PDA

View Full Version : Feeling lost and missing something

Koishii
28-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm new here but hopefully this will help me to find what I'm missing. To make a long story short I am Native American and my husband practices Druidry. I used to live in the States and had a wonderful Teacher. We are still in touch but not as much anymore she still lives in the States. I came to Canada to be with my husband. When I was in the States I was a huge part of a Native American Tribal Group and since coming here I haven't been able to find anything like that here to join or be a part of. It's left me feeling a bit lost. Apparently here the Native Community is into sharing their ways as it was back in the States. My husband is willing to share his ways with me and we have found his ways and my ways blend quite nicely together but it still feels like I'm missing something.

I can't explain it and I put my finger on it. I've been researching different belief systems and am feeling pulled to some of the Wiccan ways but I feel a conflict within myself over it. I know this doesn't make any sense I guess I'm just hoping if I write it down it will make sense.

I love my culture and I respect my husband's culture as well but I feel a little lost like I have to find my path again. Did I take a wrong turn at Albacurky? I don't know. I can't seem to concentrate or clear my mind lately. I've try to meditate but it's not working and it's driving me crazy. There is too much snow to go outside and put my feet in the earth and sit next to a tree and let Mother Earth flow through my to help clear out the cobwebs.

Anyway I'm not sure what I'm looking for but I'll know when I find it. Not sure what else to say except thanks for listening.

Felisha

God-Like
28-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi Felisha .

I think the feeling of something being missing is a good sign .

Eventually 'everything' in your life to some extent won't fulfil you, you move beyond being the native american, the wife, the druid, the mother, the human being or whatever one identifies one's self as being .

The something missing usually turns self within self, to what degree is each to their own but some find solace within anything at such times and are grateful for the next best thing to come along ..

I spent years feeling as if something was missing and it really boiled down to at the time a sense of not knowing myself even when I thought I did .

x daz x

Koishii
28-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Hi God-Like,

Ya know that makes a lot of sense actually. I had cancer several years ago and it was bad I was almost at the terminal stage but I'm still here and have been blessed enough to not have it return. During that time I was forced to face myself, my own mortality and had to take a long hard look at myself and I'm glad that I did. I came to realize that I had to embrace but the negative and positive aspects of who I was and I was at peace with that.

So maybe I need to take that trip inside myself again. I have been feeling very lost and putting everyone else's wants and needs ahead of my own. Maybe I need to spend some time with me again.

You've given me something to think hard on and a place to start. Thanks I don't know why I couldn't see it myself. It may not be everything I need but it's a beginning.

Felisha

God-Like
01-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Hi God-Like,

Ya know that makes a lot of sense actually. I had cancer several years ago and it was bad I was almost at the terminal stage but I'm still here and have been blessed enough to not have it return. During that time I was forced to face myself, my own mortality and had to take a long hard look at myself and I'm glad that I did. I came to realize that I had to embrace but the negative and positive aspects of who I was and I was at peace with that.

So maybe I need to take that trip inside myself again. I have been feeling very lost and putting everyone else's wants and needs ahead of my own. Maybe I need to spend some time with me again.

You've given me something to think hard on and a place to start. Thanks I don't know why I couldn't see it myself. It may not be everything I need but it's a beginning.

Felisha

Hi Felisha

It does appear to be so where one self contemplates in the presence of sufferings had . A sense of a lack of something in our lives whether it be peace, love, well-being or whatever ...

Perhaps when one is joyful and in love one is more carefree and is less inclined to self evaluate .

I think the stronger the pull of something missing or lacking within one's self or within one's life the more one tends to act upon it rather than not .

welcome to the forums by the way :)

x daz x

Belle
01-03-2014, 01:02 PM
The earth's energies is very rattled at the moment so don't be too hard on yourself if you don't feel as if you belong, if you feel unsettled or ungrounded. The solar flares is having a major effect on the earth - focus on the solar chakra and find your own true power.

bkveda
02-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Hi Felisha .

I think the feeling of something being missing is a good sign .

Eventually 'everything' in your life to some extent won't fulfil you, you move beyond being the native american, the wife, the druid, the mother, the human being or whatever one identifies one's self as being .

The something missing usually turns self within self, to what degree is each to their own but some find solace within anything at such times and are grateful for the next best thing to come along ..

I spent years feeling as if something was missing and it really boiled down to at the time a sense of not knowing myself even when I thought I did .

x daz x

Identifying self with native american, wife, etc causes us to limit our belief system to that boundary. Moving beyond is like freeing our self and expand beyond. When we believe we are something we limit or put boundaries that are bound to create dissatisfaction. Only way is to create a bigger boundary when the one we have becomes smaller. It will happen gradually when we allow it.

Whats missing could be found when we expand or allow it to flow from unknown. Know that we are at the best possible situation to grow every moment of our life.

God-Like
03-03-2014, 07:42 AM
Only way is to create a bigger boundary when the one we have becomes smaller. It will happen gradually when we allow it.

Whats missing could be found when we expand or allow it to flow from unknown.

Hi bkveda

I think what happens happens, When something comes to a head then one cannot stem the flow of what needs to be heard and seen . I resonate with your allowance quote, but I also feel something at times can grab the bull by its horns and suggest an uneasy passage or at the very least a bumpy ride from the road of the unknown to the known ...

x daz x

bkveda
03-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Hi bkveda

I think what happens happens, When something comes to a head then one cannot stem the flow of what needs to be heard and seen . I resonate with your allowance quote, but I also feel something at times can grab the bull by its horns and suggest an uneasy passage or at the very least a bumpy ride from the road of the unknown to the known ...

x daz x

bumpy ride happens all the time. when we are not wise n sensitive enough to understand n accept destiny to make the best of the opportunity. destiny has a way to guide us by grabbing bull by the horn. allowance to grow by giving self broader better boundaries of identity is a way to cope up and accept the lesson being thought by destiny much simple n easy.

God-Like
04-03-2014, 08:11 AM
bumpy ride happens all the time. when we are not wise n sensitive enough to understand n accept destiny to make the best of the opportunity. destiny has a way to guide us by grabbing bull by the horn. allowance to grow by giving self broader better boundaries of identity is a way to cope up and accept the lesson being thought by destiny much simple n easy.

I think the wisdom and the sensitivity you speak of comes with experience, one needs the bumpiness to appreciate or at the very least recognise the smoothness ..

It can take an age to realize that there is only self but in the meantime one can continue to seemingly blame everyone and everything else for why the road is bumpy .

x daz x

bkveda
06-03-2014, 03:00 AM
I think the wisdom and the sensitivity you speak of comes with experience, one needs the bumpiness to appreciate or at the very least recognise the smoothness ..

It can take an age to realize that there is only self but in the meantime one can continue to seemingly blame everyone and everything else for why the road is bumpy .

x daz x

Yes experience does play important part. More important to me personally was knowledge, meditation, right company and sense of giving (earn blessings?). All of them helped.