PDA

View Full Version : Songs in the mind/head. What would you say this is?

Astro
13-02-2014, 02:54 PM
After going to bed last night, my mind was wondering along a random trail of thought when I noticed a song was playing in the background.

It's a song that I've skipped over during the last day or two, but after listing to it today it seems to have provided useful advice.

What would you put this down to please? Could it be the workings of the mind, or a kind of audio dream? Could it be a message from the great beyond? Is there something else it could be?

What does this kind of thing mean to you?

Albalida
13-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Sometimes it's just clutter, like a lot of our thoughts. Something I heard on the radio or was playing on MTV when somebody else was watching.

Other times, I notice that it might be my emotional state or spiritual vibration that matches the music, not necessarily the words or the message or the theme. "Between the Lines" is a heartbreaking song (by Sara Bareilles) but when that got stuck in my head, it was more like because my daily life at that time matched its mellow tune.

I've never had a song come into my head for a Divine Purpose, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Astro
15-02-2014, 12:42 AM
I tend not to get songs in my head at random but calling it clutter is a good point, so not to read too much into it.

I've never had a song come into my head for a Divine Purpose, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

I've had music play in dreams. Whether dreams are divine messages or simply the mechanics of the mind, I don't know but the playing of the music did interpret well enough.

MrKappa
17-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I also have experienced this. As if a high quality radio, or cd was playing inside my mind. The fidelity of the recording was incredible.

As Astro says, divine or mechanics of the mind are both plausible in some regards.

Photographic memory which some claim is unproven is obviously a truth in some regards. Whether they can prove that scientifically or whether it remains in the realm of urban legend is a wait and see.

If I may offer an alternative option. I believe the mind is vastly underestimated in terms of potential, and the lifestyles we currently lead have separated us from our senses, and dulled us in some regards.

I imagine some neaderthal in pre-history wandering inside their cave during winter, and recalling bird songs in their mind in perfect clarity as some form of entertainment.

Maybe animals to this day have this ability locked away unknown with us?

Some birds after all, are perfect mimics, and can recite other birds songs with perfect accuracy.

So... is the song from a third party source? If you have heard the song before, probably not a third party source, unless we are dealing with Loki, right? :D In my scenario I was recalling with perfect clarity songs I had not heard in what seemed years, so, all I can think, is wow.

If it is a new original music, the implications of artistic genius cannot be ignored, however a brain highly in tune with other spiritual planes of existence, or sub-conscious sub-atomic planes of ethereal existence are an option as well.

livingkarma
17-02-2014, 04:10 PM
It's a song that I've skipped over during the last day or two, but after listing to it today it seems to have provided useful advice.

A sign of what is needed ...
We hear when we are ready to hear what is needed ... :wink:

Emmalevine
17-02-2014, 04:21 PM
I get this all the time and the song is always incredibly meaningful to my life. Often it is really apt.

Too often in the past I wondered why I had a particular song in my head but just brushed it off.

I believe it's a message from the subsconscious, higher self, Divine, God or whatever your preferred term.

Astro
18-02-2014, 10:53 PM
If I may offer an alternative option. I believe the mind is vastly underestimated in terms of potential, and the lifestyles we currently lead have separated us from our senses, and dulled us in some regards.

That's a sentiment I share.

Astro
18-02-2014, 11:48 PM
A sign of what is needed ...
We hear when we are ready to hear what is needed ... :wink:

I get this all the time and the song is always incredibly meaningful to my life. Often it is really apt.

Too often in the past I wondered why I had a particular song in my head but just brushed it off.

I believe it's a message from the subsconscious, higher self, Divine, God or whatever your preferred term.

Thank you both :)

lil
19-02-2014, 12:55 AM
Some mantras are quite beautiful as light to soul, as they go straigth to heart.

Adept
19-02-2014, 05:54 AM
After going to bed last night, my mind was wondering along a random trail of thought when I noticed a song was playing in the background.

What would you put this down to please? Could it be the workings of the mind, or a kind of audio dream? Could it be a message from the great beyond? Is there something else it could be?

What does this kind of thing mean to you?

Just something that got stuck in your mind. My girlfriend's alarm song played for a literal second this morning and was stuck in my head. Dreams are pretty much a random scrambling of everything our senses take in during a day as well as thoughts.

revolver
19-02-2014, 05:57 AM
probably the subconscious mind remembered something in the words of the song ?.

Astro
19-02-2014, 12:55 PM
What I should have pointed out (this may be of interest to MrKappa) was that the song was coming from a different physical location to the usual thoughts, it was toward the back of my brain. Likewise I once had what I can only call a telepathic message, which was received in the right rear quarter of the brain.

Maybe I shouldn't have called it just a song either, that might understate it. It was CD quality audio (as MrKappa mentioned), an exact copy of the original, but as if heard through a phone speaker placed inside of my head.

So...when I've had a song stuck in my head in the usualy way, it's there as my thoughts are there. In that silent way that they exist. A song brought up from the depths of the mind, in my experience, are as thought. Sung with my internal voice, and with no instrumentals.

I can only conclude that I'm looking at the workings of an ongoing awakening to what I will just call the spirit.

Thank you all very much for your input :read2:

livingkarma
19-02-2014, 02:24 PM
The music returned yesterday ...
Geez, it was loud earlier ...
I'm headed for an important meeting today regarding his legacy ...
I need tons of support to what is needed ...
Apparently, my DH knows this so he is sending support through a song ...
Its a song I wasn't too familiar with since I'm into R&R, but it certainly makes me aware it is all him - too funny! ...
"Hero" by Enrique Inglesias ... :laughing11:

Emmalevine
19-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Dreams are pretty much a random scrambling of everything our senses take in during a day as well as thoughts.

They can be but when you pay attention to dreams with an open mind, they begin to change and give you messages. I regularly receive dreams that give me information that I didn't know before, or contain symbolic imagery or numbers that are relevant to something going on in my life. I often receive highly spiritual dreams with religious imagery as well. Dreams arise from the subconscious and if you make the unconscious, conscious, it will reward you a million times over.