PDA

View Full Version : Poorly/ill cat :(

Lucid68
27-02-2014, 12:36 AM
Can't get this poor little kitty out of my head ...

I came home after a night shift and there was a cat tucked up by back gate, I was expecting it to run off but it didn't. I sat in my car watching it and could see that it's breathing was laboured, I went to it and it purred its heart out, I took so much pity on it that I took it to a local vet, it was very underweight and anaemic and had had a collar on at some point that had rubbed the fur off its neck :(

I can't get this poor cat out of my head, it seemed like it was waiting for me, bless it x

Jenny Crow
27-02-2014, 03:46 AM
How nice that you cared enough to help this poor little creature. I hope there's nothing too much wrong with him - and it's quite possible that he was waiting for you:smile:

linen53
27-02-2014, 04:04 AM
Been there and done that. I used to do janitorial work at our local library. I would go out for a smoke half way through my job. There was this small cat that would yowl into the night. Spine curdling sounds of loneliness and pain. I tried to coax him to me but he was wild. Long story short I finally got a live animal trap and attracted him with some left over roast beef.

We had him for 6 years but he was badly damaged and we finally had to have him put down. But his time with us was the happiest he had ever had. I still mourn his loss and my decision to have him put down.

Jenny Crow
27-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Lovely story, linen, thanks for sharing. It's nice that he had some good time with you.

Tobi
28-02-2014, 12:36 AM
Lucid68,
How fortunate that you were there to help this cat. He (she?) obviously appreciated your kindness and help, to shower you with purrs. I hope the cat can be helped back to fitness. It doesn't sound like a feral cat, by the reaction to you, and may have strayed from a loving home. I wonder if its caretaker can be found? I wonder if it is microchipped?

Linen....that was a lovely story about how you rescued that lonely cat, gave him a good home with love. Poor little thing.

lost wolf
28-02-2014, 05:41 AM
Few months ago found a kitten on the side of the road. He was small and only weighed about a pound. Luckily I was already on my way to the pet store and picked up formula while I was there. Poor thing was so scared it hid under the seat. When I came back and was waiting for my boyfriend to get out from the store next door I pulled him from under the seat and put him in my lap and said to him "as soon as we get home im going to give you some milk" he started purring really loud and started rubbing on my face he was so excited he started climbing up on to my shoulders and doing cirlces around my head. On the drive back my boyfriend had a hard time keep the kitten from distracting me since I was the one driving. I did 60 in a 40 cause I was paniced about how much this kitten weight cause I guessed his age at 2 months. The goofy thing was so happy once we got him in the house he ran after my two other cats and fell in to the side of my oldest scaring me. So my oldest quortez ran and the kitten we call rogue chased after him so happy to have company and thats how it was for a few weeks. I had to teach him to use a little box and at night if i didnt take him to bed with me hed wake me up after finding out i went to bed and would pull my hair untill i pushed him under the covers and held him like a teddy bear and hed purr happily the whole time.We couldnt find who ever lost him so we kept him and took him to the vet he had a nasty upper respatory infection and really bad worms. But with the formula I combind with his food for a few days he gained weight quickly and learned he was actually a month older then I thought. Eventually my other cat loki took rogue as his son. Loki teaches rogue how to get in trouble and rogue plays with loki then cuddle as close as they possibly can . That kitten was ment to be in our lives even after I asked the universe no more cats please after having two handfuls.

Jenny Crow
28-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Another lucky kitten:smile:

Tobi
28-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Lost wolf! That's a wonderful story about Rogue! He sounds so happy, among his new family!

lost wolf
28-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Yeah im a sucker as a kid I was always finding strays and bringing them home and luckilyfinding their families again. Its nice to know that there are others out there doing the same. I watched 6 cars pass an by rogue. they obviously saw him but never stopped.

linen53
01-03-2014, 12:06 AM
I am so glad rouge found you lost wolf!!

primrose
01-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Bless you for being so caring. :hug3: