PDA

View Full Version : Crows in dreams

Aki
28-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Last night, I had a dream that, well, it was pretty weird. I was part of a large group of bystanders witnessing a house/property burning, and as it was dying to it's last, a gigantic flock of crows (at least 20-30, if not more like 45) went circling over head. Not just flying by, but circling the property and everyone that was there. It was an intelligent, and conscious choice of them to pinpoint this location. As they finished their circling and left, a group of "local" (to the area of my dream) Native Americans showed up (no clue who they were, or where they originate from IRL). Some were even dressed as crows. They were saying that the crows were a sign, a prophecy that meant that it was now time for them to take back that property, as it had been theirs.

I know that this should probably go in "Dreams", but I'm kind of looking for what the crows mean to Native Americans. The different areas, and tribes, and what it means to them, because from what I'm finding, crows are not a common thing to dream about, so dreaming of 30+ at a time probably means something. Those crows are what is sticking with me. I'm looking for information, but I'm open to dream interpretation.

I'm just a little weirded out. Last night I dream of crows and Natives, night before I dream of a bald eagle that whistles back at me, and I'm a person that usually does NOT remember her dreams.

(There was some more to the dream, but I won't bother getting into it unless someone want me to.)

LillyMoon
28-01-2014, 06:59 PM
I've studied dream interpretation and crows mainly symbolises that someone in your life is not doing ant good to you, making you feel uneasy. etc... What did you feel in the dream? what was your thoughts when you woke up from the dream? I would suggest you keep a dream diary as you can write your dreams and come back to it. You my also find all your dreams connecting together.

Aki
28-01-2014, 07:19 PM
In the dream, I didn't really feel uneasy. I was in awe over the flock of crows, and over the sudden appearance of the Natives, and as the dream went on, I felt that the opposing community side was being kind of unreasonable to the Natives, and that people in general had to become more aware to see that there was a bigger problem with the property than mere ownership and land rights... but never really uneasy.

Aki
28-01-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm looking around online, still, and I keep finding things that say that the crow (or raven in some cases) is a very intelligent bird, and that to many tribes he can mean change, or spiritual awareness, and is indicative of the Creator or of Creation itself... but I'm not really finding anything that resonates with me. I don't think that these are quite what I'm looking for, although, the possibility that this was just a weird dream that means nothing has crossed my mind.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Gracey
28-01-2014, 10:51 PM
maybe you were dreaming about the crow tribe of native American Indians.

Clover
28-01-2014, 11:07 PM
I know birds in general play a big part in the culture,maybe the birds were black so you could pay attention to the dream's message. For example,if the birds were typical brown would it have stuck out? I always pay attention to color in the dream.

Aki
29-01-2014, 12:10 AM
@Gracey: Thanks for the idea to check out the actual Crow people. This seems to be resonating with me better than I was expecting. Enough that I'm thinking I need to do a little more blood hunting on my father's side. Possibly my mother's.

To everyone else: Thanks for your help so far! This has actually been really helpful, so please, keep it coming. ^__^

Makoiyi
29-01-2014, 04:48 AM
I'm NDN (Native) to my people and this will no doubt differ amongst various tribes, Crows are traditionally known as and thought of as messengers that can move between the worlds or realities. They are not as a rule seen as negative because they are often linked to the Ancestors and or the Creator.

Makoiyi

Aki
29-01-2014, 06:26 AM
Thanks, Makoiyi. The information is helping. Nothing definitive, yet, but it's all helping.

Gracey
29-01-2014, 01:13 PM
this is what i have found on the crow tribe.

http://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/crow-tribe.htm

LillyMoon
29-01-2014, 01:24 PM
this is what i have found on the crow tribe.

http://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/crow-tribe.htm

Thank you for posting that, Gracey. I loved reading that.

Gracey
29-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Most welcome LillyMoon.

Aki
29-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Thanks Gracey!

I'm really thinking that the Crow people might have been who popped up, but heaven knows why. I remember that the leader of the current band that showed up was an older woman, and a lot of places agree that the Crow were matrilineal. Not sure yet, but you guys are helping LOADS. Thank you all so much, I never would have though of or found half this stuff without you guys.

Native spirit
29-01-2014, 07:29 PM
:smile: I Have to say i totally agree with Makoiyi this would have been very close to my own reply,

Namaste

Aki
29-01-2014, 07:47 PM
@ Native Spirit: I can get behind that. Seeing a crow, or even two, as an indicator of a message from the Spirit or Other world, but 30+ crows?? It must be one... heck... of a message. Any thoughts?

Native spirit
29-01-2014, 07:56 PM
:smile: Hi Aki.

I have always seen crows they follow me about they used to come with me when walking my dog through the woods.the day of my husbands funeral,people were coming to the door asking if i had seen the roof of my house,it was full of crows,when we went in the car two sat on the roof ,when we came out of his service to the burial grounds every head stone in the place was full of crows,people couldnt believe it it hasnt been seen before. but my guide called me by a name when i was very young he told me my name was Blackcrow,and that is what he calls me today,

Namaste

Aki
29-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Thanks, Native.

Anything else, guys? Still rooting around... (I'm going to be digging around in my own family history this afternoon, though, so we'll see what that digs up.)

Gracey
29-01-2014, 08:21 PM
i wrote a short thread on them awhile ago, here is the link.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5937

i like crows, i have a murder of them living in my back yard.

Aki
30-01-2014, 03:15 AM
Thanks again. ^__^

Makoiyi
30-01-2014, 08:20 AM
The mountain I live on when translated to English translates as
"Hill of the the Ravens". Its well known for its flocks of Ravens, Crows and Rooks and its really not uncommon to see them in huge flocks of 50 + birds here often with the 3 species intermixed. Even the magpies gather around and try to get in on the action as they are crow family also but tend to carry more trickster medicine.

Ravens, Crows and Rooks all have highly developed social groups and its not uncommon for them to hold a court in the case of a member of the flock who has say stolen eggs or killed young etc. They even pass sentence and see that this is carried out.

These are fascinating to watch and I've seen a few in my time its often the Ravens who seem to preside over these courts and the Rooks who carry out what ever they decide to happen. Its well documented and known about including in Europe so easy enough to research.

So this is another area you may want to look into law and how there society works.

Maikan

Aki
30-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Thanks guys. This is helping so much.