Samana
16-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi I would like to know what your thoughts are about Reiki and other

forms of energy healing ?

I was watching a video about Saghguru and he was asked this question and

his opinion was that healers shouldn't meddle because they aren't

knowledgeable enough . :confused:

Hi,

Who is Saghguru? Is he a Buddhist teacher? If not then his opinion isn't relevant to a Buddhist forum.

At one of the offline Buddhist centres I attend, there are appointments available with Reflexology, Reiki and massage practitioners.

Kind wishes,

Samana

pre-dawn
17-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Hi I would like to know what your thoughts are about Reiki and other forms of energy healing ?

I was watching a video about Saghguru and he was asked this question and
his opinion was that healers shouldn't meddle because they aren't knowledgeable enough . :confused:

Sadhguru, looks like he is an Indian Yogi.

Yes, in general healers have a poor knowledge pool and a poor grasp of ethics. As long as the healing works fine, whatever that may mean, this is OK. But when something unexpected happens then these shortcomings tend to show up.
Should it stop people from being healers? Maybe, maybe not. What it should do is to make them stop and think about what they are doing and why they are doing it.

GSX-R girl
17-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Sadhguru is self-realised , the same as the Buddha.:smile:

Samana
17-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Sadhguru is self-realised , the same as the Buddha.:smile:

He is connected to 'Isha Yoga' and the 'Isha foundation' which is nothing to do with Buddhism.

pre-dawn
17-11-2010, 03:18 PM
He is connected to 'Isha Yoga' and the 'Isha foundation' which is nothing to do with Buddhism.
Sure, it would be better to have the thread in the correct forum. However, it is his opinion which is under discussion here and a similar opinion might also come from a Buddhist, like me, for example.

Kaere
17-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I have no idea where the thread should go - a little direction and I'll move it :)

pre-dawn
18-11-2010, 04:07 PM
I have no idea where the thread should go - a little direction and I'll move it :)

The first post says:
Hi I would like to know what your thoughts are about Reiki and ...

That should be clue enough :)

GSX-R girl
19-11-2010, 04:02 AM
I am interested in finding out what Buddhists think about Reiki ?:smile:

Kaere
19-11-2010, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the direction GSX-R girl - I will leave the thread where it is then.

pre-dawn
19-11-2010, 04:47 AM
I am interested in finding out what Buddhists think about Reiki ?:smile: We don't think about it, we just do it. :smile:

Usui was a Buddhist, the 5 precepts are based on earlier, cultural guidelines, the culture being Buddhist with some Shinto influences in nature.

The textual structure of the 5 precepts is similar to the 4 Buddhist vows (at least in English), which is another link between the two.

Reiki does not depend on belief or faith, Buddhists would say that ideally this is how it should be.

Reiki is about personal development and insight, not about healing others, which is just a bonus. This is in alignment with the Buddha when he said "Be a lamp unto yourself." Note that none of the 5 principles refers to healing others, at best it says be kind to others and that is also an indirect self-related thing.