PDA

View Full Version : Your Fountain Of Youth ...

God-Like
15-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi Guys ...

Whats keeps you young at heart and what keeps you ageless ........

x daz x

someguy92
15-02-2014, 07:45 PM
You are ageless, you just never realized it. My fountain of youth is me, its in me since my birth. Your soul knows no such thing as age, the only thing that gets rusted and is influenced by sand of time...is your body. Imagine your body as a car or machine, because well it is your machine a well fine built perfect machine, of course you have to maintenance it, but it works smoothly and there is no better out there.

Clover
15-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Running.I live for it. Since the winter started I haven't been myself,the weather has stopped me from running.Just a mess.

Mr Interesting
16-02-2014, 06:47 PM
I know what you're talking about and for me it's just about having fun and I'm at the age, early fifties, where it's getting easier and easier to just do less so I'm into adding some exercise to my life to retain the physicality I had when I was young.

So while it's good that we're childlike in our hearts I think we gotta be childlike in our physicality to maintain that - being limber and athletic and strong enough with the costs of being happy.

BlueSky
16-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Hi Guys ...

x daz x
Grandchildren

silent whisper
16-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Love of life.

Connection, healthy food, healthy relationships, nature, children, music my creative pursuits/hobbies, taking care of my body...

Being me I suppose.

silent whisper
16-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Grandchildren

Children for sure!

Saggi
16-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Grandchildren

Yes,,, I'm very much looking forward to my third nip at childhood :D

Simply I just love the people/things/moments/days that seem to make ya heart blip,,,

It's like a kick start

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Sarian
16-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Running.I live for it. Since the winter started I haven't been myself,the weather has stopped me from running.Just a mess.

While I don't live for it, I love it, or just going out on my trails, run, jog walk, dance even. I've been going out as much as I can still, but I never broke down and got boots, so I keep wearing my sneakers with gortex ..(waterproof)...I get a work out that's for sure trying to run in high snow...even just walking in high snow is a work out...but yeah, I can't wait for warm weather. IT's the dreary phase of winter and it's really getting to me.

BlueSky
16-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Hi Guys ...

x daz x
Advil.....lol

Papa Bear
17-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi Guys ...

x daz x

Hi you,
Loving. :hug3:

7luminaries
17-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Hey :smile:

Waaaay better than any skin cream and most forms of hard exercise...(not moderate stuff but all extreme stuff
which falls into the realm of flogging, scourging, extreme deprivation or fasting,
and all other forms of severe penance and general mortification of the flesh :tongue: )...

Is living a holistic life. A life that is whole and integrated on all levels.
Living a holistic, heart-centred life peels years of wear & tear off one's mind, body and soul.
Being open-hearted and being open-minded in service to heart keep one strong, agile, balanced, and sincerely engaged in the giving and receiving of life...in both the learning and the loving of life. Resisting the flow in either direction is in opposition to this balance and engagement that are core (coeur!) pillars of integrity and health, and ultimately render one weak and inflexible...thus compromising all pillars.

Being true to self, to Self, and to your selves (to one's self, to Spirit, and to those with whom we are most closely connected) is key.
And being informed and engaged so that we can take heart-centred, earth-centred, holistic decisions in our lives and our involvement
with one another, and with communities, nations, and markets.

Integrity is the core principle of health, and thus of life itself.
As evidenced, when the spark of life passes from the body, it immediately begins to lose physical integrity.
Integrity yields transcendent beauty, truth, and purity (or clarity of purpose), as evidenced in its presence and its numinous, sacred energy.
Where the whole is truly greater than the sum of all parts.
Integrity is the manifestation (or grace/blessing) of love from Spirit into our reality.

Peace & blessings,
7L

7luminaries
17-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Hey :smile:

Way better than any skin cream and most forms of hard exercise...(not moderate stuff but that extreme stuff which falls into mortification of the flesh :tongue: )...

Is living a holistic life. Living a holistic, heart-centered life peels years of wear & tear off of your mind, body and soul. Being open-hearted and being open-minded in service to heart keep one strong, agile, and sincerely engaged life and in learning.

Being true to self, to Self, and to your selves (to one's self, to Spirit, and to those with whom we are most closely connected) is key. And being informed and engaged so that we can take heart-centred, earth-centred decisions in our involvement with community, nation, and markets.

That is, integrity is the core principle of health, and thus of life itself. As evidenced, when the spark of life passes from the body, it immediately begins to lose physical integrity. Integrity yields beauty, truth, and purity (or clarity of purpose), as evidenced in its presence and its numinous, sacred energy. Integrity is the manifestation (or grace/blessing) of love from Spirit into our reality.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Nada
18-02-2014, 02:25 AM
Curiosity
Endless pursuit of truth
Appreciation for all things
Loving the life itself
Encounters with wonderful souls of all kinds

And of course,
Good skin care products, vitamins and minerals supplement, probiotics, good health, my pets.

revolver
18-02-2014, 04:36 AM
I see life as a big joke and I'm part of that joke, I have a good sense of humour, and I think it keeps me young at heart.

God-Like
18-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Thanks for your thoughts so far :hug3:

A nice blog I read somewhere I thought it may be relevant to the thread at hand ... so just wanted to share it .. so here it is :)

Isn’t it amazing to see that even teenagers today are suffering from premature graying and resorting to lacing their bodies with chemical-based cosmetics in a bid to make their face glow and hair shine? On the other hand, our rishis of yore not only had a great physique but also had glowing complexions, shiny mane and a healthy body till the very end; they did not age. What was it that they did, that was so different? Had they found the fountain of youth? In truth they simply understood the principles that govern the creation. The good news is that they have left this reservoir of gyan on anti-ageing in the form of yogic techniques like the Sanatan Kriya, the practice of which brings a being in harmony with nature.

To understand the process of ageing, we must start from the cell. The body (during its inception) for the first half-an-hour is just one cell; so actually all of us in those 30 minutes are just one cell and then that one cell multiplies forming the whole body. However, that is the physical aspect of the body. What you must understand is that one cell is limited in energy, it is not unlimited. Unfortunately, once the energy finishes, the cell finishes, there is no way of getting it back. That means once wrinkles set in, they have set in, there is no way of getting smoothness or tautness of the skin back. The cell gets nourishment from the various aspects of the creation. One of these aspects (a major aspect) is the sun. This shining life force provides nourishment for the entire creation, in totality. A cell can derive nourishment directly from the sun, which leads to prolonging its life and giving it a boost. In Sanatan Kriya, a simple technique called ‘Surya Sadhna’ has been elucidated, and it is said he who practices this will glow like the sun. The practice requires connecting with the sun; however, when connecting, the sun should be pink in colour—be very careful about this. The sun should not have turned towards subtler shades of orange. Because at the basic level if you look at it when it is orange, then that cell can even burn. As we advance in ‘Surya Sadhna’, we then connect with the higher colours. Karan inMahabharat used to connect with the most subtle shade of the sun, which is why his body used to glow.

It is a question of how you slowly progress into the sadhna, it is not something, which you do instantly (if on the very first day you start looking at the orange sun, you will burn your eyes). As you progress, slowly you adjust and accustom the body to the energy or prana of the sun. Once your cells start to reverberate at the energy of the sun, then ageing ceases and the glow and beauty you will exude becomes apparent for all to see. When you connect with the energy of the sun, then that glow starts to come into the cell, and when the cell multiplies it multiplies in a much healthier way and it does not consume the vitals; the vitals that it is consisted of. At Dhyan Ashram, spiritual aspirants practice the kriya at sunrise and sunset when you can easily access the subtler energy of the mighty sun.

Surya Sadhna’'involves chanting of specific mantras while fixing the gaze at sun and offering water to it.. This is done so that the rays coming from the sun get filtered through the water. These rays know where they have to go, since the consciousness of the sun is far superior to your consciousness levels. You might or might not understand the sun’s consciousness but your cell, what you actually are, the inherent you, your being, your core, understands the sun very well. It talks to the sun in a different language, not the one you understand; it talks in the language of consciousness.

Remember, the creation holds millions of secrets to anti-ageing all around us.

Miss Hepburn
18-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Hi Guys ...

x daz x
Immaturity.

MuadDib
18-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Love is essential. The others just follow...

Connection, healthy food, healthy relationships, nature, children, music my creative pursuits/hobbies, taking care of my body...
I feel breeze of youth whenever it looks my effort is beneficial for others.

And what about Li Ching Yuen legend, isn't be inspiration? (Chinese herbalist, 256 yrs and 200+ children maybe...) :smile:

7luminaries
19-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Love is essential. The others just follow...

Agreed. You and PB stated the the short form of what I said and intended.

Immaturity.

:tongue: hahaha....so true!

Peace & blessings,
7L

7luminaries
19-02-2014, 12:18 AM
The practice requires connecting with the sun; however, when connecting, the sun should be pink in colour—be very careful about this. The sun should not have turned towards subtler shades of orange.

First a beautifully symbolic post.

Literally of course there is no way I would advise.
The caucasian colouration of the subcontinent along the equator is literally among the toughest skin on earth with regard to melanoma incidence. Likewise, it is possible that black-eyed iris colouration may (???) withstand some minimal and gradual direct exposure to the sun. However, I would never advise this for anyone, and particularly in today's compromised ozone layer over many parts of the globe.

Now figuratively, of course, I see it as very meaningful. Instruction on connecting with one's inner will (solar plexus chakra) and guiding your life force up through the heart chakra (green like the earth) and the higher heart chakra, which is pink or rose. All the way up to the present time, the challenge still for most here on earth is to open their heart chakras fully and invest in their higher heart chakras. The higher chakras beyond this are as yet still unawakened for many, and the wisdom of this teaching is still very timely.

Just don't literally stare into the sun please :wink:
Peace & blessings Teddy,
Panda

MuadDib
19-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Thanks God-Like and 7luminaries for delicate sun*g experiences...

I can say today, sunrises/sunsets are very desirable in spring but sun can overcharge in summer in a few days. My charging process took about one year and it could be said I threw away sunglasses forever. After years, I learned more about reasonable sun dosage in summer, depending on geographical latitude, weather, and my current shape so. It's the same as with eating, body knows... :smile:

God-Like
20-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Thanks God-Like and 7luminaries for delicate sun*g experiences...

I can say today, sunrises/sunsets are very desirable in spring but sun can overcharge in summer in a few days. My charging process took about one year and it could be said I threw away sunglasses forever. After years, I learned more about reasonable sun dosage in summer, depending on geographical latitude, weather, and my current shape so. It's the same as with eating, body knows... :smile:

No problemo MuadDib, and I agree about the body knows .. the same goes for other self aspects .. ' self knows self best' lols .

x daz x