God, but rather an interpretation of scripture... written BY MEN, and interpreted BY MEN! That doesn't qualify as the "word of God" in my opinion. But regardless of where they're getting their "predictions", NOBODY can accurately predict the future. There are too many variables. But fear is a wonderful magnet, so if you choose to align yourself with fearful doom and gloom prophecies, you are likely to attract exactly that. Reality is a slippery thing. It is created by belief and emotion. Two individuals can be standing side by side, each one experiencing TOTALLY different realities and completely unaware of what the other is experiencing...! Choose what you want to see in the world, and align yourself with that... focus on THAT... invest your energy in THAT! Make sense? Someone else praying for you is not going to change the reality you bring to yourself... only your actions, beliefs, desires and intent can do that!

Gracey
21-11-2010, 01:27 AM

if i were you, i would ask god to allow you to see what it is you are ready to see and do not be attached to the outcome.....as my dad always said when it comes to the earth and things on it, dont belive everything you see and hear. go to god with this yourself, he will not lead you astray. the power of postive thinking will get you very far in life, even when strife knocks at your door, you will be able to handle things better. please dont give your power away to others. look within, to god.
what is written is written.
:hug:

Sir Neil
19-09-2022, 05:12 PM
The only things you will experience are those which you believe in and place your attentions on. The things which fortune tellers see are only POTENTIAL FUTURES, and it’s up to you whether you want to energise them. If not, then start to believe in the positive opposite, and you will manifest that as your experience.

Sir Neil
24-10-2022, 10:00 AM

If you are ordinarily positive, and focus on the positive, then that is what you are going to attract; it doesn’t matter what anyone else says. You are under the law of your own consciousness. Whatever you think about or focus on is what is going to happen. This goes for little things in your life, and also for big things.

You can intend these positive things in advance, or be grateful for the positive outcome in advance. If you have something going on and you want a positive outcome, you can either picture it happening in your mind, or script it in the present and give it a happy ending. Then give thanks for the positive outcome in advance. The LOA will work it all out and make that outcome happen for you.

Remember that the Universe/Higher Power is bigger than anything going on in your life or in the outside world, so it doesn’t really matter what anyone else is experiencing. All that matters is what you are focusing your thoughts upon.

lostsoul13
26-10-2022, 12:29 PM
Your title threw me off… I didn’t see the future (2mins-2 hours) until 1000 reincarnation… I used it to bet … putting my winnings on the team that will win- although you need to take people that see the future with a pitch of salt .. the future can always change- the butterfly affect says purpose of that!