PDA

View Full Version : Buying used tarot cards

SpiritPanda
09-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Hi

Just want to see what everyone's opinion is on buying used tarot cards?

I wouldn't normally buy used decks as I feel they absorb the users energy and makes them more personal to that user
But there is a deck that I've been using in my development circle, that my teacher owns, and I love them but I think they are out of print because buying them new is anywhere from £40-100
Buying used ones starts at £7

I would obviously cleanse them before I use them but if they've been used for a long time, would this be enough to clear the old energy?

Thanks

Boldwiseone
09-02-2014, 11:42 PM
how are you going to cleanse them?

Adrienne
10-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Hello SpiritPanda,

If you cleanse them, I would say it would be ok for you to use them.

As for how to cleanse them, perhaps ask your teacher ? I am sure he/ she would have an answer for you, or someone here may have just the answer for you.

Dream Angel xx

kimtsan
10-02-2014, 05:57 AM
I can't do it...for me it's a bit icky just because I love the fresh new "paper" feel. and even the slightest wrinkle will drive me crazy...so I always get new decks.

Albalida
10-02-2014, 06:00 AM
Unless the deck was used to bludgeon someone to death, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If the person who had them before had good energy, or wasn't as interested in psychism as simply having the pretty cards (some decks that I buy just don't jive with me, so they sit on my shelf psychically asleep until I find the right person to give them away to--I doubt I left much of an impression on them!), then it wouldn't be that bad.

Adrienne
10-02-2014, 06:13 AM
(some decks that I buy just don't jive with me, so they sit on my shelf psychically asleep.....

I have a few decks like that, I like how you worded it " psychically asleep " :smile:

Boldwiseone
10-02-2014, 02:13 PM
well I was going to say that I've found smudging a great way to cleanse almost anything - I even smudge hand-me-down clothes lol

I have used lender decks in the past and have found a quick smudge with some white sage and some bonding with the deck and it's energetically good as new :)

kimtsan
10-02-2014, 11:45 PM
I bought a set of second-hand Rune stones before...I let them sit in my room to kind of let the energy of my room and my self "sink in", and I pick them up until it feels like "I own them"...

Puggy
01-09-2014, 05:53 PM
I feel drawn to used decks, I like the energy they have. New cards feel a bit sterile to me.

Awakened Queen
02-09-2014, 02:15 PM
I sage all my decks. Ask for the highest of Love and Light to be infused into the cards and set the intention that every reading will be for the highest good.

Pagandell
02-09-2014, 11:24 PM
I feel drawn to used decks, I like the energy they have. New cards feel a bit sterile to me.
Yeah I feel the same :icon_mrgreen: