PDA

View Full Version : Should my son have Reiki?

shellmari
08-03-2014, 12:42 PM
My son has recently become very sensitive and is able to sense and communicate with spirits. He is experiencing much anxiety and panic as a result of many spirits trying to get through to him. He is still trying to understand what is happening to him and desperately wants to be able to control it. He is a college student and finds it difficult to focus on studies. He does have good periods where he asks to be left alone and for the most part this will work. He is in a good place right now...my question is this...Reiki was recommended for him so I scheduled an appointment. Will this help him? Will this disrupt his "good place" he is in right now...? I want to do all I can to help him understand and control this ability . I guess I need to understand exactly what will happen during a Reiki session. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much

Tanemon
08-03-2014, 03:58 PM
The effect of Reiki has been described as gentle and sweet. The overall tendency of a Reiki session is to promote wellbeing, and most people feel (certainly by the end of the session, and very often all the way through) that it is a soothing experience that enhances those aspects of a person's life that we all regard as healthy.

vespa68
08-03-2014, 04:38 PM
I would say that reiki will protect him and raise his vibrations.

Belle
08-03-2014, 06:47 PM
I would suggest not to raise his vibrations but look to advise him to get seriously grounded. ANd reiki can help with that - the energy will go where it will.

How old is your son, it has to be his choice?

vespa68
09-03-2014, 09:30 AM
If he gets a feiki attunement it will raise his vibratios automatically and i dont see why that would be a bad thing.

Belle
09-03-2014, 10:02 AM
If he gets a feiki attunement it will raise his vibratios automatically and i dont see why that would be a bad thing.

Reiki does not necessarily raise your vibrations - an overused term. If you need grounding, you will be grounded. You cannot sustain high vibrations without deep grounding. There is too much emphasis on this high vibration which dishonours mother earth and adds to global warming in my opinion. High vibrations take you into deeper instability which is why you need grounding.

shellmari
09-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Thank you everyone for your input and advice...much appreciated.

tainamom
09-03-2014, 11:55 PM
reiki attunement can help. one has to be a good instrument through their heart so that those beings can stay away from him. problem with that is that we tend to get out of that state and they can come near, therefore we must practice often.

another problem could be that it's part of the learning process until he lets go. he'll have to stop talking about, stop thinking they're coming back, stop looking or expecting them because that's an invitation.

also, if he can see them, he'd have to ask Source (use whatever name you call the highest Source of Love/Creator) to remove the gift of sight - very helpful.

when you open your heart and practice learning to feel the joy, love and peace within your heart and you share with others, the love radiates and provides a protection.

if your son is interested in a free usui reiki level 1 attunement, he can look up my teacher, irmansyah effendi and free usui reiki level 1. irman sends an attunement every 1st of the month at 6:30pm-6:45pm your local time. after the attunement, he can make the intention to channel usui reiki and do a self-healing/energy balancing session everyday for at least 15 mins. he can even channel to his living quarters to clean the space.

enjoy and have fun practicing.

Twin Lightz
10-03-2014, 09:03 AM
It sounds like he may be going through an awakening process. I'm basing this on what you mentioned about him starting to communicate with spirits...

If he is gifted, which is sounds like he is, then yes it will be all too new to him and very confusing if he had no idea that he possessed these gifts. He may be a medium or an empath if he is able to feel or sense their presence.

If he is going through an awakening, he would not need a reiki session or an attunement... just your support and/or guidance :smile:

WhiteWarrior
10-03-2014, 01:53 PM
I thought reiki was mostly about healing on various levels? Since your son seems to have mainly mediumistic talents, 'healing' him would increase his wellbeing but I don't see how it will help him tackle the continuous spirit approaches. Perhaps he would be better off coming to this forum himself and learn a few techniques to control his 'front door', so to speak.

Belle
10-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Ps. Nobody *should* have reiki. Everyone would benefit from it. In my opinion.