PDA

View Full Version : If you found money on the ground...

A Glass named Esther
16-11-2010, 06:34 PM
What you would think? What would you do?

earthprowler
16-11-2010, 06:46 PM
i think i'm broke and finders keepers.

at least i'm honest.

inspirit
16-11-2010, 06:48 PM
If I thought I could find out who the money belonged to I would return it. Otherwise I would chalk it up to good fortune and be grateful since in my lifetime I have lost more money than I have found serendipitously.

Squatchit
16-11-2010, 06:56 PM
I didn't vote.

For me, it depends how much it is and the situation/environment around me.

2p and I leave it. £2 and I pick it up. £2,000 and I get very suspicious and look around for Derren Brown. :D

Chrysaetos
16-11-2010, 07:01 PM
If I saw someone losing money, I would give it back.
If I find it just lying there, desperately crying out for a hand.. I will take it. My thought would be: ''I'm a lucky guy.'' I certainly don't want to call it good karma..

Native spirit
16-11-2010, 07:03 PM
:smile: I Have been in the situation twice i found a wallet twice with money in it lots of it too and handed it on the police , i know if it was me i would hope that someone would think that the money was needed and hand it in,

Namaste

A Glass named Esther
16-11-2010, 09:05 PM
:smile: I Have been in the situation twice i found a wallet twice with money in it lots of it too and handed it on the police , i know if it was me i would hope that someone would think that the money was needed and hand it in,

Namaste

This is very good indeed!

I suppose I should have specified...just money on the ground: no identifiable owner that lost it (wallet, seeing it fall out of someone's pocket, etc.)

Lostgirl
16-11-2010, 09:09 PM
I voted im kinda poor...which is true, however if i found the owner i would always return it, i also think that it would be good karma and that the universe is smiling on me. In a way, it realsise im not doing so well on the money front, ive done some good deeds and this is good karma.....

Spiritlite
16-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Okay if the money was in a wallet, I'd give it back no problems. If it were just a loose bill fluttering in the wind I'd take it. If it were a 50 dollar bill I'd have no issues, if it were 100 dollar bill I may have some issues and give half of it to someone who needs it too. Great question.
Spiritlite.

Smiler
16-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi if money just lying there all alone with no wallet as Spirit mentioned, and no one advertised and I had no idea who it belonged too.. Id probadly take it as a blessing, look at the sky above and say THANKYOU :)
:)

Spiritlite
16-11-2010, 10:32 PM
lol I love these answers and the honesty.
Spiritlite.

shaya48
17-11-2010, 03:06 PM
IF THE MONEY WASNT IN A WALLET, AND I DIDNT SEE ANYONE DROP IT I WOULD GIVE THANKS TO THE UNIVERSE FOR ALLOWING ME TO BE ABUNDANT,FOR A CHANGE, IF IT WAS A BIG AMOUNT A REAL BIG AMOUNT I WOULD PAY OFF ANY BILLS I HAD, AND THEN DIVIDE THE REST UP INTO AMOUNTS THAT WOULD HELP MY FAVORITE CHARITIES, THE CAT HAVEN, K9 DOGGIE RESCUE, CHILDRENS HOSPITAL, THE BLIND, AND HOMELESS PEOPLE.

SHAYA

002 Cents
17-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Had this happen the other day. Found $20 and not to far from it a bank receipt. I put them together and took it to the bank it came from. The receipt should have enough info for it to get back to the person who lost it.

Had there not been a receipt I would have donated it. It was not my money. I would have seen it as an opportunity to give back. Not cash in on Karma.

002 Cents
17-11-2010, 09:50 PM
In reading so many responses and the results of the poll... I can't help but wonder why so many would look at this as a rightful entitlement to receive rather than an opportunity to do good?

Spiritlite
17-11-2010, 10:27 PM
2 cents remember we're living in a bad economy. And maybe the universe meant for that person to have that money?
???
Spiritlite
But also don't you appreciate people's honesty? I don't think it's people thinking it as a rightful entitlement, just something that was meant to be. Read some of the people's answers some say if it was a large bill partly it would go to them the rest to help someone else.

glenos
17-11-2010, 10:49 PM
I met some one I knew from way back a few weeks ago outside of my local shop. They told me how well they were doing and how much they spent whilst on a recent holiday. Then I was told how they had found a fiver on the street and had found another fiver just an hour ago in the car park. I'm standing there with a loaf of bread and zip to put on it. So being a cheeky so and so I asked to borrow a quid. I popped back into the shop, sent up a prayer and bought a scratch card. I dunno if the prayer was answered or not but I won twenty pounds!

Tricia
17-11-2010, 11:08 PM
I didn't vote but for me it would depend on the amount of money I found, if it was just a couple of pounds, I'd probably keep it. If it was a wad of notes I'd have to take it to the police station because if I didn't it would be on my conscience.

Racer X
17-11-2010, 11:46 PM
If you found money on the ground...
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/images/evonature/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=69726)

What one would say and one would do are two different things. A better question is, when you found money on the ground, what did you do with it?

I found a hundred dollar bill just days ago. When I saw it I said "Thats fake", then I picked it up and said "Oh....that's real!" It was in a field littered with debris. It was weathered too, it was there for at least a few weeks. I checked some lost and found postings just to be sure I would not be able to locate its owner. I used some of it for Christmas gifts and some of it for warm clothes. The rest of it.............I have no idea yet.

I found many things which were lost, abandoned; e.g.- IO have found wallets with I.D./credit cards/Cash and returned them because I could!

I once had five dollars left to my name......
But just my luck I past by a person who just lost everything and was hungry and ignored...........
I was back to zero, but I had food.

glenos
18-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Racer X. Yesssss mate :thumbsup:

Lovely
18-11-2010, 12:33 AM
That depends on the amount of money. If its a dollar or even 20 bucks
I would. But thousands? No. That money could belong to someone
and taking it can mess up there life for all I know.

Gracey
18-11-2010, 01:28 AM
i have always returned it to who i knew it belonged, then the last time i found money, 20 dollars, i kept it, then 3 days later a cashier at the dollar general slighted me 20 dollars....karma, karma, karma.....

so i wont be doing that anymore, unless i am walking down the street and found some money all by its lonsomes.

Spiritlite
18-11-2010, 01:33 AM
I agree with Lovely if it was thousands no way would I take that money. And there's been times I know I've dropped money on the ground so if i found a twenty I'd just say huh it came back to me :)
Spiritlite

002 Cents
18-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Bing broke isn't a good excuse. Unless you are living out of cardboard boxes, are you? Because I assure wile you are lying in your bed on a cold rainy night there is someone out there struggling just to get by from one day to the next.

Are you starving?

Are you, your spouse or one of your children dying from a terminal illness out of lack of funds for medical treatment?

Surely if the universe wanted to take pity on someone it would be someone worse off then myself. We are broke as hell and I am no about to pocket Money knowing as bad as the economy has ravaged out life style there are so many out there that have it worse. We may not have money, but we have what we need to survive, which is more than we can say for some people. What we have was earned. That is what we are entitled to. As was the person who lost the money in the first place and if you don't know who that was you most certainly should use it to help someone who is worse off because it doesn't sound like a single one of you is considering there even is such a thing.

Spiritlite
18-11-2010, 01:50 AM
002 cents you feel very strongly about this topic, and I respect that you are voicing your opinions, thankyou.
Spiritlite.

iolite
18-11-2010, 02:11 AM
I have found money that someone just dropped and I've returned it and I have found money on the ground with no one around to return it to, so I accepted it as a gift.

Spiritlite
18-11-2010, 02:13 AM
Iolite yeah if someone I saw dropped money for sure I'd give it back but really I would too accept it as a gift........
Spiritlite.
I think a lot of people would agree with that.

Miss Hepburn
18-11-2010, 03:25 AM
I find money everywhere - I think - Thank You, Lord...

I deleted all my stories - you wouldn't believe them.

My affirmation happens to be, "Money comes easily to me."

Spiritlite
18-11-2010, 03:34 AM
I love you Ms. Hepburn :)
Spiritlite.

Miss Hepburn
18-11-2010, 03:37 AM
I love you Ms. Hepburn :)
Spiritlite.
Great minds think alike - I love me, too.
:hug2:

Gem
18-11-2010, 03:38 AM
Great minds think alike - I love me, too.
:hug2:

I love money.

Spiritlite
18-11-2010, 03:49 AM
haha you guys are funny :)
Spiritlite.

Miss Hepburn
18-11-2010, 11:08 AM
It is said if you don't love money you haven't had enough of it!
I can relate to that.
:smile:
And seriously, Spiritlite, you made my day, thank you very much.

Gem
18-11-2010, 11:43 AM
It is said if you don't love money you haven't had enough of it!
I can relate to that.
:smile:
And seriously, Spiritlite, you made my day, thank you very much.

I think that saying, "the more the merrier," is about money.

002 Cents
18-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I respectfully disagree. I can respect a self made man but have found time and time again the children who grew up nursing on golden pacifiers have a sever empathetical handicap. Circumstantially severed from most of humanity they have a tendency to value possessions and physical appearance over morality and purity of heart.

A persons value is not a monetary measurement or that of possessions or position. All of these things are temporary.

Chrysaetos
18-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Circumstantially severed from most of humanity they have a tendency to value possessions and physical appearance over morality and purity of heart. It's okay if you are happy with little possession, but not everyone feels the same about it. You got a PC, poor peeps don't. Think about it, they could say the same... All of these things are temporary.So is morality.

002 Cents
18-11-2010, 05:23 PM
It's okay if you are happy with little possession, but not everyone feels the same about it. You got a PC, poor peeps don't. Think about it, they could say the same... So is morality.

Fair enough. My philosophy is not for everyone.

ces
18-11-2010, 05:31 PM
I'd give it to someone who needed it more than me. Unless of course I dropped it and picked it back up.

Solace733
18-02-2011, 05:30 AM
this has happened to me a few times, and when i was broke.. if others are around, i ask if it is theirs.. if no one is around and it is a random 5 dollar bill i feel i was meant to find it... if i feel someone needs it more than me, i will give it away.. and when i have found wallets i turned them in without question, or acknowledgement as that is just the right thing to do in my opinion.. i have a hard time accepting money though.. more of a giver than a taker.. a random stranger said he felt i was an angel once (ha, funny) and tried to give me money , but i refused it.. to this day i feel bad for depriving him the experience of giving, but i just couldn't accept it..i could tell he was diappointed as he could tell i was a student trying to make ends meet.. and he was just this old man sitting on a park bench.. it was an unusal experience..anyway, now i am rambling again.. i have a tendancy to get lost in thought with words....:redface:

Silver
18-02-2011, 06:53 AM
If it's truly difficult to figure out who the money belonged to, and no one's around to give a clue, I would keep it and accept it as a gift.

psychoslice
18-02-2011, 06:57 AM
If it's truly difficult to figure out who the money belonged to, and no one's around to give a clue, I would keep it and accept it as a gift.
and I'll be there to help you spend it lol.

Silver
18-02-2011, 07:21 AM
and I'll be there to help you spend it lol.

...so that's who's been following me around lately...~*
:icon_eek: :tongue:

sound
18-02-2011, 07:23 AM
I have proved to myself that i would spend it lol ... i found a trail of notes once in a storm water drain and looked for the source but to no avail ... however if I found money which was able to be traced to its rightful owner i would definitely return it ...

pre-dawn
19-02-2011, 12:23 AM
however if I found money which was able to be traced to its rightful owner i would definitely return it .. Which raises an interesting question of "Who is the rightful owner?"

What if you knew that the person who actually lost the money gets some of what he "earns" in suspect manner, e.g. stealing, conning pensioners, selling drugs, etc.
Has he lost the honest money or the tainted one, or doesn't it matter?

sound
19-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Which raises an interesting question of "Who is the rightful owner?"

What if you knew that the person who actually lost the money gets some of what he "earns" in suspect manner, e.g. stealing, conning pensioners, selling drugs, etc.
Has he lost the honest money or the tainted one, or doesn't it matter?

Well that is an interesting question pre-dawn. If i knew the money was stolen in the first place i would feel obligued to return it to its rightful owner by whatever means. However if i saw someone drop money and it was merely my 'assumption' that they had obtained it by cashing in on the misfortune of others then i would probably just hand it back to the one who dropped it. Is it the money which is tainted or the one who has it in his/her possession?

Graelwyn
19-02-2011, 01:27 AM
I would most likely, provided I was not totally without myself at that point, use it to buy a meal for someone on the streets. I tend to do that anyway when I have the means.

mindanalyzer
12-08-2015, 02:59 PM
If I knew whom the $ belong to, I would return it 'no questions asked'; If not, I would keep it

starling
12-08-2015, 03:20 PM
I didn't vote.

For me, it depends how much it is and the situation/environment around me.

2p and I leave it. £2 and I pick it up. £2,000 and I get very suspicious and look around for Derren Brown. :D

Basically agreed. Well said.

knightofalbion
12-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Even if you 'found' it, it wasn't you who 'lost' it. Therefore, it isn't yours!

Look for the person who might have dropped it. If they're nowhere to be found, gift it to a worthy charity/cause.

Miss Hepburn
12-08-2015, 03:53 PM
I always find money...I forgot....(!)
I found $10 last week at 8 am at the Supermarket...no one was around!
I always spend it on something extravagant...like...the $18 a pound cheese or something...
I think of it as my karma, for sure, and a wink from the Universe or my Dad.

I have found $20 before and immediately given it to the a homeless guy...
explaining," Hey, I just found this...don't need it, here"...
they have pride, ya know....

I also leave money all the time...the best place is to roll up cash and tuck it into the chain link
on a swing at a playground!!!!

Or I just left 2 quarters in the change machine at the laundromat washing some small rugs.
It makes someone a little happy...and a 'litte happy' brings them closer to their true state...
learned that from Abraham-Hicks.

starling
12-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Even if you 'found' it, it wasn't you who 'lost' it. Therefore, it isn't yours!

Look for the person who might have dropped it. If they're nowhere to be found, gift it to a worthy charity/cause.

Agreed, no it isn't.

So, say I take it into a charity shop, what do you think they will do?? Come one.....:icon_frown: this is 2015.

starling
12-08-2015, 04:09 PM
To be honest I don't know for sure. It hasn't happened.

My Mum once found (IIRC) 2x one pound notes out side our place years ago. She promptly made an executive decision (obviously having looked around etc etc) and gave it to me because I was experimenting with gardening bits at that time (It was 35 years ago).

knightofalbion
12-08-2015, 04:30 PM
So, say I take it into a charity shop, what do you think they will do??

Use it to help someone who needs it a lot more than 'you' do?

starling
12-08-2015, 05:52 PM
Use it to help someone who needs it a lot more than 'you' do?

I'm happy you still have such faith.:smile:

Some of it is common-sense to be honest, we all contribute towards charities as a rule, unless you happen to be directly outside on at the time, it may be more efficient on EVERYONE'S time to make an exception. No, if it was small change I'd keep it.

By the way you don't know my circumstances so :tongue: :smile:

knightofalbion
12-08-2015, 07:43 PM
I'm happy you still have such faith.:smile:

I think 'you' have to (see/seek the best in people) ...

Please Leave Me
12-08-2015, 08:25 PM
i vote it's my responsability to put it in my pocket and pretend nothing happened :D

starling
12-08-2015, 08:57 PM

I did do both but I'm afraid I'm increasingly disappointed.

Ravenspirit
12-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Just money, no wallet, no ID I'd keep it and look upon it as a gift from the universe. Wallet with ID? That's different. I would try to get it back to the person it belongs to. Actually this did happen recently. I found some money way out in a large mall parking lot. It was a windy day and it literally blew towards me. There was no way to know who it originally belonged to. No one looking for it that I could tell.

A wallet with ID there's an obligation to return it I think, but money by itself with no way to know? That's just not the same thing IMHO. I have actually returned both a wallet and a purse that I found directly to the person who's item it was but stray bills or change, nah. No ID and whoever I handed it to would have just pocketed it.

Call me cynical but handing it off to security, police, whomever, it would just vanish. It would not get back to anyone who had lost it. I'd rather keep it myself under those circumstances. There's honesty and there's stupidity and I see no call to brighten someone's day with a "tip" when I could definitely use it myself. I sincerely make the effort but if I can't figure out who legitimately owns it then it's mine, shrug.

starling
12-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Just money, no wallet, no ID I'd keep it and look upon it as a gift from the universe. Wallet with ID? That's different. I would try to get it back to the person it belongs to. Actually this did happen recently. I found some money way out in a large mall parking lot. It was a windy day and it literally blew towards me. There was no way to know who it originally belonged to. No one looking for it that I could tell.

A wallet with ID there's an obligation to return it I think, but money by itself with no way to know? That's just not the same thing IMHO. I have actually returned both a wallet and a purse that I found directly to the person who's item it was but stray bills or change, nah. No ID and whoever I handed it to would have just pocketed it.

Call me cynical but handing it off to security, police, whomever, it would just vanish. It would not get back to anyone who had lost it. I'd rather keep it myself under those circumstances. There's honesty and there's stupidity and I see no call to brighten someone's day with a "tip" when I could definitely use it myself. I sincerely make the effort but if I can't figure out who legitimately owns it then it's mine, shrug.

Unfortunately that's the way I see it.

Cleared labelled and identified funds I would hope there is no question about it (what ever the amount).

I actually faced a similar situation just before last Christmas when a woman acquaintance "mislaid" a bracelet whilst chrissy shopping with her Mum. Despite extensive inquiries it never turned up.........and I mean extensive.......I dowsed for it which took us 20 miles away.

Wearing a 100 pound bracelet at a pound stretcher type shop just before xmas was madness and she paid the price...... or did she drop it in the car park? in which case some comedian picked it up and pocketed it. Both nicking it and picking it up are strictly speaking against the law in both cases as it doesn't belong to you.

Thus I am a little cynical about motives now.

Aoitha
13-08-2015, 09:56 AM

I will not pick it up and give it to the police because `i simply do not trust the authorities to deal with the matter.

starling
13-08-2015, 04:52 PM

I ve just been up to do vol work at a comp drop centre.

they have had two laptops stolen last week.

These were two news ones to replace the aging unreliable ones. WE are a charity org with no gov funding (the manageress works all hours to provide a service for local people).

YOu say to me am I blaming homeless people/unemployed people/ any people.

(before I get flamed no of course I'm not)

I ve just lost a bit of faith in human nature all round.

Tobi
14-08-2015, 01:13 AM
Maybe sometimes that money is meant for you? If of course, you don't see someone actually drop it, or know whose it is (in which case, to take it would be selfish and mean)
But I think if finding a large sum of money, it would be thoughtful to take it to the police. I believe if it isn't claimed within a period of time, it is given to you, the finder. That happened with a diamond ring I found when I was about 10. Eventually, after a number of weeks, the ring was given to me when I went to check at the police station. I brought it home (it felt like 'ours' not 'mine' anyway) -and my father sold it. We had a lovely meal with treats like ice-cream, which we couldn't normally afford, went to the cinema, and it paid a couple of bills I recall.

About 1990, my husband once left our cash box on the roof of our car! It had all our takings from our book business in it for the day. About £300. When he went back, of course, the cash box had gone. Neither of us was deeply upset. I didn't blame him as I have made mistakes too. He decided to drop in at the police station (we had a local one then!!) -and ask. The cash box had been handed in. By Australian tourists. We decided to split the cash 3 ways. £200 for us -and £100 for them as a 'thank you' gift.
It was extremely decent of them to do that. We would not have known if they hadn't. It brought a great deal of humanity together between us all.

But of course I have found a fiver, or £10 or so on the ground -not a soul in sight, and have been very grateful for it. That often happened at times in the past when I was extremely poor. I have also lost money, and known that someone else in need would find it on the ground.

Nowadays I seem to find a lot of 5p pieces! Shining in the dust. I pick them up and am thankful.

Howla Dark
16-08-2015, 12:49 AM
It depends. If I saw someone drop it, I would give their money back to them. If the money was attached to someone's ID then I'll hand it into the nearest police station and hope to return it to the owner. As for loose change on the floor and lose notes even it's a gift.

starling
16-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Maybe sometimes that money is meant for you? If of course, you don't see someone actually drop it, or know whose it is (in which case, to take it would be selfish and mean)
But I think if finding a large sum of money, it would be thoughtful to take it to the police. I believe if it isn't claimed within a period of time, it is given to you, the finder. That happened with a diamond ring I found when I was about 10. Eventually, after a number of weeks, the ring was given to me when I went to check at the police station. I brought it home (it felt like 'ours' not 'mine' anyway) -and my father sold it. We had a lovely meal with treats like ice-cream, which we couldn't normally afford, went to the cinema, and it paid a couple of bills I recall.

About 1990, my husband once left our cash box on the roof of our car! It had all our takings from our book business in it for the day. About £300. When he went back, of course, the cash box had gone. Neither of us was deeply upset. I didn't blame him as I have made mistakes too. He decided to drop in at the police station (we had a local one then!!) -and ask. The cash box had been handed in. By Australian tourists. We decided to split the cash 3 ways. £200 for us -and £100 for them as a 'thank you' gift.
It was extremely decent of them to do that. We would not have known if they hadn't. It brought a great deal of humanity together between us all.

But of course I have found a fiver, or £10 or so on the ground -not a soul in sight, and have been very grateful for it. That often happened at times in the past when I was extremely poor. I have also lost money, and known that someone else in need would find it on the ground.

Nowadays I seem to find a lot of 5p pieces! Shining in the dust. I pick them up and am thankful.

No, £300 is too much even now. That's a police job .....and hope for the best.

It was good of those tourists but I would hope this would be the outcome.

Regards your ring, don't forget there are web-sites devoted to lost and found* these days. I put images of an acquaintance bracelet on (this has been covered on this site can't recall where now haha) a few of these web-sites as the police did not seem overly concerned about it. We put posters up (extensively) as the lady's daughter had bought the bracelet but to no avail

(I'm more than slightly suspicious the item was taken off her wrist manually during the Christmas rush but I suspect we shall never know......I'm no longer in regular contact with the lady anyway).

I felt the lady's pain at the time. I spent a lot of time looking through "a well known auction site" as I knew she was not computer savvy. I would ......now.....go to some lengths to get an item of jewelry back to the rightful owner. As you say, everybody makes mistakes (and next time it might be you).

Favourite Son
17-08-2015, 11:18 AM
I have found 3 wallets over the years and either contacted the owner directly or handed into police each time.

There was one day however, where I needed some money and on the way to work tried a manifesting technique involving envisioning money, namely $100 notes coming to me.
Later that day while at work 2 x $100 notes floated down from an upstairs balcony and literally hit me in the chest before landing next to me on the ground!
I picked them up, waited 5 minutes for someone to come and get them, and when no one did I kept them!
I believe that money was meant for me.

linen53
17-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Of course if I found a wallet I would find the owner with all the money intact. But if it is just a $20 bill on the ground and no one came over to pick it up? I'd consider it mine.

EyeaM
17-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Good karma or good luck. Always grateful and some people here gave me an idea of sharing my foundings :) Never trusted the police. Of course my first intention was to return it and I always did, if I could.

starling
18-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Good karma or good luck. Always grateful and some people here gave me an idea of sharing my foundings :) Never trusted the police. Of course my first intention was to return it and I always did, if I could.

Most of us appear to have gone down this one.

What ever happened to the "bobby on the street"?

(when I was at college in the '80's I was the only one then to support them)

SeaZen
04-10-2015, 03:40 PM
I have done all 3 responses in the poll at one time or another. The oddest occasion was when I was walking along a lake michigan harbor sidewalk in Chicago where some fishermen and street people hang out. I found a pair of women's shoes (flats) neatly arranged on the edge of the sidewalk with a $100 bill folded and nestled in a fold in the heel so it prominently stuck out.

At the time I was employed and making decent money and my reflex was to grab it but my intuition told me it was meant for someone else less fortunate so I left it.

starling
04-10-2015, 05:35 PM
I have done all 3 responses in the poll at one time or another. The oddest occasion was when I was walking along a lake michigan harbor sidewalk in Chicago where some fishermen and street people hang out. I found a pair of women's shoes (flats) neatly arranged on the edge of the sidewalk with a $100 bill folded and nestled in a fold in the heel so it prominently stuck out.

At the time I was employed and making decent money and my reflex was to grab it but my intuition told me it was meant for someone else less fortunate so I left it.

Good answer.

Aki
05-10-2015, 03:59 AM
It really depends on the situation. If it was a stuffed wallet or purse, I would turn it in. If I watched it fall out of someone's pocket, I would let them know, and make sure they got it. If it is a bill I find on the street, or in a cold laundromat dryer, I am going to take it.

tilly13
23-10-2015, 12:49 AM
On Christmas day I was nipping to the local shop when I found a wallet with £300 cash in it on the floor next to a parked car I looked around and nobody was about so I put it in my pocket and carried on when I got home I wrote a note with my number on it I put it on the car a few minutes later a man rang me I asked his name and other stuff to verify the wallet was his it was so he came to my home and picked it up he was very grateful and couldn't thank me enough after this I seemed to get a lot of bad luck my brother said it was because I gave the money back he said it was mentioned for me that's why I found it. Maybe he's right am not sure, I was really broke at the time and that money would of helpped me out a lot but I still think I did the right thing. If it was me who lost my purse I would want someone to do the same

knightofalbion
23-10-2015, 09:37 AM
On Christmas day I was nipping to the local shop when I found a wallet with £300 cash in it on the floor next to a parked car I looked around and nobody was about so I put it in my pocket and carried on when I got home I wrote a note with my number on it I put it on the car a few minutes later a man rang me I asked his name and other stuff to verify the wallet was his it was so he came to my home and picked it up he was very grateful and couldn't thank me enough after this I seemed to get a lot of bad luck my brother said it was because I gave the money back he said it was mentioned for me that's why I found it. Maybe he's right am not sure, I was really broke at the time and that money would of helpped me out a lot but I still think I did the right thing. If it was me who lost my purse I would want someone to do the same

Then you did a noble thing, all the more wonderful as you were in financial hardship at the time.
Was it a destined 'test'? I don't know, but either way, you passed with honour. Well done.

tilly13
23-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Thank you that's how I've seen it as a test

Triple11
11-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Hmm. I'm not a fan of charities, because I belive most aren't so cheritable.

So I'm voting that, assuming the owner couldn't be found, then I would spend it on crystals and spread the love by giving the crystals away slowly but surely.

Tobi
12-03-2016, 02:02 AM
LOL! I found a pound coin the other day in the mud at the side of a lane. I brought it home and cleaned it up and it bought me a bag of green beans! Goodness knows how long it had been there.

Native spirit
19-03-2016, 10:34 PM
i Have found mens wallets on the ground one was so stuffed with notes it wouldn fasten,there was no one around so i handed it in to the police,in case anyone went looking for it.never heard a thing about it after so i dont know if it was given back.i have found purces full of money out side school handed it in the school.the headteacher found who it belonged to gave it to her not a thank you or anything some people are just rude,
i couldnt hang onto it i would hope that if i ever lost mine someone would hand it in,

Namaste

Star Wolf Medicine Woman
20-03-2016, 08:33 PM
If I found a wallet I'd hand it in. Two weeks ago my friend dropped his wallet and luckily someone did hand it in and he was so relived to get it back. He only had a little money in it, it wasn't the money so much as all the plastic and the hassle in cancelling them all.When I dropped a £20 note in a pub no one handed that in, hope they enjoyed spending it..

Jaycee
20-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Mum always said 'see a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck'. She also taught us to be honest. So larger amounts, specially in a wallet or bag with a name etc in it, I would get in touch with the owner. My daughter has dropped her wallet a few times, and every time it has come back to her. The majority of people are honest.

Somnia
20-03-2016, 10:19 PM
I have found money several times throughout my lifetime...

If I clearly see it fall from someone's wallet/back pocket/car I always return it to the person who dropped their money/wallet...

There have been times when I've lost money, then later found money in the amount similar to what I had lost, so I considered it a gift from the Universe and kept it...

Other times I've found money on the streets, saved it, and donated it to a local charity...

So I can't vote on the poll because I have experienced all 3 situations and it depends on the circumstance/feeling I get as to what I decide to do with my findings...

DoctorStrange
21-03-2016, 05:35 PM
If i don't find the owner, i will donate it to charity.

Mused
22-03-2016, 10:12 PM
The most I found was like $30... I kept it. If I found a wallet with ID etc I would def try to give it back

Baile
23-03-2016, 03:20 PM
I would seek to return the money if possible without question... is it even a question really? The only real question here has to do with life lessons people might need to learn. I was at a self-serve checkout a few months back. I paid for my groceries and requested $40 cash back from the machine. I grabbed my groceries without taking the money. Got to the car, remembered the money, went back in, and the cash was gone already. I asked but nobody had turned it in, they just walked off with my money.

I was MAD! for several minutes until I settled down and started to reflect... someone needed the money so bad they were willing to steal it. Needed it more than me because I would have turned it in, of course. So I walked away believing that someone used it to help pay the rent and feed the kids, and I was merely playing my role in this little life drama.

Star Wolf Medicine Woman
23-03-2016, 10:55 PM
Mum always said 'see a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck'. She also taught us to be honest. So larger amounts, specially in a wallet or bag with a name etc in it, I would get in touch with the owner. My daughter has dropped her wallet a few times, and every time it has come back to her. The majority of people are honest.
My Nan used to say the exact same thing....:D

SaintMatthew
27-03-2016, 03:19 PM
I will give my last few dollars away if it is the right person and I feel called to do so. I'd keep it before giving it to an organization even if it is a charity...

I'd have to know who I was giving it to, but if God or my spirit guide is asking me to, I know it will only benefit me.

shadowwolf74
05-04-2016, 12:31 AM
would return it if possible if not would donate it to charity or someone in need would not feel good about keeping or spending someone elses money

Gneight681
27-06-2016, 12:46 AM
I like passing on the good I receive. It has been my experience that it leads to the passing around of a lot of good, and because of that, all the good I get is magnified in ways I'd never have known had I not shared it.

anditmakesmewonder
27-06-2016, 01:30 AM
Usually I try to find out to who it may belong to. Sometimes we happen to see stuff fall from people so I get it to give it back to them.
If no owner is to be found then maybe I'd get it for myself, but I don't really find money like this that often.

1Eris
27-06-2016, 01:10 PM
I found a large amount recently then heard a father on the phone desperately ringing his work to see if he had left it there....it was to treat his daughter. I had picked it up on my way into school and slipped it into my pocket for safekeeping.

Smaller amounts I've found & spent on ice creams for the children. My daughter is amazing at attracting manifesting money when she wants something.

Tobi
27-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Wow! I found a five pound note all crumpled up and covered with dried mud today! On the road. I did give it a good home. I exchanged it for food for my dinner, bought at the village shop.
Maybe I should have given it to Soi Dog...? Maybe I still will....

Okay -fixed. I ate dinner AND gave the fiver to Soi Dog.
This is their page:
https://www.soidog.org/en/donate-today/

Rozie
28-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Pennies from Heaven..I would see it as a gift for me to use. I sacrifice quite a bit for others and that costs money.

Obviously, if it was in a wallet with I.D. I would return it but if it was naked money then it is for me to use. Money has a way of appearing, then you spend it and it goes into the flow. I was taught not to hoard money because it blocks the flow. I try to hoard it anyway.

Cyrianne
01-07-2016, 06:49 PM
What you would think?

Small change, like coins, I don't even bother with. It is considered bad luck by some to pick up such things particularly when one is not in need. Any bills, no matter how small, well they're not mine for one. I have actually never pocketed such money for myself. The smaller bills well usually they end up in some busker's pocket.

Larger stuff. I'd look around for whomever might be responsible. Go to the local stores and ask hey did anyone come looking for dropped cash? Big stuff is reported to the police.

What would you do?

Last time when I found an envelope with over $2,500 in it took it to the local police station. Yeah most would pocket it seeing as there was absolutely no ID. The time before, with a few fifties, it went to the local animal shelter.

But then the universe does reward selfless acts seeing as no more than a week after handing over the $2,500 I won the "jackpot" for the local scratch & win and well $2,500 was peanuts in comparison. It wouldn't be the first time I've done such and been rewarded in such or similar fashion. Friends and family constantly comment on my 'good luck'. If only they knew how utterly easy it was to be so lucky.

Rakoontay
20-07-2016, 01:43 PM
I scrounge for change under the vending machine for money to buy a pepsi. But if I found a $20 on the ground at the grocery store, I'd return it to the clerk and let them know someone left their money, in case they realize they left/lost it and come back for it. I guess it really depends on the situation...

rhubarbrosie
03-08-2016, 04:49 PM
I know a cop who when he was a rookie, was first to arrive at a house where there was a suicide. A low-level mafiosa had shot himself in the head, and nearby on a table was over two hundred thousand dollars American money. This is in 1970s, so it was a TON of money!!

The cop was soooo tempted to take some of it: young, newly married, needed it badly, first on the scene: no one among law enforcement would know he'd taken anything. But he said he didn't touch a dime, it wasn't worth looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life, waiting for the mafia to come after HIM next!!

Shivani Devi
06-08-2016, 04:22 AM
I'd probably just leave it there and go and see a psychiatrist to help me with this 'seeing money on the ground' delusion.

Tobi
07-08-2016, 12:30 AM
Once, way back when my husband and I ran a book business, he accidentally left the cash box on the roof of the car one morning! It had a STACK of money in it (he was going to pay it into the bank)
When he went back for it of course it had gone.
We went to the police station anyway, both of us cynical about ever seeing it again.
It had been handed in by some kind Aussie tourists! We met them, and gave them a wad of notes as a thank you. They were well pleased.

It makes a nicer happier day to be kind I think.

bob love
07-08-2016, 10:55 AM
It depends on the variables, i have found cash and kept it, and also returned it.
There are so many variables "of this moment" is the way of the Dao" for me anyway. follow your heart then your head, and you will always do the right thing at the right time WU WEI kind of. This is a lot easier to say than do (with consistency) but retraining our brain with our brain, is a trip
the brain is also just a muscle
We ALL define our world with our brain,"change your thoughts/beliefs" change YOUR world
this life is such a gift my brothers and sisters, we shouldn't waste one moment of it, we are here for such a short time a mere blink of the eye in some respects,
Love Arley Love xxxxxxxx

bob love
07-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Money Needs/Wants

I believe way to much emphasis is placed on money now a days
How much do we really need?
None attachment, i know people that get a buzz/high from buying stuff then it just goes into a cupboard or wardrobe and on to the next temporary high.
As i hope we all know as cultivators of the dao there is no mighty quest to go through to find something we are missing/lacking. The answers are rarely external. Look within to our indoctrinated education, social structure. Compete compete compete. anything to divide us "divide and conquer"
Imagine what a utopia this planet could be if we where united as humanity, all that spending on the military boarders etc. i say if your going to have a goal make it a doozie It only takes ONE person to start that ball rolling are you that person today?:hug2:

Tobi
10-08-2016, 10:34 PM
I know, Arley Love.
I often listen to the cars racing past my house from about 6am every morning...People half asleep, driving dangerously sometimes, desperately racing to make more money to uphold and pay for the conditions they have got themselves in, over focusing on what money can buy and becoming trapped by it. It has to be like being on a Hamster exercise wheel rotating at speed....

Of course we all do need some money. It's the way the world works. But simplifying life helps when possible and using it wisely.

Rozie
01-03-2017, 07:18 PM
I know the universe does provide in whatever way. If I need something then the money will somehow show up. I would assume it was for me to use for something.

If I knew who it belonged to, I would return it to that person or turn it in.

I had a lesson about that once. I was at the grocery store and I saw a 20 dollar bill on the ground beneath where the person pays. I picked it up and gave it to the person who was standing there and said I think you dropped this. The person seemed like they didn't drop it, but they shrugged their shoulders and kept it.

At that time, I was scraping pennies to get by, and that person seemed unconcerned and didn't drop and didn't need it. That would have seen me through the weekend and I had a family that I worked very hard to support but there was never enough.

Lesson learned.

If I see someone dropping money I will return it, but if I see no dropping then it's mine.

If I found a wallet, which I have. I would return everything to it's rightful owner. If I find something that is unreturnable, then I am the rightful owner.

I do work for the universe and that costs money. I do work for other people and that costs money too. The funding has to come from somewhere. It does in unexpected ways. I learned that is ok. I wouldn't call it karma, but funding.

If I was a cop and found money on the job, that is not found money. It is part of the work, even if nobody would know...somebody would know. I always know what I do, what feels right and what feels wrong. Sometimes I leave money for someone else to find.

Clover
03-03-2017, 04:54 AM
I remember when I was going to hop on a taxi cab in Miami during Hurricane type weather, a super heavy wind gust blew our Taxi's drivers money out of his hands and dollar bills flew EVERYWHERE Lol. We all ran to grab them, even the strangers around ran us ran to get his money flying in all directions. Everyone chased and gave the money back to him. Considering Miami is a tourist city with high organized crime, It really was so kind that no one was looking to take off or run with his money. Random story :D but a memorable acts of kindness I wont forget

Space Between Matter
03-03-2017, 08:20 AM
I recently found five pounds on the ground after giving a homeless man a five pound note a few days before. I now always keep a five pound note in my hat to give away when the time feels right. It stays in my hat and finds it's way to where it wants to go if you know what I mean. I find it an enjoyable way to make someone's day.