PDA

View Full Version : Continuing the search when it appears that nothing can be found

BurningBush
07-02-2014, 04:53 AM
Silent whisper, where you at?

Adept
07-02-2014, 06:22 AM
I think that if you should come to the conclusion that nothing could be found you might as well stop searching.

Adept
07-02-2014, 06:22 AM
I also feel like that was a terrible sentence on my part...

Whatever

silent whisper
07-02-2014, 07:16 AM
Silent whisper, where you at?

Going out for dinner, will be back later..:)

God-Like
07-02-2014, 07:45 AM
How does one know that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow unless they look ..

The process of being someone to being no-one can only be 'lived' within the process of experience ...

There is something lacking / missing when someone else reads a book and tells you how the story goes ..

x daz x

A human Being
07-02-2014, 11:42 AM
I also feel like that was a terrible sentence on my part...

Whatever
I've read much worse, tbf, I could actually make sense of that.

silent whisper
07-02-2014, 11:48 AM
In the appearance of nothing there is everything, you know.

loopylucid
07-02-2014, 11:53 AM
When does something we cant find usually appear, is it within the chaos of looking, searching, seeking, panicking and expecting!? sometimes, but dispersed into a huge flurry of anxious high energy states flitting around with no real direction. Sometimes they'll hit home, most of the time they will just confuse and disappoint tho.

Or is it more often in the moment we give up the expectation of finding it, stop for a while, sit down, take a break... awwww there it is!
When it comes to the spiritual side, how much of the searching is done externally? how much do we rely on any other thing, but ourselves for any clues, or hints, any signs?

In amongst all this and our need for answers, how much actual time, when we really think about it, is left to the only thing were really ever going to need, Awareness.
In awareness there is no seeking out of, there is no looking for. There are just moments in quiteness, when our attentiveness sits quietly, opens up a space to just see, not seek, to be aware.
In the little ive seen with others and that of myself. Giving up i had always thought of as a type of failure, that ive stopped pushing and putting energy in.

As time goes by i have become to realise, that effortlessness is key to wide open spaces, not cluttered with my interpretations and expectations.
So in conclusion, what little i have to offer here, is maybe, its time to just stop. Become aware of every little thing that goes on around you, rather than searching for something specific.
It might take a few weeks for the mind to calm into this, but try working with it, nothing to loose right?

When you feel something, try not to label it, just feel it for a while, dont see anything as a possible answer, let it just be what it is., dont push it to unfold into something you have pre concieved, let it be natural and allow it to be born, rather than enforced.

I wrote this recently, well this is one verse, kind of seems apt to what im saying haha!
pushing pushing pushing for answers in thin air,
grasping at yet more questions on the by,
everything and nothing is here and over there,
But the only question sparking movement is who the hell am i?

Sometimes its like we think all this huge stuff spiritually has to go on all the time, and in that forget that those quiet times, are just as vital in the balance of things.

Its usually in that moment of surrender, we look inwards and discover a wealth of experiences unfolding, that had been waiting for us all along, just to stop being to busy to recognise.

I think things really open up to us, when we do the one very significant search. That search is within ourself.

Just some loopy thoughts.

Loopy

grannymary
07-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Wait, you may find something can come from nothing. There is a whole lot of it that's for sure.

BurningBush
07-02-2014, 02:56 PM
In the appearance of nothing there is everything, you know.

Wait, you may find something can come from nothing. There is a whole lot of it that's for sure.

Either of you care to elaborate?

silent whisper
07-02-2014, 09:08 PM
I hold out my hand and tell you I have in my hand the most beautiful gift for you.

You look at my hand, and see nothing, you are bewildered, puzzled by my offering and really don't understand why I would do this. Why would I trick you in this way when there is nothing there?

I smile at your bewildered realization.

BurningBush
07-02-2014, 10:23 PM
I hold out my hand and tell you I have in my hand the most beautiful gift for you.

You look at my hand, and see nothing, you are bewildered, puzzled by my offering and really don't understand why I would do this. Why would I trick you in this way when there is nothing there?

I'm having a little trouble deciphering this riddle. (I realize that it might not be a riddle to you)

silent whisper
07-02-2014, 11:25 PM
I'm having a little trouble deciphering this riddle. (I realize that it might not be a riddle to you)

I figured you would..reason I smiled..lol.

*Everything* in the nothing, could be viewed as the untapped, undiscovered, unexplored....yet it appears as nothing to that view you have put up. So how you perceive *search* could be viewed in new ways beyond seeking itself, it could be about immersing, exploring, discovering, imagining, dreaming, loving, caring, being.... even in the nothing that you perceive as *nothing to be found*....this then leads to everything untapped in seeds of potential.:)

silent whisper
08-02-2014, 12:05 AM
I love riddles by the way and yours is no exception..:D

wstein
08-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Its not a riddle, just a lost question (mark).

silent whisper
08-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Its not a riddle, just a lost question (mark).

It is what you perceive it to be..so it could well be a riddle or a lost question

or something completely unknown to either of us.

BurningBush
08-02-2014, 12:44 AM
I figured you would..reason I smiled..lol.

*Everything* in the nothing, could be viewed as the untapped, undiscovered, unexplored....yet it appears as nothing to that view you have put up. So how you perceive *search* could be viewed in new ways beyond seeking itself, it could be about immersing, exploring, discovering, imagining, dreaming, loving, caring, being.... even in the nothing that you perceive as *nothing to be found*....this then leads to everything untapped in seeds of potential.:)
Let me get this straight. It's ceasing to search for an endpoint and finding a way of being?

BlueSky
08-02-2014, 01:04 AM
The ground of being observes being ie "presence". Aware presence.

BurningBush
08-02-2014, 01:18 AM
The ground of being observes being ie "presence". Aware presence.
What does this have to do with searching?

BlueSky
08-02-2014, 01:25 AM
What does this have to do with searching?
It is what came to mind when I read your statement above it. I post things as they come to mind.

silent whisper
08-02-2014, 01:57 AM
Let me get this straight. It's ceasing to search for an endpoint and finding a way of being?

I guess so.

no1wakesup
08-02-2014, 02:36 AM
Continuing the search when it appears that nothing can be found

If its a conclusion first made in the mind, then it is simply another belief which will either anchor itself and become conviction or change its mind once again. That approach will almost every single time add more labels, experience and conditioning about the story of finding liberation, awakening etc. If it takes away or adds value to your present identity, then that’s not it. Its more about unbecoming the duality of absolutes in every facet of conceptual experience. The first conclusion or any prior knowledge is never found in that which has no more borders. However, the mind will easily establish this nothing as a failed attempt from an expectation really looking for somethingness. It has nothing to do with being able to define it with words, expectations or stories. It will only play out in an experience, absolutely and positively , including the continuation of me. After all, if you’re not continuously grasping for something, you’re falling.

However, when natural expression, deep insight or inspiration trumps or jolts the usual filtering and instantaneous interpretation of our senses, then an attention behind the perpetual process of thought has potential to expand and endure. As that awareness expands the scenery becomes more obvious. In that quality, the nothingness or non tangibility (not defined in a dual concept) of our essential state awakens, finds a common ground and has the courage potential to move forward. If we continue to endure in that awareness, the last lingering attachments are dropped and a state is there were the result and concept of something and nothing is no more. This state no longer uses conceptual vices. It welcomes itself as primary consciousness no longer grasping something-ness or nothingness to sustain its own prior conditioning.

God-Like
08-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Continuing the search when it appears that nothing can be found

If its a conclusion first made in the mind, then it is simply another belief which will either anchor itself and become conviction or change its mind once again.

Absolutely, everything that one relates anything too within mind forms conceptual beliefs in some shape or form, its how one relates to anything, something, everything, even nothing ...

x daz x

grannymary
08-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Either of you care to elaborate?

Stillness, rest, non-change, eternity. Everlasting one. It is truly a riddle to us in the midst of things.

Yet we came out of that nothingness. It is a state of light, oneness without dress, with out a thing, no head no tail. Eternal bliss, and why leave the perfect place where all is smooth union?

Things. We called into being. In a temporary fashion, all for the purpose of distinguishing this first state of light. To know it through the shades and colors of things. In a procession we are given ever deeper contrasts, all for revealing the knowledge of the first state, the true reality, the origin, and also from our perspective, our destination, the last state. The last state is the same as the first.

The world of things, the origin, the destination are three states. Each state is supported by the two others.

Pretty weird huh. Give me the freedom to elaborate and my hand just takes off in the strangest way.

All is well. Life is good. Even bad is good and this is true when we come to nothing.

BlueSky
08-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Stillness, rest, non-change, eternity. Everlasting one. It is truly a riddle to us in the midst of things.

Yet we came out of that nothingness. It is a state of light, oneness without dress, with out a thing, no head no tail. Eternal bliss, and why leave the perfect place where all is smooth union?

Things. We called into being. In a temporary fashion, all for the purpose of distinguishing this first state of light. To know it through the shades and colors of things. In a procession we are given ever deeper contrasts, all for revealing the knowledge of the first state, the true reality, the origin, and also from our perspective, our destination, the last state. The last state is the same as the first.

The world of things, the origin, the destination are three states. Each state is supported by the two others.

Pretty weird huh. Give me the freedom to elaborate and my hand just takes off in the strangest way.

All is well. Life is good. Even bad is good and this is true when we come to nothing.
Nice
I don't see the beauty of this reflecting back on itself as purposeful though. I look and see that it is inherent
I see there is no standalone nothing. I see that I cannot see if there ever was or will be a standalone nothing. I see believing such can only make THIS appear to be something less and it isn't.
I hope you don't mind me sharing what arises in me from your post
Thanks for listening

grannymary
08-02-2014, 12:49 PM

I really love the way you put it down. Powerfully beautiful. The word gift is key. Oh how precious it is. This gift which keeps on giving.

Internal Queries
08-02-2014, 12:54 PM

well, when an empty hand is extended ... take it. contact.

grannymary
08-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Nice
I don't see the beauty of this reflecting back on itself as purposeful though. I look and see that it is inherent
I see there is no standalone nothing. I see that I cannot see if there ever was or will be a standalone nothing. I see believing such can only make THIS appear to be something less and it isn't.
I hope you don't mind me sharing what arises in me from your post
Thanks for listening

I don't mind.

Keep looking. I'd not say it is a stand alone nothing or that our physical experience is less. Oh no no. It is salvaged as the holy condition of revelation. All is sacred. Even if we don't feel it is while not sensing everything in this worldly condition.

Once upon a time a man told me a story about being raised from a boy at a bed and breakfast during the depression era. In his home his mother has fabulous spreads of food for the family and their guests. He tells me how wonderful things were in his home as a boy. He expressed to me that he was completely oblivious to the blessed nature of his environment because it was all he knew. He went away from home and only afterwords came to fully know how blessed he was in is parents home.

BlueSky
08-02-2014, 03:15 PM
I don't mind.

Keep looking. I'd not say it is a stand alone nothing or that our physical experience is less. Oh no no. It is salvaged as the holy condition of revelation. All is sacred. Even if we don't feel it is while not sensing everything in this worldly condition.

Once upon a time a man told me a story about being raised from a boy at a bed and breakfast during the depression era. In his home his mother has fabulous spreads of food for the family and their guests. He tells me how wonderful things were in his home as a boy. He expressed to me that he was completely oblivious to the blessed nature of his environment because it was all he knew. He went away from home and only afterwords came to fully know how blessed he was in is parents home.
Nice. I hope to hear more from you.
Blessings

BurningBush
08-02-2014, 08:38 PM
I guess so.
So cryptic.

silent whisper
08-02-2014, 10:05 PM
So cryptic.

I suppose it could be viewed that way.

silent whisper
08-02-2014, 10:07 PM
I really love the way you put it down. Powerfully beautiful. The word gift is key. Oh how precious it is. This gift which keeps on giving.

Thankyou.

Yes gift in all things, in our perceived nothing and everything..

silent whisper
08-02-2014, 10:10 PM
well, when an empty hand is extended ... take it. contact.

In the receiving, yes it can be *touched* too.

Neville
08-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Seven across 13 Letters, begins with an E Fifth letter G the clue was ...Knowing already that a thing is where you find it.

Don't mind me, just joining in with the crypticness.

I know so much that I know nothing. Or is that I know nothing and therefore have a wealth of knowledge.. It's all jolly confusing.

"The Frailty of Genius is that it demands an audience"

Sherlock Holmes's words not mine.

I digress. Bletchley was never my forte back to the crypticness presumably, unless of course communication is on the agenda.

Back to point, One can spend a life time looking for what was always there and not having noticed it carry on looking for it, a bit like the spectacles resting on the top of my head.. Now where did I put them ......

loopylucid
08-02-2014, 11:03 PM
a bit like the spectacles resting on the top of my head.. Now where did I put them ......

Quite a universal and easily interpretated analogy, nice :)

Loopy

silent whisper
09-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Seven across 13 Letters, begins with an E Fifth letter G the clue was ...Knowing already that a thing is where you find it.

Don't mind me, just joining in with the crypticness.

I know so much that I know nothing. Or is that I know nothing and therefore have a wealth of knowledge.. It's all jolly confusing.

"The Frailty of Genius is that it demands an audience"

Sherlock Holmes's words not mine.

I digress. Bletchley was never my forte back to the crypticness presumably, unless of course communication is on the agenda.

Back to point, One can spend a life time looking for what was always there and not having noticed it carry on looking for it, a bit like the spectacles resting on the top of my head.. Now where did I put them ......

Its interesting where ones focus can lay, I suppose that is a point, in the whole sharing in this thread as one big share..:)

Back to point, yes the view is in all of course.

interesting views you always show in both sides of your view and sharing.

Neville
09-02-2014, 01:40 AM
interesting views you always show in both sides of your view and sharing.

dualities eh, you can't live with them and you can't live without them.:smile: