PDA

View Full Version : What happened to me?

1OneLove1
11-02-2014, 10:05 PM
I was laying in Savasana at the end of a yoga class.. and I was sort of experimenting with different gazes inside my head if that makes any sense. Like with my eyes closed I noticed that if I looked down with my eyeballs it felt like a normal "ok my eyes are closed" experience but that if I looked all the way up with my eyeballs, towards my forehead, it felt like my eyes were open even though my actual eyelids were closed.

So I decided to keep looking up with my gaze to see what would happen, and then I started to focus on the third eye which they often tell you to do in Yoga.. the whole time my eyes were closed and I had my arm over my eyes to block out any extra light. I would notice that I would start to feel like it was too intense and I would blink my eyes (eyelids closed still). So I basically tried to stare internally as long as possible without blinking my eyes. I had the urge to blink my eyes but I resisted it. All of a sudden the darkness started to get even blacker. I felt myself sort of fading/sinking into something else. I don't know how else to describe it. I got scared and opened my eyes. It took a few seconds to see the ceiling above me, it sort of faded in slowly instead of seeing it right away.

That was about an hour ago and I still feel very light-headed and I have a pressure headache. I can't focus and I feel like my vision is blurry.

What exactly was that?? :confused:

Rawnrr
11-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Well...since I always start at the physical and work in from there.....could it be that having your eyes rolled back like that put extra pressure on your optic nerve, straining it.
That could cause light headed feelings along with headaches and blurred vision.