PDA

View Full Version : im medicated

running
31-01-2014, 12:59 AM
I made a response in another thread that brought me to a new way at looking at my experience. I'm simply medicated.

What is spirituality i wonder?

People like me. But before being medicated people liked me. So that's not it. I enjoy helping people. But before being medicated I enjoyed helping people. Not it then. I get along with whomever. But before being medicated I got along with whomever. So that's not it.

Okay in case your wondering Im using the word medicated instead of bliss. Bliss could mean anything to anybody. Being medicated I think is a better word for my experience. As I'm joyfully intoxicated.

If I'm happy I'm medicated. If I'm sad I'm medicated. If I'm angry I'm medicated. If I'm negative I'm medicated.

Speaking from my experienceo what is spirituality then I wonder? For me in my experience its about becoming more and more medicated. Being more and more in causeless joyful intoxication. From my perspective when hearing about spirituality is a lot like gangs of salesman's selling cars in a way. If I'm medicated unconditionally then is spirituality anything at all i wonder?

Dont get me wrong i love the topic and am not putting anything down. But when I strip the ego out of it in a sense. To bare bones. I wonder?

The one thing that grows inside me about what spirituality is becoming to me is this. Its anything and everything. Always is and always was. The idea of it having to be anything at all I wonder. Was my problem. That is the one identifiable thing I can pin point in my journey that is becoming squashed.

Now these are all just my thoughts out loud. I love contemplation. Lol

I wonder and this is what I keep coming up with for me in my experience.

silent whisper
31-01-2014, 03:06 AM
It all gets very simple in the end, nice contemplation..:)

Spirituality is a word, how you define it really is just a human definition, and when there are so many of us here in one place, wow so many definitions, ideas about so many things..:)

Mr Interesting
31-01-2014, 03:38 AM
I get what you're saying and have looked at my almost constant meditation as medication... I wonder whether I'm not just cutting out the world in favour of this inner peace and tranquility... then I go out into the world and all people do is complain or talk about money or what they haven't got.

I pointed out to a Nun once that meditation and medication only have one different letter. The c becomes a t.

But in another sense we are medicated at all... they all are!!!

running
01-02-2014, 02:09 PM
It all gets very simple in the end, nice contemplation..:)

Spirituality is a word, how you define it really is just a human definition, and when there are so many of us here in one place, wow so many definitions, ideas about so many things..:)

Thanks! And yeah I feel everything is valid. Spirituality perhaps is as many as there are beings. That's a lot of definitions.

running
01-02-2014, 02:12 PM
I get what you're saying and have looked at my almost constant meditation as medication... I wonder whether I'm not just cutting out the world in favour of this inner peace and tranquility... then I go out into the world and all people do is complain or talk about money or what they haven't got.

I pointed out to a Nun once that meditation and medication only have one different letter. The c becomes a t.

But in another sense we are medicated at all... they all are!!!

Wow! I didn't even realize there is only one letter different. Its funny cause I just came up with it while writing a post. A day or so later made this thread about it. Didn't give any thought yet about the word. That's cool! Thanks Sean for sharing your experience also.