PDA

View Full Version : bumps in the road need some guidance

TheCollegeD
06-03-2014, 12:09 PM
hey everyone,first post here. i've been on a spiritual development kick for the past 3 years which has had its ups and downs. i was on youtube one day and saw the psychic twins and was immediately drawn and i got their psychic intelligence book which then opened me to chakras. needless to say i began to study and practice different new agey things like chakra balancing, tarot, and psychic intellect for development and guidance(i had just finished a brutal college experience and was left with few friends and no direction) long story short my journey over the past 3 years has led me to a lot of instability, i got a job at johns hopkins, my own place in baltimore at 22, and acceptance into a graduate program. these things sound great and i felt at the time my new found spirituality helped guide me but my moods are all over the place and i do not gel well at all with baltimore. i'm not sure if it's my current job(i work with the most mentally ill individuals in the usa) the negative energy of baltimore city, i'm not spiritually strong enough, or a combination of all three. i know it's a lot, but I've been isolated too long and i need some feedback from others. much appreciated too.

Lorelyen
06-03-2014, 10:38 PM
It sounds like you need things to bolster your spiritual strength. Why aren't you getting on in Baltimore? Lack of friends, people you know? Just a negative psychic atmosphere? Because, if you mean you're socially isolated and are working with the mentally ill, it could be because they/the work is draining you physically, emotionally and mentally - in which case you must take some kind of a break. It would be all too easy for work like that to close you in. I'd suggest positive affirmations as a start. (Don't expect them to work immediately but over a period of time they work. There's a sub-forum here dealing with affirmations.) But you also need to look out for things that give you optimism and an uplifting of spirits.

I know a little about the (spiritual) energy centres - the chakras - but working closer to the Tree of Life I do the Middle Pillar Exercise as a means of cleansing. (Basically the Sushumna pillar with just 5 chakras.) But I sometimes worry that people can run into danger critiquing and attempting to manipulate their own chakras without knowledge of the energy system of which they form a part. It's easy to delude oneself and come to a flawed diagnosis if trying to root out trouble.

A serious study of the Tarot is a good route to spiritual development, but so are lots of things in ones life that leads them to a better understanding of themselves, reaching for ones selfhood - writing poems, novellas, dancing. You could look on these things as a journal to review from time to time. Even prayers (in the magical sense they can be looked on a highly focused affirmations) and awareness that within you is a "guide" who would help...you may never meet the guide, she or he may not manifest as a person. Then again, they might and in time you'd make contact. Meditation, contemplation and prayer. Anything to make good your penultimate sentence about not being spiritually strong enough. Basically, get to know that every day can and will be better in some way and build confidence and optimism. So, if there's more to tell, please tell!

Neenu
07-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Hi there,

Here are 2 cents. I can remember being in my early twenties and being overwhelmed by all the choices, responsibilities and possibilities around me and feeling lost and drained. I know there is little comfort when I say things are going to get better, but they are. Try to keep in mind that life never throws you a bigger challenge than what you can handle. This thought has helped me throug over many hurdles over the years. What also helps me when things get rought is to do something small every day that I enjoy. For me this is to spend time with my family, work out, read, listen to music, go for a walk... something that I know I like and that will make me feel a bit better. Also knowing that there is someting to look forward to brightens the day for me. Try to find out what would work for you...

As you allready are familiar with the chakras, have also you been doing grounding and shielding excersises? So as not to be effected as much by the negativities around you, you can build a shield around you that will protect you in your daily life.

:hug:

TheCollegeD
07-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Hi there,

Here are 2 cents. I can remember being in my early twenties and being overwhelmed by all the choices, responsibilities and possibilities around me and feeling lost and drained. I know there is little comfort when I say things are going to get better, but they are. Try to keep in mind that life never throws you a bigger challenge than what you can handle. This thought has helped me throug over many hurdles over the years. What also helps me when things get rought is to do something small every day that I enjoy. For me this is to spend time with my family, work out, read, listen to music, go for a walk... something that I know I like and that will make me feel a bit better. Also knowing that there is someting to look forward to brightens the day for me. Try to find out what would work for you...

As you allready are familiar with the chakras, have also you been doing grounding and shielding excersises? So as not to be effected as much by the negativities around you, you can build a shield around you that will protect you in your daily life.

:hug:
I appreciate the reply,i have been attempting grounding and sheilding meditation but i have a tendency to forget, i'm going to make this a daily ritual though.

FallingLeaves
08-03-2014, 05:50 AM
What also helps me when things get rought is to do something small every day that I enjoy.

I think so too. It really made a difference when I started making time for myself even when things were going badly. Small rewards on a regular basis was a very welcome change.