PDA

View Full Version : Could emotions cause a light bulb to pop?

O
01-03-2014, 02:11 AM
I apologize if this is listed in the incorrect section. Please let me know if it is.

I'm interested in getting opinions on this experience that I had.
I was in my bathroom one morning getting ready for work doing my hair, makeup, and such, while thinking about past events and of loved one that had somewhat recently passed. I was not thinking positive thoughts. I was angry thinking about certain things that had to do with that deceased person and how they could have or should have done things differently and that there would have been a better outcome. Although, I didn't and don't feel anger towards that person because I understand that they did the best that they could. The anger was more about the situations and other's involved. Anyway, while I was thinking this stuff to myself, getting upset, the light bulb in the ceiling light in the bathroom popped and went out. It startled me, and I immediately stopped what I was doing. Looking into the mirror in front of me, I saw a trail of smoke float down from the light and disappear like when you blow out a candle. I thought to myself and silently said, "ok, I get it. Stop thinking that stuff. Stay positive." and finished getting ready, somewhat just blowing it off as a simple blown out bulb and partly feeling that I or the deceased loved one did it.
When my boyfriend and I got home from work that evening, as he was heading for the bathroom, I told him that we need to replace the bulb in the bathroom because it burnt out this morning, but before I could finish that sentence he flipped the flitch to turn the light on. And it turned ON! It worked perfectly fine and has ever sense.
I heard it pop. I saw the smoke, and it was out.

So, does anyone have any thought on this one?

Kaere
01-03-2014, 02:14 AM
Yes, in my experience emotions and the energy that goes along with them can pop light bulbs. Sometimes there are more prosaic reasons though, like power surges and such. I think it's best to rule out the prosaic reasons before leaning towards anything more than that... but an open mind about it all is a very good tool for understanding what's going on around you :smile:

SpiritCarrier
01-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Yes this is very possible. Spirit sometimes uses things like this to remind us that positive thoughts are what keep us going, negative thoughts can cause us to crash and sometimes burn.

I have made windows blow outward in anger so a light bulb is definitely possible. Anger is such a terrible emotion and maybe the person you were thinking about wanted you to see evidence of that with the light and smoke.

Peace and Light,
SC

Lorelyen
01-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Then again, it could just be a loose contact in the light/light fitting. My bathroom light keeps going out, usually at inconvenient times! It needs just a slight tap to get it to work again - but then it does sometimes come back on by itself. It needs only the tiniest gap with one of the contacts to stop working.

Tanemon
01-03-2014, 11:41 PM
I agree that coincidence could have been involved - a "common sense" ordinary
explanation. On the other hand, I've encountered quite a few people on this and other spiritual/metaphysical forums who have had experiences where it seemed their mood or personal-energy state in a certain moment directly related with an electrical disturbance, including lights going out (or even on !).

You might find this SF thread interesting:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=44470

Adept
02-03-2014, 05:00 AM
No, unless the emotion was anger and you smash the light bulb there's literally no possible way emotion will pop a lightbulb. Now maybe it was imaginings like ritual work, or a realistic dream, not sure. It's a cool experience though, remember it.

Gem
02-03-2014, 05:06 AM
I apologize if this is listed in the incorrect section. Please let me know if it is.

I'm interested in getting opinions on this experience that I had.
I was in my bathroom one morning getting ready for work doing my hair, makeup, and such, while thinking about past events and of loved one that had somewhat recently passed. I was not thinking positive thoughts. I was angry thinking about certain things that had to do with that deceased person and how they could have or should have done things differently and that there would have been a better outcome. Although, I didn't and don't feel anger towards that person because I understand that they did the best that they could. The anger was more about the situations and other's involved. Anyway, while I was thinking this stuff to myself, getting upset, the light bulb in the ceiling light in the bathroom popped and went out. It startled me, and I immediately stopped what I was doing. Looking into the mirror in front of me, I saw a trail of smoke float down from the light and disappear like when you blow out a candle. I thought to myself and silently said, "ok, I get it. Stop thinking that stuff. Stay positive." and finished getting ready, somewhat just blowing it off as a simple blown out bulb and partly feeling that I or the deceased loved one did it.
When my boyfriend and I got home from work that evening, as he was heading for the bathroom, I told him that we need to replace the bulb in the bathroom because it burnt out this morning, but before I could finish that sentence he flipped the flitch to turn the light on. And it turned ON! It worked perfectly fine and has ever sense.
I heard it pop. I saw the smoke, and it was out.

So, does anyone have any thought on this one?

Yep, ask an electrician about the lights and wiring gremlins, but at least the event made you much more conscious of your thoughts ay.

Sassy
02-03-2014, 01:25 PM
I take it that you've ruled out the obvious like a dodgy switch or fitting?

I thought I'd done the same thing in our hallway the other day - and it turned out that the other switch (we have 2 switches for the bulb I was turning on) wasn't turned off properly.

We also have a dodgy power outlet in the same area

Could there also be some other energy that might affect the bulb in question? The reason I ask this is because a number of years ago, I opened a portal by my computer and late one night, my speakers suddenly started to talk to me... although my computer was switched off (I'd left the speakers on) and I was sat across the room knitting.

O
02-03-2014, 02:55 PM
There aren't any issues with the wiring, breakers, etc. I remember it quite clearly. It wasn't a dream, ritualistic, or a figment of my imagination. The light made a 'pop'

sound, the bulb went out with the pop, and a thin wave or line of smoke floated down from it. Later that day, the light & bulb worked perfectly fine, without any

issues, and still does. But thank you all for the suggestions and your personal stories.