PDA

View Full Version : is anything or anyone real but me?

adamm[]
26-02-2014, 07:25 PM
alot of strange things have happened to me, basically i saw all of my thoughts or thoughts associated with the main concept of what i was thinking or studying come to life. I got into end of the world type "studying" and it became more and more convincing and i believed in it somewhat until finally I saw a tv commercial saying that the world was ending. I couldnt believe my eyes and thought i was insane. ive had alot of less scary thoughts come to life as well.

So anyways, if people act according to how i think they will, and talk about what i think about, how can they be real?

Is life just a dream? Is anyone but me real?

youngers1810
26-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Im begining to wonder what is real i think alternate dimensions on same time line are over lapping with each other as from what ive seen since my awakening so yes what do we class as real .
Life ? Life could be a test we might spend our whole life trying to figure out whats real ive recently started a diary of my experiences of awakening it helps my mind .

wstein
26-02-2014, 08:54 PM
'] Is life just a dream? Is anyone but me real? Actually you may not be 'real' in the sense that you might be part of the dream too.

Most of life is an illusion (waking dream), of this I am sure. There is some debate that it might ALL be illusion, never having existed at all. Personally I see lots of evidence that little has any actual substance to it. As to if there is actually anything 'real', I am leaning towards no. However, I haven't completely resolved this issue yet.

Arcturus
26-02-2014, 10:12 PM
supposedly people are only real/alive/individual post "enlightenment". which is kind of odd cos being one is usually thought of as losing individuality. prior to that you're just an expression of the human stream of suffering- the outward garb might be slightly different from person to person, but essentially, we're all the same cos until we step outside of that stream (via "enlightenment"), we exist in it only and this stream is common to all of us. and what is common to all cannot also be individual.

it does seem like we're awake but its zombie living dead compared to direct perception.

when you say, "is it only me?"...who is me? what we think of as "me" might be being experienced by everyone else..with a slightly different skew point and name.

thought this was good:: The stream of humanity is anger, hate, jealousy, seeking power, position, cheating, corrupt, polluted. That is the stream. Of that stream is my brother John. When he existed physically, he has a physical body, but psychologically he was of this. Therefore was he ever different from this? From the stream? Or only physically different and therefore thinking he was different. You follow my point? I question whether there was ever a separate John.

A7continuum
26-02-2014, 10:19 PM
']alot of strange things have happened to me, basically i saw all of my thoughts or thoughts associated with the main concept of what i was thinking or studying come to life. I got into end of the world type "studying" and it became more and more convincing and i believed in it somewhat until finally I saw a tv commercial saying that the world was ending. I couldnt believe my eyes and thought i was insane. ive had alot of less scary thoughts come to life as well.

So anyways, if people act according to how i think they will, and talk about what i think about, how can they be real?

Put things in perspective, there's only so many things people can talk about.. and if you can tell how someone will react maybe your just learning...

A7continuum
26-02-2014, 10:20 PM
You ever consider how you might not exist?

A7continuum
26-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Perhaps your just looking at your self.

BurningBush
27-02-2014, 12:46 AM
The minds of others are undetectable by you in the physical world. Regardless of your doubts, I'm sure that some part of you believes that there are others. This belief could be backed by faith or it could be created by fear, but even fear points to a belief in an external reality. To the extent that you can feel them, the minds of others exist as subsets of your mind. If someone expresses a thought to you, whether you accept the thought or not or can relate to it depends on your own thoughts. When you perceive another person to have a feeling about something, it's your feeling.

Can you predict everything about the world of sensory perception? Probably not. To me that indicates that there is at least something outside of your consciousness. This doesn't necessarily mean that there are other individual consciousnesses, but it does mean that there is an external reality of some kind. Even if you don't know what it is, to quote Jed McKenna, "Truth exists."

Nameless
27-02-2014, 02:17 AM
Hmmm...it's an excellent question. I have definitely had that thought, but I think (:) now that it is more that we are all "playing" together in these physical bodies we have manifested, and all of "our" source non physical bodies, souls, whatever you want to call it, are seeing through our eyes. What's cool, I've found lately, is that if I feel really, really good, I can "see" other people from a place of great love, like it doesn't matter really what they are doing, good or bad, I just love them.

But to your original question, I would recommend Seth Speaks (if you are into the nonphysical beings explanation of what we are) and Abraham Hicks, which I think is an extension of the Seth Material (all channeled).

Seth confounds me, exhilarates me, constantly invigorates me with the possibilities and probabilities, and it is all way over my head, but the more I learn the more I learn and I am beginning to understand that we really do create our own reality, and I am finally beginning to like it.

Like this thread - is there a like button?

Albalida
27-02-2014, 04:54 AM
']alot of strange things have happened to me, basically i saw all of my thoughts or thoughts associated with the main concept of what i was thinking or studying come to life. I got into end of the world type "studying" and it became more and more convincing and i believed in it somewhat until finally I saw a tv commercial saying that the world was ending. I couldnt believe my eyes and thought i was insane.

The world didn't actually end, though, did it?

ive had alot of less scary thoughts come to life as well.

This is a common sentiment with other people, too. I could say that I am real and you, adamm, are just something that I thought up of.

I guess there's a fine line between relativism and solipsism, that is, recognizing that we can't think up of anything outside of our experience (so, for example, a person who has felt envious will always accuse others of being motivated by envy because they can't imagine people operating in any other way), and surrendering to it ("my truth is the only truth and I can be cruel to everybody else without consequences, because it's not really cruelty if they're not real").

Emmalevine
27-02-2014, 12:55 PM
I often get the sense that none of this is real, including myself as I know me.

Mandelyn
27-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I also have had that feeling after staring in a mirror. Our existence here on Earth can sometimes be hard to explain or our existence at all. But I have come to my personal belief that we feel existential at times because our spirits feel separated from the Source (God, the Universe, or however it is identified) in this incarnation. We are, imo, parts of a greater whole and because our physical incarnation requires a physical vessel on a lower plane from where our spirits reside. We are of course all connected to the Source but our separation is perceived, as I have come to understand it, which may make us feel we like we, or others, do not exist.

Blessings to you~

Arcturus
27-02-2014, 05:13 PM
there's the "disorder" called derealisation whereby sufferers feel they are controlling their bodys like it was a puppet, as if from the outside and also familar places becoming alien to them. vinnie paz sang about suffering from it in the track "is happiness just a word?" real good tune! for some, undiagnosed and diagnosed medical conditions could probably affect their relationship with reality

Enchanted_DreamFaerie
27-02-2014, 05:20 PM
I often times feel like all of this is one big dream and one day I'll wake up; however I keep going on through my life living. There's been lots of questions that I have but I never know what's real and what is not. Believe this is a question everyone seems to wonder from time to time.

Arcturus
27-02-2014, 05:47 PM
on one forum i used to visit, some fella claimed to have visited the snorkel fish dimension..he may have been kidding but he didn't let up and kept a straight face. reckon reality could be a pretty strange looking fish if you had it on the end of your line.

adamm[]
27-02-2014, 09:27 PM
I have seen my thoughts come to life on countless occasions. Most can be called coincidence but some are so beyond normal it makes me feel insane. I feared the number 11 to where i heard a commercial say "buy 10 gallons of milk and get the 11th free!" WHO BUYS 11 GALLONS OF MILK?? I started to study reptilian aliens and how all the rich people were really shape shifting reptilians and there are 2 music videos where kesha and rihanna flash reptilian looking eyes, obviously its CGI but MY THOUGHTS brang that stuff into MY REALITY. and i dont see any more reptilian eyes from any of their new videos, why? I think its because im not really focusing on that idea anymore. There are many more horrible thoughts i had which i started to believe to where ive seen come to life on the news or in other media form, very convincing media form, not just some youtuber with a buncha vague pictures and video clips saying this and that proclaiming it to be true.

So therefore my external reality which i call earth, life, the universe etc etc, everything solid and physical is more like playdough which is literally shaped via my thoughts. But even people themselves talked, acted and did things according to my thoughts, so how can they be real?

@ a7continum
thats kinda what i believe, my world/reality, is just me experiencing me.

@ Albalida
no my world didnt end, but the thing is i was WICKED paranoid of evil things during the time in which i saw that commercial along with TONS of other horrible stuff ON TV. So my exterior reality was matching my interior feelings and thoughts. So what is real and how can the people who made that TV commercial be real if my thoughts and feelings created it.

@ all the other people i didnt adress directly
sry

loved48
27-02-2014, 11:01 PM
You know how video games are created. Much in the same way we are all created. We are not real. Equation=Sum. We are the sum of an equation written by our creator. Here to experience all kind of adventures.

Black Sheep
27-02-2014, 11:46 PM
there's the "disorder" called derealisation whereby sufferers feel they are controlling their bodys like it was a puppet, as if from the outside and also familar places becoming alien to them.The body/puppet thing sounds more like depersonalization which can manifest in a number of ways, as does derealization(an easy way to remember is dealing with your body=DP, with external/world=DR). Some people "suffer" from it, and seek treatment; others(myself included), enjoy it(DP & DR) and use it as a tool for understanding/learning/etc.

Anyway, @adamm[], it sounds as if you are distressed by your experiences. Okay, my take is that it sounds as if you've had some experiences which may have challenged the natural paradigm in which you've operated in thusfar, you're starting to form of more co-hesive state(perhaps more expanded than prior) and kinda just throwing the proverbial pasta against the wall and seeing what sticks. Sounds pretty normal to me, it can be a confusing time.

I think the others really addressed dream/reality really well. In regards to whether people are real or not, does schrodinger's cat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNTMYNj2Ulk) help or take the edge off if you apply the principle to your conclusions? Or thoughts creating reality, let's say that's true. Now what?

There are many layers going on there and many possibilities as to why people can act according to another's thoughts. I'm going to address them according to my own understanding from grossest form to subtlest:

I'm not sure how aware you are of your body language, but I've found most people highly unconscious in their behavior. I found through a variety of social experiments, I could manipulate a person to do as I willed; this could be done(in most blatent forms) by body language, modification of verbal language, etc...... I could say, guide a person(non-verbally) to walk where I wanted, make them do as I wanted just through observation and staying aware of myself in space in relation to them. I then learned that by merely changing my internal state, resulted in a modification of those around me. Ever the lover of experiments, I conducted my tests on unaware subjects(family, friends, strangers, etc). It did leave a rather empty feeling in regards to relationships, as I didn't want a puppet; I wanted a real person as a friend; eventually I grew tired of my experiments and pointed out to loved ones how and when I would do those things(generally pointed out the physical stuff as the more esoteric stuff I've found most people have a hard time swallowing), they were surprised/unaware and long story short provided a good growing opportunity for us.

There are other ways(subtler ways) to influence other people, such as through force of will, and shifting your own energy around(which people I've found pick-up unconsciously and will modify their behavior accordingly). As I feel like I've typed a novel as yet, so I'll just stop there and in closing, it just sounds like you are going through a type of growing period and I wish you loads of fun. :D

Seawolf
28-02-2014, 01:47 AM
MISCONCEPTION: Some coincidences are so miraculous, they must have meaning.
TRUTH: Coincidences are a routine part of life, even the seemingly miraculous ones. Any meaning applied to them comes from your mind.

I believe everything is within the mind, there is nothing 'out there'. So if a mind can change what it sees, and the world changes because everything is in the mind.

running
28-02-2014, 04:32 PM
I have at times been in align with my intuition to a point I have experienced knowing all sorts of things. Later watching them happen. It for me has made me think if my thoughts are happenings then this whole place may be make believe. It from what I can tell is simply a matter of tuning. And being tuned in can make life seem like a joke. I have asked to not be tuned in unless I need to be. Not that i can be except on occasion. But those occasions made me ask to stay out of tune except when its very important for my spiritual growth. Or survival.Perhaps that's my weakness. I don't know and never have been tuned in for long periods. For me its been on a as needed basis usually. Then there is some times it went full bore and for me made life look like a joke.

A friend of mine is intuitive to a point she asks to not know things in life. Talking to her is always interesting. Cause she seems to be trying to keep things turned down to not know things intuitively. Lol. She does use it often but trys to keep life suspenseful. Lol

Arcturus
28-02-2014, 06:59 PM
The body/puppet thing sounds more like depersonalization which can manifest in a number of ways, as does derealization(an easy way to remember is dealing with your body=DP, with external/world=DR). Some people "suffer" from it, and seek treatment; others(myself included), enjoy it(DP & DR) and use it as a tool for understanding/learning/etc.

thanks for clarifying, makes sense. i think depersonalisation was mentioned in the lyric meaning to the song i was refering to "is happines just a word"-vinnie paz...check it out if you haven't as its all about that (dp, dr)and its a really cool track too. doesn't seem to have stunted his creativity but sounds hard to live with for him but then he has depresion too.

wstein
01-03-2014, 02:18 AM
I have at times been in align with my intuition to a point I have experienced knowing all sorts of things. Later watching them happen. It for me has made me think if my thoughts are happenings then this whole place may be make believe. It from what I can tell is simply a matter of tuning. And being tuned in can make life seem like a joke. I have asked to not be tuned in unless I need to be. Is this an "ignorance is bliss" thing?

running
01-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Is this an "ignorance is bliss" thing?

I dont know? Let me elaborate maybe that will help. Reflecting on the experiences of knowing leads me down that road perhaps. Meaning the experience of knowing and then witnessing the events played a big part in a shift into bliss. A letting go into a non dual I guess. What I mean is I'm just a witness of happenings perhaps. Its just a story already written. Thats what the experience of knowing makes me feel like. In thinking and feeling that a lot of surrendering has happened. Inside there has become less conflict.

wstein
02-03-2014, 05:48 AM
I dont know? Let me elaborate maybe that will help. Reflecting on the experiences of knowing leads me down that road perhaps. Meaning the experience of knowing and then witnessing the events played a big part in a shift into bliss. A letting go into a non dual I guess. What I mean is I'm just a witness of happenings perhaps. Its just a story already written. Thats what the experience of knowing makes me feel like. In thinking and feeling that a lot of surrendering has happened. Inside there has become less conflict. Seems relevant as to whether or not YOU wrote the story.

Miss Hepburn
02-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Hi adamm,
Could I ask you a favor? Would you think of me coming into lots and lots
of money? Kidding.

My thoughts come about all the time! I count on that. I depend on my thoughts
manifesting things.
I would say number 1...control your thoughts...expose yourself to spiritual CDs and books.
This is very important to everyone. Be in control.

I must say this reminded me of a realization I was given once, best described this way..
A man in an institution for being "crazy" kept saying,"I'm George Washington!!"...over
and over.

While the saint said, " Yes, and so am I ...we all are..."

I would say you need deeper understanding as to what all "this" is from advanced teachers.
Nisargadatta has a book on his discourses, "I Am That".
Adyashanti who speaks of Nisarg...sweetly and simply explains things and has long
discourses online.
Gangaji also a gentle, soothing teacher has many youtubes.
These people may gently answer many questions...no need to be alarmed.

Black Sheep
02-03-2014, 04:15 PM
@Vecto, no problem, you bring up some excellent points! Often DP/DR are used so interchangeably(even by professionals), and many experience both DP and DR in various intensities. Most people I've met online who've been dx'd actually hate or fear their experiences(it can get unusual), understandably, but I've found it to be a great bio-feedback tool. So(for those interested) totally recommend a good support network of those who also experience it, it may help with any depression for those who suffer from it. :)

I've never heard of vinnie paz before, I will totally check it out, thanks!

lemex
02-03-2014, 06:06 PM
']alot of strange things have happened to me, basically i saw all of my thoughts or thoughts associated with the main concept of what i was thinking or studying come to life. I got into end of the world type "studying" and it became more and more convincing and i believed in it somewhat until finally I saw a tv commercial saying that the world was ending. I couldnt believe my eyes and thought i was insane. ive had alot of less scary thoughts come to life as well.

Part of the answer is don't think your thoughts are unique. Understand them. You can understand the thoughts of others and can be influenced by them. You think you are thinking, take a moment to step back and observe. Always keep in mind what you may want I may not. Reality exists outside of yourself, so don't confuse realities. The reality your talking about is a thought which you manifest.

running
05-03-2014, 01:33 AM
Seems relevant as to whether or not YOU wrote the story.

Yeah. I feel in a way we are. But in a way were not. It in my experience isn't so much thoughts. I mean it seems to come from nothing or a feeling.. And I should of clarified that.. On the rare occasion of reading my story t I'm just saying what comes to me. My brain is not thinking it. It doesn't have anything to do with it. But the me that is beyond me may be writing it. I think we can prey or ask for things and it could happen. I could contemplate forever and not really know.

What it has brought me to right or wrong is I'm a witness to the story.