PDA

View Full Version : Gender of the True Self?

Neenu
06-03-2014, 08:10 PM
I've been reading a lot here on SF and on other places about the Higher Self and Guides. Some say that the connection to the Guide is actually you connecting with your Higher Self. So if I connect and talk to my guide I would actually be talking to a part of my self. Here comes where I get the questions going. If I am female and my guide is male, and allegedly a part of me, what would then the gender of the actual True Self (combined sum of all Selves) be? Is it genderless? Do genders exist at that level or is the True Self just a manifestation of being a part of "oneness", hence no genders.
This became a bit more philosophical than where my usual thoughts lie, any input or ellaboratio is welcome :smile:

revolver
06-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Male and female are only what is needed to reproduce as a human being, our true self has no gender, we are pure Consciousness, its only when we arise from the Source that we need dangley and non dangley bits.

Lorelyen
06-03-2014, 09:12 PM
You'd be talking to a very different part of yourself in a place where gender ceases to matter. Your guide would probably manifest in a higher state of consciousness which you reach in the usual ways.

Touched
06-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Yours is a very good question Neenu.

The answer depends on the level of consciousness you are speaking of. At the highest levels of consciousness, that is, the closer to Oneness and Universal Self you go, Spirit is genderless.

For many issues you will be speaking to a guide with, however, they will not only concern higher consciousness but many also will concern life on earth. At that level of consciousness, issues can strongly concern the spirit behind gender. Exactly how that manifests will of course be highly personal.

Bear in mind that Spirit is not like the Physical realm. Communications can be very fluid and dynamic, presented one way one time and another way another time. Reflection is always a good idea after a meditation to try to understand as much as you can from an experience. Keeping a journal of your meditations is an excellent idea. I have continued to learn from my experiences even years afterwards.

Some beings you will meet will be aspects of yourself, and some will not. All of the aspects of yourself can be said to be your true self, but if you think about it they cannot be your complete self - only your 'complete self' can be your complete self. :smile:

We all have aspects of male and female gender. You might meet a guide who is very fatherly, for example, and that would most likely just be the fatherly archetype you have incorporated into your psyche from your relationship with your father. Spirit always knows what it wants to say, and just how to say it to convey what needs to be conveyed, even if we have the hardest time understanding it.

If gender issues come up in your meditations, then it clearly indicates you have a gender issue to work out. Listen to what the experiences have to say, then reflect carefully on them.

Good luck! :hug3:

Rah nam
07-03-2014, 01:08 AM
No, Guide and higher self are not the same, when you will start talking to your higher self, I assure you, you will know.
No, there is no gender as such , but the Self has energy preferences.
Whan tar the being I am a part of, appeared to me as a male, Rah nam has a male preference, I have a friendship with a being, and will not give her name, she has a preference toward the feminine.
The higher we move in vibration, the lesser the distinction of masculine and feminine.

wstein
07-03-2014, 01:23 AM
I've been reading a lot here on SF and on other places about the Higher Self and Guides. Some say that the connection to the Guide is actually you connecting with your Higher Self. So if I connect and talk to my guide I would actually be talking to a part of my self. Here comes where I get the questions going. If I am female and my guide is male, and allegedly a part of me, what would then the gender of the actual True Self (combined sum of all Selves) be? Is it genderless? Do genders exist at that level or is the True Self just a manifestation of being a part of "oneness", hence no genders.
This became a bit more philosophical than where my usual thoughts lie, any input or ellaboratio is welcome :smile: Despite what many believe, there are many types of higher selves. The most common for humans is of a spiritual nature. Beings of a spiritual nature do not have only one gender. Most are fairly gender neutral. In actuality, they encompass all the aspects one might associated with a specific gender. Though your higher self (also true for many other non-physical beings) may present to you as having a single gender, typically that is only to better fit your preconceptions easing interaction. It is not all that uncommon for them to appear in other forms once you get more comfortable with their presence. This would include the 'other' gender and also different species.

revolver
07-03-2014, 01:33 AM
I think its just the gender that we project onto the higher self, maybe we like to talk to a male, or female and that is what is projected, when in truth there isn't gender at all.

Neenu
07-03-2014, 06:57 AM
I think its just the gender that we project onto the higher self, maybe we like to talk to a male, or female and that is what is projected, when in truth there isn't gender at all.

Or would it be so that the higher self just chooses the form it thinks we believe we listen to better? That being said the 'lower' we are on the development scale, the more biased we are and therefor need to hear the messages in a certain way. The more 'developed' we get, the bias lessens and we are more receptive to the truth coming from in a neutral/true source.

Neenu
07-03-2014, 07:33 AM
If gender issues come up in your meditations, then it clearly indicates you have a gender issue to work out. Listen to what the experiences have to say, then reflect carefully on them.

Good luck! :hug3:

So far I cant say that they have come up. Funny enough I work in a very male dominated line of business. The other day I did not meet another woman all day untill at 5 pm at the airport on my way home from a customer meeting. I would not say that it is an issue to me, but sometimes I see that me being a woman in my thirties running a company in a very mansdominated industry can sometimes unfortunately make men nervous and act up. I see my 'workself' genderless, I'm here to run the business it does not matter what gender I am, decissions need to be taken and business has to go on.

I much rather think of people in therms of their abilities and strengts, not as representatives for a gender.

CSEe
07-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Perhaps "your" higher self is you , " your" lower self is also you ...the one is high because of you , the one is low because of you ...is always you something you do not need to find ...something is you always ...perhaps is realization of your self not knowledge of your self.....

Touched
07-03-2014, 11:49 AM
So far I cant say that they have come up. Funny enough I work in a very male dominated line of business. The other day I did not meet another woman all day untill at 5 pm at the airport on my way home from a customer meeting. I would not say that it is an issue to me, but sometimes I see that me being a woman in my thirties running a company in a very mansdominated industry can sometimes unfortunately make men nervous and act up. I see my 'workself' genderless, I'm here to run the business it does not matter what gender I am, decissions need to be taken and business has to go on.

I much rather think of people in therms of their abilities and strengts, not as representatives for a gender.
Interesting! Perhaps your interest in the question is more subtle than you realize - perhaps, understandably, you feel the unspoken tension of your being a woman in a male dominated industry and are trying to better understand how to ease that tension? Or, conversely, and again understandably, you might find it a bit of fresh air to hang out with other women a bit more often?

Having a 'genderless' workself is all well and good, but this is an ideal that IME is not the cure-all that people might think, requiring as it does an 'accommodation' of self in realization, when the reality is that we are actually all men and women, after all.

I'm not saying that men and women can't work together perfectly well, but you say yourself it is a 'mansdominated' industry - why is it the woman who has to accommodate by sacrificing her gender identity? Why can't people work together and at the same time just be who they are? I'm sure the men would never admit to being 'genderless' under the guise of getting along, or any other guise for that matter. They would say they are 'working men', first and last. They would deny that that has anything to do with gender - but you know how we are. :D

You have made many sacrifices over the years, and now some subconscious part of you has become 'gender curious', perhaps feeling it is time to grow back some of what you have given up. Perhaps, your 'genderless' work identity is taking a subtle but real toll after all, and it is something your spirit - which is your PERSONAL EXPRESSION, in many real ways - is moving you to address. After all, if you are your 'workself' 24 hours a day, well then, when are you your actual self?

Perhaps, your next challenge - to integrate your true self and maintain the social positions you have earned - is upon you.

someguy92
07-03-2014, 12:40 PM
To tell you the truth, we do have genders, but in higher realm its somewhat different, in higher realms beings do have chosen wich polarity male or female, ying or yang...for instance your demi gods who are male, have yang vibrations while demi gods who are female just have ying vibration. You see our higher self is not genderless, this is bad misconception. Our higher self has both genders in one, we have the whole spectrum in us. Every man has a womans side and every woman has a male side, this is natural, we are not genderless and never were, we both have estrogen and testosterone, but your gender at birth dominates wich side of the spectrum you choose. Imagine it as a pallete of colours a box with all colourfull penicls, your blue penicl is man, red pencil is female and imagine that you are the whole box, you just choose wich polarity you dominate with, you can even change estrogen/testosterone levels with what you do and your mindset...thats why alot of people have gender crisis, but the truth is simple, we have both, we are ying and yang, we are complete. Many people thing they are female trapped in mans body and they are right, because we have that female self, only when you truly accept both ends of one spectrum, you will trully be free and have no gender crisis, you will just take what gender you are born with, because you have everything already. At creation of our souls, they are perfectly balanced, they are not purely male or female, they are already both, but they have perfect balance, but trough your experiences and lifes you choose wich polarity, ying or yang you will choose, wich will be the more dominant one. Imagine it as we are perfectly neutral, but you have to choose a side, there is no middle ground. Once we choose our polarity, it ussually stays till every incarnation and even when you rise in soul level. For instance I had few female past lifes, but I liked life as a man more, so I choosed male polarity and I am sticking with it.

revolver
07-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Or would it be so that the higher self just chooses the form it thinks we believe we listen to better? That being said the 'lower' we are on the development scale, the more biased we are and therefor need to hear the messages in a certain way. The more 'developed' we get, the bias lessens and we are more receptive to the truth coming from in a neutral/true source.

Yes that is how I see it also, that was more or less what I have already said.:smile: