PDA

View Full Version : Ego in the way

Lovenlight216
18-03-2014, 09:27 PM
I'm beginning to develop the healer in myself and find myself not believing the nudges, the Divine talking with me, or the intuition I experience.

Anyone remember what is was like for them in the beginning that would be willing to share with me how you learned to stop discounting everything that happens?

My teacher just tells me to honor it but always in the back of my head, no matter how many times it is true, I trivialize things that come to me.

Belle
18-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Do you keep a journal. It's always worth reading through experience.

Lovenlight216
18-03-2014, 10:49 PM
I do Belle!
I even wrote the other night - 'if I don't believe this proof is really the Divine speaking to me I'm crazy"
Then the next day I heard a voice and told myself it was just me talking. I just can't get 100% comfortable yet and I want to.

silent whisper
19-03-2014, 06:00 AM
I'm beginning to develop the healer in myself and find myself not believing the nudges, the Divine talking with me, or the intuition I experience.

Anyone remember what is was like for them in the beginning that would be willing to share with me how you learned to stop discounting everything that happens?

My teacher just tells me to honor it but always in the back of my head, no matter how many times it is true, I trivialize things that come to me.

In the beginning opening up was totally confusing and the voices in my head was like my own personal jamming session with myself and friends. In the beginning I went with what was occurring because I didn't have the ability to discern what was the deeper connected intuition speaking through the jamming session. Once you allow yourself to feel and let go of all feelings, you deepen to hear the deeper voice within you. its quiet and like a silent whisper...:wink: Often in the confusion state, I could tell you I was in my head literally hearing the voices. but as I let go and sorted through all that was flowing and being created by me, the real voice arose from a deep place down within me, almost to the core/sacral chakra space. This was a step by step process that unfolded in a way for me to *KNOW* the difference.. until now of course, it just is, I listen and share its there always everywhere I am..there is no need to know where it is coming from now. The other thing is try not to create ideas or stories around the flow of voices, just listen, feel and let go if you need. Let them arise without too much analzing of what it all means.

Lovenlight216
19-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Wonderfully said- thank you!

Belle
19-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll - I learnt the real hard way - from making probably every mistake in the book, from trusting trusting trusting with all the confidence of the youth. And my fingers got very very badly burnt.

Look at your ego, your beautiful precious ego that is protecting you from making the mistakes, from giving yourself away, from running before you can walk, make friend with the ego who is doing this for you and ask it to work with you and guide you and alert you - and you must honour and respect your ego in return. As it is the ego who has kept you safe, the lack of honour and respect we provide to the ego - which is an aspect of the self - makes it shout louder for our attention - which I am guessing is what is happening now.

I work with my ego to keep everything in check and I acknowledge the hand it has in my work. My ego thrives but in the way it was designed to do, not to harm or prevent growth but to enable me to be the best I possibly can.

Tanemon
19-03-2014, 07:25 PM
I think you've been getting some good replies.

I'm a little unclear with your opening post. You use the term "healer" and it makes me wonder if you mean the function within you to heal yourself? to heal other people? both? - but if both, are you feeling the need to heal yourself first?

Also, are you working with a method to develop the healer in yourself?

Assuming that the way you expressed your question in your OP is the way you'd still be comfortable with, if you were writing it again... It leads me to feel you might get responses of value to you if you started a thread on the Healing subforum (here at Spiritual Forums).

Wishing you the best on your path. :smile:

Holly
19-03-2014, 09:03 PM

It's a phase every psychic has to go through. It's how you keep your sanity while your perception changes the whole world around you. Try not to believe to disbelieve it. Try to just experience it and take what you can from it.

One day when you've had enough proof your brain will go 'BAM! So this is my new reality, where psychic stuff is real, just another part of life...makes so much sense now...'

It took me three years of daily communication with my guide to even begin to believe in him. I had BIG problems, I thought I was crazy. I even went to the doctors because I was hearing a little voice in my head. Doc told me I was sane and admitted he had no idea what the voice was, LOL :D

Here's one for you. Every night an invisible angel takes off his shirt and gets into bed beside me. He puts his arms around me, kisses me goodnight, chats to me until I feel sleepy, then holds me while I sleep. When I wake up he's still there, ready with advice to information about the day. How can something so consistent (every night for years!) not be real? Yet I still don't completely believe it. It's best I don't, it means I still have a reasoning, thinking, logical mind and therefore I'm more likely to stay functional for longer;)

There's one other thing to consider. Experiences like this do alter your reality. They can actually send you into shock. They can cause you a lot of distress, make you ill. Not believing what you sense psychically is sometimes a psychological tick to retain your self control and your functionality.

I wouldn't mess with it. Just try to live with what you've been given.