PDA

View Full Version : How do you move your body?

Kaie
12-02-2014, 09:13 PM
I used to be so hardcore about working out, lately I am more gentle with myself. I have been alternating weights/kettlebell with yoga and dancing when I feel like it. It feels good to take the pressure away. I feel more connected with my body. Even if I don't like how I feel some days, I am able to figure out how to nourish my spirit through movement...

How about you? How do you move and what does it do for you?

AstraMaeve
14-02-2014, 02:22 PM
I've always hated going to the gym, so I do a lot of workout that just use my body weight, or some 5 lbs. dumbbells - and I do a ton of yoga. I also like doing any sort of outside activity whether if be going for a walk or hike or climbing trees. :)
I also find that it helps me to meditate after a workout (and oftentimes beforehand too). That way I really feel like I'm getting the most out of whatever activities I've done, and I really helps me feel centered and connected to myself.
Rebounding (mini-trampoline) is another really great workout.

MrKappa
15-02-2014, 05:07 PM
I prefer aerobic dance, and long distance endurance nature rides.

Never really got into the weight lifting. Probably great pushing the limits, in order that the next level is reached, but the same can be done through more enjoyable and less stressful routines.

Clover
15-02-2014, 05:13 PM
I think it's good to give your body a good break.I am more at the gym to sculpt.I am a marathon runner,so I train consistently for about 3 or 4 weeks,and thereafter when I get to my goal,I will stop all activity for at last 2 weeks. Let the bones and muscles recover,which is very important,plus you won't get bored with every day same routine.

running
17-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Yeah I have toned it down to. Nothing against the heavy weights and the building of larger muscles. Its just easier, simpler and I get what I want from doing up downs and running. A few times a week works good for me. More is better if I can. Sometimes I can't do it a few times a week and I still stay in shape.

The up downs I'm better if not in consecutive days. But I could and its okay. I just downt heal at 40 as I did 20. Lol.

renewe
27-02-2014, 07:24 AM
I do yoga, jogging (preferably on the beach), and contemporary dance. I used to gym and do karate when I were younger - about 10 years ago - but I now favour movement that are flowing and gentle on my body.

justbry87
28-02-2014, 07:20 PM
At the moment I'm just doing full body work outs with stretching
before and after. I also do ab work outs every other day.

I haven't been out in a long time, but I dance a lot. House dancing
a bit of Hip-Hop, fun stuff ;]

Belle
28-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Mostly I walk, but I also yoga and gym. I'm non bendy and non fit. I'm a bit sad, as I used to be ok at yoga and gym and i let it slide.

Anyway the walk is wonderful excercise and I can guarantee to hardly be able to walk the next day. I'm blessed tho with wonderful countryside around me.

I want to get strong and supple. It's good for the soul and mind. I feel happier and things are better when I work out.

Uma
28-02-2014, 08:06 PM
My fingers get a great workout on the keyboard :D

Tanemon
28-02-2014, 08:20 PM
I shovel snow - tons of it, during any given winter. Also do cross-country skiing. Fair weather seasons: hiking, sometimes canoeing... always garden & carpentry work. I use 17-20 lb dumbells for a series of upper body moves, if I'm not feeling I get enough reisistance exercise outdoors. I use certain yoga postures, rotational exercises, and this sort of thing to keep mobility, work through any backaches, and such. I like to dance to music I enjoy, either live-performance or recorded. :smile:

Faith33
02-03-2014, 08:44 PM
I walk and dance. (waiting for nicer weather to start walking again) A daily, seven kilometer walk , which takes me about an hour is perfect for me. Tones plus keeps me energized for the rest of the day. Unfortunately the winter blues are unavoidable, so when walking is out of the question......a great belly dance works just as well. You'd be amazed at how tighter the middle area and thighs feel afterwards. When done on a regular basis, results are very apparent.

edgarb
01-12-2014, 04:15 AM
I like to move it move it. Rollerblading, weights, Yoga, Body weight exercises on bars.

Heaven
01-12-2014, 05:08 PM
I have to take it easy too. I like running in the treadmill is good for me, I think I have to take it a little bit easy on the weights. Last week I pulled a muscle in my left shoulder and back! The pain was horrible today the pain is not so bad but I was aching for the past week.

abaddon
02-12-2014, 03:08 AM
Hiking, bike riding, and lifting weights while watching Seinfeld in my home gym!