PDA

View Full Version : Post Reiki pain!

Kaceykat
06-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Am Reiki level two. Had an unusual experience last night. Has anyone else ever felt great pain hours after a Reiki session? Using Reiki is so pleasant and soothing for me: this was startling.

Basically what happened was this: I wrenched my knee a little bit snowshoeing yesterday, no big deal. While I was giving it Reiki last night, on the spur of the moment I also Reikied an old broken bone in my foot. It never healed right, and it's always a little bit sore. By little I mean one out of 10 sore. Well, last night I couldn't sleep, the foot was spasming and hot as heck. Right in the break spot. I don't think it hurt this bad when the break happened!

I just tried to breathe through it, telling myself this was healing manifesting but by light of day it sure seems odd. Does anyone have any insight for me? Not sure I want to Reiki it again, ever!

innerlight
06-02-2014, 02:24 PM
I am sorry to hear you experienced pain after your Reiki session. There have been reports I have read where healee's have experienced some pain or discomfort after a healing session. Most have said that the pain was short lived and dissipated after some time. Most times, this "pain" is part of the healing process.

In your case since you said you had a broken foot that never healed right, I would surmise the Reiki is healing the bone in your foot. Obviously if you continue to have pain make sure to speak with a doctor to make sure there is no other issue there that you are not aware of.

Russell Kersey-Smith
06-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Sometimes after a Reiki session you can experience what is called a healing crisis, which is what this sounds like. But keep an eye on the pain unless it's something different and requires a doctors attention.

tainamom
06-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Sometimes it could be that more blood is circulating in the area or that the area is truly healing better or it could also mean, if you were holding onto it, that you might have re-injured the area.

Kaceykat
06-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Thanks for all your inputs :-) I've been doing Reiki on myself and family members for, gosh, almost 20 years now And never experienced anything like this before, so I found your calmness reassuring.

Tainamom, no I never grab I just gently place my hands over the chakras, So perhaps it was As you suggest increasing blood circulation or some realignment on a deep tissue level. But if it gets worse, I think definitely I should go back to the doctor.

I think part of me is afraid that there could be a chance the dr. would rebreak the foot in order to make sure it's set properly this time, and I'm squeamish. Maybe the real healing I need is on the mental level eh?

Thanks again!

Neville
06-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Probably nothing to do with anything, but I thought to mention it here as it might be relevant. There is , I am led to understand , something called a Healing Crisis, a term I do not fully understand , but am aware that some healers can experience it .:smile: Oops sorry, (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/member.php?u=31314)

Russell Kersey-Smith already got it covered,

Kaceykat
07-02-2014, 02:46 AM
If anyone had any personal experiences of a healing crisis to share , either as healer-witnesses or healees, I'd be further interested In comparing the trajectories (intensity, length of time, ultimate resolution) . Thanks !

tainamom
07-02-2014, 01:45 PM
there are just so many experiences with pain and cleansing that i can't even recall. the most common experiences were coughing, retching, vomiting, laughing, crying, screaming, pain itself, dreams where i'd fight back. i recently had the flu, still recovering, but so are a lot of people getting it. that is a healing crisis. it was needed for spiritual growth and i find that i feel a whole lot better this time around after this illness. i feel 'lighter' spiritually speaking.

Spirit Seeker
09-02-2014, 01:07 PM
The last two times I did long distance Reiki, I had similar type experience. Back in December I was doing a session for a friend of mine who had knee surgery, but she is also a mess from harboring a lot of negative energy too.

When I finished my first session, I ended up developing a bad headache, mostly because the blockage in her was substantial. I was blowing so much air out of my mouth my wife came in to check on me to make sure I was not hyper-ventilating, LOL. The next night wasn't so bad on the blockage, but then shortly after my session was over with, I started to get very loopy and sick to my stomach.

I then found out the next day that my friend had popped a bunch of pain pills that night, so I had somehow absorbed that into me. I asked my Reiki teacher/master about this and she advised me to make sure that my chakras were closed down to avoid this type of what I can best describe as a feedback.

Last week I was doing long distance again for a friend who has a relative suffering from cancer. The next day after the session, I was completely wiped out all day, like every last ounce of energy had been sucked out of me by an energy vampire. I just wanted to sleep, was lethargic. I wasn't sick, had a good nights sleep the night before, didn't make any sense.

So I ask my Reiki teacher about that and she asked me if I closed down my charkas before I started and of course, duh, I forgot to do so. She then asked me if the client was going through chemo treatment and it turned out he was. So again, I had this feedback and felt exactly what the person was going though. His reaction to the chemo treatment was exactly how I felt that one day. I did a follow up session the other night, but this time closed down my chakras before starting and the next day I felt fine.

So I can't say that I had a healing crisis like you've had, its been more experiencing the clients condition.

tainamom
09-02-2014, 07:42 PM
The last two times I did long distance Reiki, I had similar type experience. Back in December I was doing a session for a friend of mine who had knee surgery, but she is also a mess from harboring a lot of negative energy too.

When I finished my first session, I ended up developing a bad headache, mostly because the blockage in her was substantial. I was blowing so much air out of my mouth my wife came in to check on me to make sure I was not hyper-ventilating, LOL. The next night wasn't so bad on the blockage, but then shortly after my session was over with, I started to get very loopy and sick to my stomach.

I then found out the next day that my friend had popped a bunch of pain pills that night, so I had somehow absorbed that into me. I asked my Reiki teacher/master about this and she advised me to make sure that my chakras were closed down to avoid this type of what I can best describe as a feedback.

Last week I was doing long distance again for a friend who has a relative suffering from cancer. The next day after the session, I was completely wiped out all day, like every last ounce of energy had been sucked out of me by an energy vampire. I just wanted to sleep, was lethargic. I wasn't sick, had a good nights sleep the night before, didn't make any sense.

So I ask my Reiki teacher about that and she asked me if I closed down my charkas before I started and of course, duh, I forgot to do so. She then asked me if the client was going through chemo treatment and it turned out he was. So again, I had this feedback and felt exactly what the person was going though. His reaction to the chemo treatment was exactly how I felt that one day. I did a follow up session the other night, but this time closed down my chakras before starting and the next day I felt fine.

So I can't say that I had a healing crisis like you've had, its been more experiencing the clients condition.

If you're interested, here's my take on it.

From my experience, this only happens under two conditions, either you are using too much of your own energy, so it's draining you or you're experience a healing crisis too.

to take care of the first situation, when someone is properly using their heart and asking source to do the work and helping us to remove ourselves completely from the session, we are allowing Source to touch our hearts, to help us to be an instrument and to let the love flow properly, correctly and completely. we never get drained, but i have experienced getting sleepy and getting a healing before the client gets one.

many times, prior to learning to let the Love from Source touch my heart and do all the work, i used to use a lot of my own energy with my mother. it got me drained and can cause karmic repercussions in which i'm either giving her my karma or taking on hers.

here are some heart exercises that help me tremendously in teaching us to rely on the Love and not interfere or use ourselves in any healing process. http://www.open-your-heart.org.uk/open_heart_meditation.do#Free_Download

how to feel your heart and how to strengthen your heart are the two i'm referring to. as one channels, ask the Love to help you to follow the Love everytime you find yourself out of it.

Spirit Seeker
10-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Thank you for the insight. Then maybe it was a healing crisis (even though it didn't feel like it), only because when I am doing Reiki, I visualize myself as a tool to allow the energy to flow thorugh me into the person I am working on. Like water flowing through a faucet. From Reiki I we were taught that if you try to hard and force it, its not going to work. Maybe some of my energy is still going through, I can't say for sure.

Though the interesting thing is that my experiences were only when I was performing long distance Reiki. I've not had any instances of anything like when I've done a hands on session.

tainamom
10-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Hi Spirit Seeker,

In my experience, we do not visualize, but we practice on following the feeling of love and that feeling of expansion. We will say a few things to remind ourselves to continue to follow it, such as: relax, do nothing at all, True Source Love flows through without doing anything at all, help us to follow the Love, peace joy, etc. Giving thanks many times along the way helps too.

It takes time to trust and to realize that the more we do, the less it flows. The less we do, the more it flows. Sure we block it, but that's fine. We will still grow spiritually.

From experience, heavy breathing is not normal, but I have heard of headaches. I used to use a breathing technique which left me hyperventilated and drained. I do not use that anymore. No need to. The Love just flows and does it automatically.

It's true that you cannot force Reiki because Reiki, when done properly, is Divine Love and love cannot be forced. We cannot force ourselves to accept more, we have to ask for help to allow ourselves to accept the Divine Love and we have to be willing to accept it. We cannot force it unto others, partly because they too need to ask for help and be willing to accept.

The energy will continue to flow because your crown chakra should be open and so should your heart chakra.

As for chakras, in real life, as one grows spiritually, all chakras must open and bloom, but not on our time, but on Source's time. Don't do extra to any other chakras as it can become unbalanced. As you do your own self-healing with Divine Love, the Divine Love is the most intelligent of all and will open what needs to be opened at the proper time.

If you'd like to open your crown, heart and palms even more than what they are now, you can get yourself re-attuned by my teacher Irmansyah Effendi. Every first of the month at 6:30p-6:45p, Irman sends a long distant attunement to all who asks. All you have to do is make the intention. This is a legitimate attunement, but you'll have to google his name and free Usui Reiki Level 1. I can't post the link. Sorry.

Most importantly, relax, smile and enjoy. Do nothing and let the Love do all the work for you.

:)

Kaceykat
11-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Wow I am learning so much from this thread: Thank you to all the posters.

This wasn't exactly a crisis in the classic sense, but I do remember the time I was giving Reiki to someone and she accidentally wet herself :) I guess the negativity exits our bodies in all sorts of ways.

I've continued to give Reiki to the foot, and have yet to experience a return of that great pain. But then, I've also been making sure to wrap it gently & wear new metatarsal pads. Am hoping to tap into Wisdom that it should heal correctly now!

elisi
02-06-2014, 03:41 PM
some people have experienced taking on the clients' pain or discomfort or symptoms. this does not need to happen.

in the old days, our shaman died young because they took on the illness themselves.

if this happens just ask the energy to come another way.