View Full Version : Motivation - Help!

20-02-2014, 08:20 PM
I am new here,
but I really dont know how to start, where to start.
All my life, even in my childhood i was meditating, everything was motivated and totaly interested in every aspect of spirituality. Spirituality, healing people, feeling people, being connected to nature was my life before college. I dedicated every day to meditation and a little spiritual "self time". I would wake up always happy and prepared to experience the day.
I even became vegetarian.
Now I'm lost.
I am still vegetarian, happy about that, but I am not meditating any more, I am not doing any of spiritual stuff. I am not even motivated to meditate. I've never had such a crisis.
Can somebody please give me advice how to start again? Why I am so tired to do all the things which I loved more than anything before?

P.S. I study a lot, and years before I did nothing but university - lectures, laboratory etc.

Thank You very much!

Mr Interesting
20-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Hey Jo... Greetings across the Earth via the miracle of tiny little atoms passing an electron along and forays into light through glass... and maybe even some radio signal space travel. We forget to wonder don't we? Feeling wonder is such a precious thing.

Running along full tilt picking up all this stuff as our eyes light up and collecting great sacks of it that we pull along... Oops, then it's all so heavy and we stop... what's happening? Is there a fault? Does the squeaky wheel need more oil?

Lost is good, I love being lost. You gotta chuck out all the detritus and survive... beautiful.

Just start, don't plan, don't need a pathway ahead and be where you are.

I gotta go now 'cause I'm starting a new big mess that'll need a tidy up in the years to come.

20-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Tranquil and peaceful meditation can be self defeating if it is attached to in some form, in addition too much is just as affective as too little,

Let it be known that you are, in your own right doing the right thing for you now and that all that is happening to you is for the good, you never lose the wisdom and understanding from your previous meditations and can at anytime fall back on that at any time your life journey beckons its call

we all have a different pace at which we evolve from meditating, self pacing is very important so as not to form a spiritual block, too much too quick is only going to slow the process down

its ok to feel as you are about your spiritual growth and a desire to be a part of what once was,

Mr Interesting is wise and has made some good points

PS. welcome

20-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Maybe you need something new to rekindle your interest. Or maybe spiritual development isn't what you need at the moment.

Maybe go and lose yourself in something random, fun, appealing, & then you might find that spark.

23-02-2014, 05:47 AM
Hi Johanna, have you tried reading a good spiritual book? I'm not one to read (have finished reading 2 books in the last 4 years) and I used to be super unmotivated to mediate but I read Initiation by Elisabeth Haich and now I'm extremely motivated meditate and crave reading more spiritual books.

There is an ebook floating around the web that I downloaded but I'm buying this book as it has taught me so much and I want to read it over and over.

Hope you find your motivation! :smile:

05-03-2014, 09:02 AM
thanks all of you for your advice!
I did not start meditate yet, but I am feeling more attracted to it, i will be starting today ^^

@ADDlife i have read a lot of spiritual books, but not lately...i tried to read the book you recommend me, and I am not really amased.