PDA

View Full Version : some unexpected unfortunate situations

love_thy_neighbour2
07-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Hi all,

I am new. I have a question here. Has anyone experienced family people just not taking his/her side at all? I stopped meditation because of too much stress. It happened that there was a time about 15 years ago when I was short of money and food in s stran ge asian country, but I am from Senegal. So I wrote to my mother and he contacted my junior brother in UK where students had some odd jobs so he could send me some money. I accepted the money innocently and after about five years, I graduated. I never knew that my brother was angry about this. He has bullied me and treated me so badly, and everyone has been on his side. When I visted UK, the first thing he did was to start insulting me that I was lazy and that I had deceived him I was sick so he could send me money. My family also asked me to consider him as my senior, so he actually started bullying me as if I was his son for no good reason. I read the nine traits of a narcissist, recently, and found out that he has all the traits, especially the one of self absorption with extreme arrogance. The problem is, I have exposed myself to this so long that my blissful energy has disappeared. I do not know how to get my innocent bliss I used to have. I do not even have the energy to meditate anymore. Does anyone has a clue on how to attain blissful love again?

Average Joe
10-02-2014, 02:24 AM
It takes work to pull yourself out of the depression a close friend or family member puts you in. The key is realizing that every human is unique in the way we perceive the universe and handle life lessons. Your brother may have an underlying resentment towards you for some reason or another other than the money he has lent you in the past. Have you paid him back yet? If not, try your best to do so. Genuinely apologize for it, ask for his forgiveness, but if he chooses not to forgive you, you just have to decide to not stress about it. It's a mind thing. You can't make him do anything, but you also have to learn not to let it get to you after you've done everything you can to make things better.
As for meditation, that's a whole different subject. What's your method? I find what works best for me is to lock my door and turn every distraction I have off. Turn my lights off. And then light a candle and stare into the flame for 15 minutes ridding my mind of all thoughts, as if I'm releasing all my worries into the flame. Then I lay down and begin meditating with a clear mindset.

I hope this helps :)