PDA

View Full Version : Why do we have spiritual awakenings?

LC2488
09-02-2014, 08:23 AM
In the midst of having one myself, I pondered why do we have them? Is an awakening a supposed sign? I've noticed irony that people tend to get real spiritual before death. Coincidence? Or does this fit one of the 'signs' of reasons for having an awakening?

silent whisper
09-02-2014, 10:11 AM
In the midst of having one myself, I pondered why do we have them? Is an awakening a supposed sign? I've noticed irony that people tend to get real spiritual before death. Coincidence? Or does this fit one of the 'signs' of reasons for having an awakening?

Yes many on their deathbed have realizations before passing over. The nature of letting go for some can open up that space of awareness and feelings about what is important through that awakening space..

I suppose in any awakening in our lives, their is opportunity to open to a greater connection with ourselves and life itself, it can deepen our experience with all life and help us live more connected.

Belle
09-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Life is full of spiritual awakenings, some are pleasant experiences and some are not. And some - are - just normal life experiences but can help us on the way.

The key is what do we do with them in our lifetimes.

Anyway - when a person is approaching death, their loved ones will be coming round them to help them on their way. And so they may be conscious of shifting worlds, shifting energies - even if it is things that they can't be clear about or understand.

Emmalevine
09-02-2014, 10:47 AM
I've always believed it's because the purpose of our human existence is to realise who we really are and to bring the Divine into our human lives.

Nameless
09-02-2014, 11:25 AM
I believe we are spiritual beings having a physical experience. And when we connect to the spirituality that is inside us, to our inner being who loves us unconditionally, life gets easier and means more than without it. It gets more fun to be ourselves.

We are all on a spiritual journey, and they are all different because we are all different. I believe we are all a piece of God, and it is fun to embrace the uniqueness of it all. There is no one in the Universe like you. And when you embrace that, that is so much fun, to live your life however you want. Then the question is, what do you want?

wstein
10-02-2014, 01:56 AM
People have spiritual awakenings because they are spiritual beings. Through intention, circumstance, or just luck they become aware of it.

Yes, it can be a rude and troublesome experience especially if you weren't seeking it.

Maguru
10-02-2014, 03:55 AM
In the midst of having one myself, I pondered why do we have them? Is an awakening a supposed sign? I've noticed irony that people tend to get real spiritual before death. Coincidence? Or does this fit one of the 'signs' of reasons for having an awakening?For me it has been a process of inner transformation. I would say that my awakening has been really tough. I haven't found or connected to the divine or come to believe in any spiritual doctrine but I have come to know myself, understand myself and accept myself as a whole spiritual-human-being. I hope it was worth it. We'll see. :smile:

revolver
11-02-2014, 06:18 AM
No matter if you are awake or not, you cannot be anything else other than who you are, and that is pure Source, near death many start to lose their ego and therefore feel closer to who they are already.

Maguru
11-02-2014, 08:28 AM
No matter if you are awake or not, you cannot be anything else other than who you are, and that is pure Source, near death many start to lose their ego and therefore feel closer to who they are already.
How can we be pure source?

revolver
12-02-2014, 12:01 AM
How can we be pure source?
Hi Maguru, well how can we be a mind body organism, of course that is what we are, but in truth we are also pure Source, and again how can we be that, we don't need to be that because we are already that.

Maguru
12-02-2014, 12:21 AM
Hi Maguru, well how can we be a mind body organism, of course that is what we are, but in truth we are also pure Source, and again how can we be that, we don't need to be that because we are already that.Can you explain this a bit more?

revolver
12-02-2014, 12:29 AM
Can you explain this a bit more?

mmmm, I don't know if I can, words sort of get in the way, is there anything I said that you want to question in particular ?. :smile:

Maguru
12-02-2014, 01:02 AM
mmmm, I don't know if I can, words sort of get in the way, is there anything I said that you want to question in particular ?. :smile:
We experience being mind body organism but 'being source' doesn't seem to fit in with our experience. What do you mean by source?

revolver
12-02-2014, 01:10 AM
We experience being mind body organism but 'being source' doesn't seem to fit in with our experience. What do you mean by source?

Well you can call the Source, God, consciousness or whatever it doesn't matter because whatever we call it, that isn't what it is. Its where everything comes from and where everything goes back to, and all of this is One, just like the waves on an ocean, the waves if they could think are thinking their separate from the ocean.

Maguru
12-02-2014, 02:29 AM
Well you can call the Source, God, consciousness or whatever it doesn't matter because whatever we call it, that isn't what it is. Its where everything comes from and where everything goes back to, and all of this is One, just like the waves on an ocean, the waves if they could think are thinking their separate from the ocean.
I understand your logic but unfortunately, we do think. :)

I am looking to spirituality for something we can all experience or are already experiencing to connect us as One. I think (there I go again) we can only possibly experience 'source' when we die. I don't want to wait. :D

revolver
12-02-2014, 03:19 AM
I understand your logic but unfortunately, we do think. :)

I am looking to spirituality for something we can all experience or are already experiencing to connect us as One. I think (there I go again) we can only possibly experience 'source' when we die. I don't want to wait. :D

You don't have to wait, you are already the source, you have to remember the Source has no feelings as we do being as humans, the Source in fact feels and enjoys its creation through us, when your dead your dead, your sensation has finished. The Source isn't greedy like us, it simply makes other beings to experience itself, where we try to cling to life.

Maguru
12-02-2014, 03:30 AM
You don't have to wait, you are already the source, you have to remember the Source has no feelings as we do being as humans, the Source in fact feels and enjoys its creation through us, when your dead your dead, your sensation has finished. The Source isn't greedy like us, it simply makes other beings to experience itself, where we try to cling to life.
Are you saying Source doesn't have as many emotions as us and only feels and enjoys its power of creation, or its creative power through us?