PDA

View Full Version : beauty of incense

pdizzle45
02-02-2014, 09:07 AM
As i sit here and ponder, my eyes refuse to remove their glare from the incense stick that is burning in the room. The small light which the incense originates from burns and gives off smoke which disperses and begins traveling and breaking into different paths. The path which the smoke chooses is unpredictable. As I watch, I notice the smoke at the end of its path fade into what seemingly is nowhere. Yet despite the smoke vanishing, the smell it left behind still lingers. Now I know that even though I am unable to see the smoke, it is still here.
Just like life, the incense begins its journey with a little spark. The path the smoke travels reminds me of the path life goes. It can be unpredictable, and like the smoke, it can change its direction many times before it fades off. At one point, all of us pass on to what God has in store for us next. But the things we do while we our on our path, always leaves a smell behind that lingers on long after we are gone. And just because I can no longer see the smoke, does not mean that it is not there.

Plus incense smells great!

Morpheus
16-02-2014, 06:06 PM
We are very fortunate to have, not far away, an Incense Shop where they make their own using Pine sap.
I get the Frankincense and Myrrh sticks, Heavenly, and sometimes other. Like Sandlewood.

In the religious traditions, Incense burned in services represent the prayers of the believers, rising to Heaven.

pdizzle45
16-02-2014, 06:38 PM
I stared at the incense so long it began to take on a life of its own lol

OceanFlower
27-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Mmm that was divinely written! I absolutely adore incense too and have a ton of the stuff! I might go light some myself soon.. once I've finished tidying! O_O

nowhere man
09-03-2014, 08:55 PM
inspired me to burn some sage :)